Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Fascinating. Care to expound on that some? Thanks in advance.
    i hope he can explain with, you know, words put in an order to expand on his previous thoughts regarding your character.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I thought.

Something that would make her stand out to you over Biden in an election.

I already said Biden was the VP under Obama. Does most of the county even know who Warren is?
    how much of the country knew about barack obama before he ran? biden and warren are polling within a few points of each other, so i dont think notoriety is the issue.

what sets her apart from biden? a more ambitious platform. stronger anti-corporatist positions. wealth tax. more aggressive policies to combat the student debt crisis. her identification of climate change being the greatest current threat to us. her embracing of medicare for all

biden's constant gaffes coupled with his advanced age have me concerned about how he will hold up for 4 years re his mental capacities. he seams more interested in duking it out with trump than being a leader

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how much of the country knew about barack obama before he ran? biden and warren are polling within a few points of each other, so i dont think notoriety is the issue.

what sets her apart from biden? a more ambitious platform. stronger anti-corporatist positions. wealth tax. more aggressive policies to combat the student debt crisis. her identification of climate change being the greatest current threat to us.

biden's constant gaffes coupled with his advanced age have me concerned about how he will hold up for 4 years re his mental capacities. he seams more interested in duking it out with trump than being a leader
    I knew about him. He was big news when he won in Illinois. I wasn't surprised he ran and won the presidency. He's black, he has an automatic group of voters already, and because he was pragmatic and forthright, he was basically a shoo-in vs that show he ran against (and Hillary again.. lol).

Warren isn't new to politics. She's not exciting to anyone except AARP.

Having more extreme positions is already taken by Bernie though and his voters from last time around. Her more extreme position is why I don't think she's going to go anywhere.

Anyone can have a platform. What's special about Warren?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eliminating blue team candidates after seeing the red team put up an orange clown candidate and win... ?

Anyone can get to the top spot if a lying entertainer can.
    Biden lied about grades. Pocahontas lied. Nothing close to the standards set by the orange swamp creature.
    1/3 of eligible voters will never leave him. 40% of the voters will vote for anyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eliminating blue team candidates after seeing the red team put up an orange clown candidate and win... ?

Anyone can get to the top spot if a lying entertainer can.
    Biden lied about grades. Pocahontas lied. Nothing close to the standards set by the orange swamp creature.
    1/3 of eligible voters will never leave him. 40% of the voters will vote for anyone else.
    Hillary didn't, McCain didn't, Kerry didn't, Jeb Bush didn't, Bernie didn't.. many more didn't.

Anyone can, but no one did. Your comments are just fluff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew about him. He was big news when he won in Illinois. I wasn't surprised he ran and won the presidency.
    but thats your anecdote.

i can just as easily tell you that i knew about elizabeth warren and wasn't surprised she ran

He's black, he has an automatic group of voters already, and because he was pragmatic and forthright, he was basically a shoo-in vs that show he ran against (and Hillary again.. lol).

Warren isn't new to politics. She's not exciting to anyone except AARP.

Having more extreme positions is already taken by Bernie though and his voters from last time around. Her more extreme position is why I don't think she's going to go anywhere.

Anyone can have a platform. What's special about Warren?
    "something that would make her stand out to you over Biden in an election"

i answered, and your response is that platforms dont matter, lol
    Last edited by spurraider21; 10-15-2019 at 02:25 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hillary didn't, McCain didn't, Kerry didn't, Jeb Bush didn't, Bernie didn't.. many more didn't.

Anyone can, but no one did. Your comments are just fluff.
    Show me where you predicted the orangutan would win.

You won’t, because you did not.

You are very good at remembering what has already occurred.
    Thats about it.
    And that’s not much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    warren became a senator in 2012. that's the first elected office she has held. she's not some dinosaur thats been on the scene for decades like biden.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a . There's nothing to expound on ya ass!
    Great stuff. Your insights are always dead on. I'll be sure to reference you when offering them up to whatever group of people I interact with next. Would be a shame for such an expanse of knowledge to die here in this place. Thanks again buddy. Have a great rest of the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but thats your anecdote.

i can just as easily tell you that i knew about elizabeth warren and wasn't surprised she ran
    You asked me what the country knew about him. I live in Texas, didn't really follow politics and I knew about him. I didn't poll the entire nation, but obviously he wasn't a nobody when he entered the race. Plus he was exciting to a lot of people, brought hope to them, change.. as it were. What does Warren bring? You've still balked at addressing that.
    "something that would make her stand out to you over Biden in an election"

i answered, and your response is that platforms dont matter, lol
    I initially asked you to name something special about Warren. All this bull ting you're doing is just more evidence there's nothing special about Warren. Other than being female, so 1st female POTUS, there's nothing original or noteworthy about her. The name "Pocahontas" will stick with here throughout the election. Fair or not, it will.

Obviously Benefactor got my point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You asked me what the country knew about him. I live in Texas, didn't really follow politics and I knew about him. I didn't poll the entire nation, but obviously he wasn't a nobody when he entered the race. Plus he was exciting to a lot of people, brought hope to them, change.. as it were. What does Warren bring? You've still balked at addressing that.

