Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren's edgy quip about people of faith who think marriage should be between a man and a woman is going to hurt her. That was an utterly stupid response. Combined with the native heritage thing, I worry about her.
    i think her response was fine until she dropped the "assuming you can find one" line, which was over the top and more trumpian than anything. the response to the hypothetical guy that he "should just marry one woman" imo is the perfect response to the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont require jimmy dore's seal of approval before forming opinions, tbh

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmy D bad now

algorithms don't exist (conspiracy theory)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    huh?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren's edgy quip about people of faith who think marriage should be between a man and a woman is going to hurt her. That was an utterly stupid response. Combined with the native heritage thing, I worry about her.
    So she's going to piss people off who were voting Trump anyways?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does predicting who will win mean anything?

I only have information about the past and present. Obviously I know nothing.
    Damn right that’s all you have.

And you can identify fluff when you read a list?

Im saying Trump can lose very easily to ANY democrat.
    As one of the most unpopular in bents of all time.
    You tell me you can read a list of who has lost past elections?

Great fckn insight. This is the most vulnerable in bent possibly of all time who started his 2020 run directly after getting elected 2016. That is notable I think.

You keep with your list. Trying predict has no usefulness to you? You only know the past and present? Good for you.
    Don’t read the weather report before you fly into the side of a mountain dumb .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you seem to require Ralph Maddow seal of approval

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont watch or follow maddow

i havent had cable for over 2 years now ... last and only time i ever tuned into msnbc was when she claimed to have his tax returns, and i actually had to look up online what channel that was on directv

never tuned in again lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the RT news guy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn right that’s all you have.

And you can identify fluff when you read a list?
    Should I have information of the future?
    Im saying Trump can lose very easily to ANY democrat.
    As one of the most unpopular in bents of all time.
    You tell me you can read a list of who has lost past elections?
    You're full of . You better hope the DNC doesn't feel that way. They didn't 4 years ago when Hillary was 98:1 odds on favorite, because they cornholed Bernie to get to her.
    Great fckn insight. This is the most vulnerable in bent possibly of all time who started his 2020 run directly after getting elected 2016. That is notable I think.

You keep with your list. Trying predict has no usefulness to you? You only know the past and present? Good for you.
    Don’t read the weather report before you fly into the side of a mountain dumb .
    If you fly into the side of a mountain, the weather report doesn't matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The left has a lot of Christians.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think that response won her any votes that weren't already voting against Trump?

She wasn't asked "What do you say to someone who fires or assaults people based on their marriage," she was asked, "What do you say to someone who BELIEVES this about marriage?" Realize that even 21% of Democrats still don't believe gay marriage should be recognized. Yes, it's an idiotic and archaic belief, but people do come around on those beliefs... and they don't do so by having those beliefs insulted. I've seen countless people change their minds over time about sexuality, gay marriage, transgenderism, etc.

There's absolutely no point in giving more direct fodder to conservatives to push the idea that Democrats are anti-Christian. They're going to push that message anyway, but direct content is much more powerful than insinuation. A 2-3% swing from any dumbass comment could be disastrous.

She was going for a soundbyte instead of the approach that has actually made her one of the more popular candidates - listening and empathizing with people who sometimes have ridiculous ideas and giving reasoned, thought-out responses to their concerns. The same approach (before his current descent into desperation mode) that got Beto 48% of the TX vote while other statewide candidates struggled to get 40.

Between Warren trolling marriage traditionalists and Beto's idiotic "tax exemptions based on religious beliefs" comments, these people are doing the GOP's work for them.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think her response was fine until she dropped the "assuming you can find one" line, which was over the top and more trumpian than anything. the response to the hypothetical guy that he "should just marry one woman" imo is the perfect response to the question.
    Exactly, and if anything is going to pull a reasonable amount of (white) Christians to the left, it's differentiation from Trump. Not just Trump legislation and policy, but Trump at ude and trollishness. A good number of Christians are exhausted by it and they can be won over.

But it won't happen if they feel like a vote for a Democrat is a vote against their faith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should I have information of the future?

You're full of . You better hope the DNC doesn't feel that way. They didn't 4 years ago when Hillary was 98:1 odds on favorite, because they cornholed Bernie to get to her.

If you fly into the side of a mountain, the weather report doesn't matter.
    Are you a complete moron?
    This is a fckn political thread, you think people don’t prognosticate, we just read off lists?

I told this board and I will tell you again:
    This President has made such a dishonest lying mess of his tenure that almost any democrat can beat him.
    I believe this. It’s my guess, God forbid, based on a mess of a presidency.
    Especially if they stick to his record and a few issues like health care and infrastructure.