I initially asked you to name something special about Warren. All this bull ting you're doing is just more evidence there's nothing special about Warren. Other than being female, so 1st female POTUS, there's nothing original or noteworthy about her. The name "Pocahontas" will stick with here throughout the election. Fair or not, it will.

Obviously Benefactor got my point.
    i asked you to define "special" and you said "something that would make her stand out to you over Biden in an election" and i told you what makes her stand out over biden.

i dont think somebody needs a shtick to be a good president. first black man! first celebrity tv show host businessman with multiple bankruptcies! how about somebody who can get the ing job done. you're more worried about the side show than the substance. if that stuff matters so much to you, then sure, first female president should be good enough.

oh benefactor agrees with you about her appeal. that means everybody else is objectively wrong. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great stuff. Your insights are always dead on. I'll be sure to reference you when offering them up to whatever group of people I interact with next. Would be a shame for such an expanse of knowledge to die here in this place. Thanks again buddy. Have a great rest of the day.
    Idc how much you down play your ways... do whatever you have to do to feel better about being a snitch and a facebook stalker. Either way you're a and no amount of joking is going to change that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    warren became a senator in 2012. that's the first elected office she has held. she's not some dinosaur thats been on the scene for decades like biden.
    Warren was a republican until she started making a lot of money at Harvard and was invited onto some government panel, then she miraculously saw the light (despite her background in economics and law, it took that long) and became a democrat.

So no, nothing special. Just another opportunist. Hard worker? Sure.. respect for her accomplishments and all, but she's nothing to get excited about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i asked you to define "special" and you said "something that would make her stand out to you over Biden in an election" and i told you what makes her stand out over biden.

i dont think somebody needs a shtick to be a good president. first black man! first celebrity tv show host businessman with multiple bankruptcies! how about somebody who can get the ing job done. you're more worried about the side show than the substance. if that stuff matters so much to you, then sure, first female president should be good enough.

oh benefactor agrees with you about her appeal. that means everybody else is objectively wrong. lol
    You and Bene are the only ones who weighed in, and you only with some philopolemic quip of needing a word defined. If you don't know what "special" means in terms of being elected, defining it for you isn't going to change anything.

The noteworthy doesn't matter to me, but it matters to a lot of people who have zero idea what the platform is for the people they vote for, they just pick based on common threads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren was a republican until she started making a lot of money at Harvard and was invited onto some government panel, then she miraculously saw the light (despite her background in economics and law, it took that long) and became a democrat.

So no, nothing special. Just another opportunist. Hard worker? Sure.. respect for her accomplishments and all, but she's nothing to get excited about.
    and trump was a democrat until 2009

nobody is forcing you to be excited about and vote for warren. you asked me for my reasoning and i gave it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and trump was a democrat until 2009

nobody is forcing you to be excited about and vote for warren. you asked me for my reasoning and i gave it
    So she's a female version of Trump.

I didn't ask for your reasoning. I said tell me something special about Warren. I'm still waiting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You and Bene are the only ones who weighed in, and you only with some philopolemic quip of needing a word defined. If you don't know what "special" means in terms of being elected, defining it for you isn't going to change anything.
    but you already did define it. and i gave my response based on it. now you're unhappy about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but you already did define it. and i gave my response based on it. now you're unhappy about it.
    It wasn't about you. I know it's hard to accept but it's true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show me where you predicted the orangutan would win.

You won’t, because you did not.

You are very good at remembering what has already occurred.
    Thats about it.
    And that’s not much.
    How does predicting who will win mean anything?

I only have information about the past and present. Obviously I know nothing.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden would be fine. They'd all be shat upon by Trump in a debate because Donald doesn't play by the rules of political protocol or decency on stage. He's a troll, and he won't hesitate to say just about anything. The politicians in our country are behind the curve with this, they still play old school IRS/FBI starched shirt and tie protocol, manners and such. People like Donald come from a world where saying outlandish gets you public attention. Mixing the two sounds like a recipe for disaster on a world stage because other nations aren't the same salt collecting trolls the US seems saturated with, but it can win you an election since those salt collectors vote. Popularity in this country has very little to do with ability.
    Trump is terrible in debates. Clinton kept lobbing him softballs over and over again with her Syria No Fly Zone plan in all three debates and he never even took a swing at them. I'll never forget that it had to be Chris Wallace in the third debate to finally ask her if she wanted to go to war with Russia.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elizabeth Warren Isn't Really For Medicare For All - Harry Reid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elizabeth Warren Isn't Really For Medicare For All - Harry Reid
    so a 30 second clip where reid is speculating followed by an 11 minute analysis taking what he said as fact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is terrible in debates. Clinton kept lobbing him softballs over and over again with her Syria No Fly Zone plan in all three debates and he never even took a swing at them. I'll never forget that it had to be Chris Wallace in the third debate to finally ask her if she wanted to go to war with Russia.
    Clinton had the questions in advance and still lost. He didn't need to talk about anything substantive. He only needed to have cute quips about putting her in jail. Like this forum, a lot of voters never read or hear the actual story, they just respond to the memes.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so a 30 second clip where reid is speculating followed by an 11 minute analysis taking what he said as fact
    TRIGGER WARNING

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren's edgy quip about people of faith who think marriage should be between a man and a woman is going to hurt her. That was an utterly stupid response. Combined with the native heritage thing, I worry about her.

Thread Information