So Because Hillary lost...

Oh heads 4 times must mean we are due for heads again? Very good.

And never watch the predicted winds BEFORE you go out in your boat, for brains. It might not reach the forecasted 20 ft swells and you will have a less than swell day.
    Or maybe you can say you ran into the side of the mountain and survived.

I think you fell on your head a couple of days ago. Just a guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the biggest knocking point on somebody is that she embellished her CV 25 years ago i dont think thats a big deal in the scheme of things

particularly when there is an open ended question of whether she had a genuine belief or not. either way, there is nothing to indicate that she benefitted from it

i've already knocked her on this some time ago, and i questioned her judgment when she actually went forward with the DNA testing and released the results. thought that was stupid and just shooting herself in the foot, so no, i dont view are as being immune to criticism for it, but it has very little to do with her candidacy for president, imo
    Yeah, I have a very cynical view of it. The Native American part rubs me really bad as that one group that has been on throughout history and it would be very low to try and take one of their spots. I think it's a little naive to take a best case scenario there.

Still my problem is mainly with progressive policies which continually go over the edge with me in terms of constant handouts in more and more categories and also gross exaggeration of the problems in this country. I differ in that while I think many are impractical if I'm proven wrong I'd be happy to be wrong. If free college, $15 minimum wage even for small businesses and rural areas, UBI, universal healthcare, massive taxes for over the top climate policies, etc. work out if eat crow and be fine. But each time I wrap around some new radical idea there's 7 more popping up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly, and if anything is going to pull a reasonable amount of (white) Christians to the left, it's differentiation from Trump. Not just Trump legislation and policy, but Trump at ude and trollishness. A good number of Christians are exhausted by it and they can be won over.

But it won't happen if they feel like a vote for a Democrat is a vote against their faith.
    If they feel like a vote for a Democrat is a vote against their faith they're already Republicans and Republicans love Trump. I do not know any Republican voters exhausted by Trump. They're exhausted by everyone treating the Dear Leader so unfairly and with such malice. I don't buy that Republican voters can be won over and it's not a good strategy to focus on them instead of trying to get our own people out to vote. The Democrats tried that in 2016 with their center-right piece of and it cost them decades of control of the supreme court. I think coming out for marriage equality is the better play here for Warren. I don't want Warren to try to be Claire McCaskill and worry too much about the snowflakes on the right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I have a very cynical view of it. The Native American part rubs me really bad as that one group that has been on throughout history and it would be very low to try and take one of their spots. I think it's a little naive to take a best case scenario there.
    Meh her family told her some bull that ended up being false and she believed it. Happens all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still my problem is mainly with progressive policies which continually go over the edge with me in terms of constant handouts in more and more categories and also gross exaggeration of the problems in this country. I differ in that while I think many are impractical if I'm proven wrong I'd be happy to be wrong. If free college, $15 minimum wage even for small businesses and rural areas, UBI, universal healthcare, massive taxes for over the top climate policies, etc. work out if eat crow and be fine. But each time I wrap around some new radical idea there's 7 more popping up
    and thats all fine and a difference of opinion, but it's not in the same category as gaffes, scandals, etc

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they feel like a vote for a Democrat is a vote against their faith they're already Republicans and Republicans love Trump. I do not know any Republican voters exhausted by Trump. They're exhausted by everyone treating the Dear Leader so unfairly and with such malice. I don't buy that Republican voters can be won over and it's not a good strategy to focus on them instead of trying to get our own people out to vote. The Democrats tried that in 2016 with their center-right piece of and it cost them decades of control of the supreme court. I think coming out for marriage equality is the better play here for Warren. I don't want Warren to try to be Claire McCaskill and worry too much about the snowflakes on the right.
    Tell that to DMC who pretends to want Trump defeated. I agree with you. Most Republican voters will always vote Republican. No need to waste time and resources on people that are too far gone.

Rule #1 in politics: Never abandon your base.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as long as our voter participation rates continue to be ty, this is the viable approach tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah don't see that as a problem. It's her promise to destroy the economy that is a bigger problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah don't see that as a problem. It's her promise to destroy the economy that is a bigger problem.
    So her wealth tax is worse than than the tax Trump is putting on people with his tariffs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So her wealth tax is worse than than the tax Trump is putting on people with his tariffs?
    She says she will ban all fracking on day 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She says she will ban all fracking on day 1
    No she won’t.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No she won’t.
    She says she will. Conversation is about politics/electability in the general not policy. Try to keep up.

Thread Information