Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you a complete moron?
    This is a fckn political thread, you think people don’t prognosticate, we just read off lists?

I told this board and I will tell you again:
    This President has made such a dishonest lying mess of his tenure that almost any democrat can beat him.
    I believe this. It’s my guess, God forbid, based on a mess of a presidency.
    Especially if they stick to his record and a few issues like health care and infrastructure.

So Because Hillary lost...

Oh heads 4 times must mean we are due for heads again? Very good.

And never watch the predicted winds BEFORE you go out in your boat, for brains. It might not reach the forecasted 20 ft swells and you will have a less than swell day.
    Or maybe you can say you ran into the side of the mountain and survived.

I think you fell on your head a couple of days ago. Just a guess.
    Guessing isn't knowing.

Prior to the election, Trump said "grab them by the pussy" and won. You really think someone like Amy Klobucher could beat Trump?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She says she will ban all fracking on day 1
    Probably not a good idea in the short term (eg the next 20 years). Better to combat global warming through subsidies for R&D to help make solar eventually more economically viable worldwide. I hope a President Warren would focus most on the financial industry being a vampire on this nation the same way FDR did. But she could always end up another Obama who promised FDR on the campaign trail and delivered Clinton when actually in office.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She says she will. Conversation is about politics/electability in the general not policy. Try to keep up.
    She says she will...
    Trump said he would release his tax returns.
    Try to keep up. You think the blue side will be honest when the nuts and bolts of being energy independent are made clear.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren and Sanders are pretty good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Energy independence as a country sounds cool, but we won't be individually independent, and it's not like our country won't us even harder when they control all the supplies.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show me where you predicted the orangutan would win.

You won’t, because you did not.

You are very good at remembering what has already occurred.
    Thats about it.
    And that’s not much.
    You seriously need to seek help, I think there is a cure for TDS. I've heard if you bend over, run full speed and ram your head into a wall it might knock some common sense into some people. I doubt it'll work you for you though, you're 100% brainwashed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idc how much you down play your ways... do whatever you have to do to feel better about being a snitch and a facebook stalker. Either way you're a and no amount of joking is going to change that.
    Is this the guy that stalked some dudes Facebook in the NFL forum?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better to combat global warming
    It's too late,

and

anyway, the BigCorp polluters will not stop polluting, with the Repugs killing anti-pollution regs, etc, etc.

and air pollution from Bs of ICE vehicles worldwide, and the Bs of tons of fuel extraction to power them, will not stop.

It's ing GAMEOVER

All humans can do now is play defense against the onslaught of AGW.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably not a good idea in the short term (eg the next 20 years). Better to combat global warming through subsidies for R&D to help make solar eventually more economically viable worldwide. I hope a President Warren would focus most on the financial industry being a vampire on this nation the same way FDR did. But she could always end up another Obama who promised FDR on the campaign trail and delivered Clinton when actually in office.
    It would probably cause a global depression to do it immediately.

My point was she is telling an awful lot of voters you. Hillary was stupid to say it to coal miners. Warren is saying it to coal miners, everyone in the shale industry, everyone in the health insurance industry, and who knows what other industries.

It's just bad politics for the general to campaign on these people's jobs and those people's jobs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guessing isn't knowing.

Prior to the election, Trump said "grab them by the pussy" and won. You really think someone like Amy Klobucher could beat Trump?
    Really?

So we don’t make assumptions and predictions on this board, we have to know like you know.
    Only the past and present are discussed because the sun might not come up tomorrow.

Anyone who wins the Democratic primaries can easily beat the most screwed up presidency in modern history. The blue team needs to keep it simple. And just beat it into people’s heads. The latest example should not focus on the details, just on the fact that our president asked a foreign leader to screw with our elections by digging for dirt on an election opponent that could beat him.... Putin style stuff, compromat. Then bring in the “bikers like me and they are tough” warning.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they feel like a vote for a Democrat is a vote against their faith they're already Republicans and Republicans love Trump. I do not know any Republican voters exhausted by Trump. They're exhausted by everyone treating the Dear Leader so unfairly and with such malice. I don't buy that Republican voters can be won over and it's not a good strategy to focus on them instead of trying to get our own people out to vote. The Democrats tried that in 2016 with their center-right piece of and it cost them decades of control of the supreme court. I think coming out for marriage equality is the better play here for Warren. I don't want Warren to try to be Claire McCaskill and worry too much about the snowflakes on the right.
    The first part of Warren's response is a great way of coming out for marriage equality. You follow that up by explaining the rights that gay couples miss out on without state recognized marriage, and by appealing to the qualities of Jesus Christ that make it unthinkable that he would ever oppose gay marriage.

Her approach was lazy, regardless of who it may have offended (or whether we should care.) A better response might not have won over Republicans but at least it would have been ignored by them at worst. It's not about focusing on those voters at all. Just don't feed them without good reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seriously need to seek help, I think there is a cure for TDS. I've heard if you bend over, run full speed and ram your head into a wall it might knock some common sense into some people. I doubt it'll work you for you though, you're 100% brainwashed.
    K

Old man Alt noted.

Roscoe P. Coltrane.... Gotta do better than this, it’s embarrassing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would probably cause a global depression to do it immediately.

My point was she is telling an awful lot of voters you. Hillary was stupid to say it to coal miners. Warren is saying it to coal miners, everyone in the shale industry, everyone in the health insurance industry, and who knows what other industries.

It's just bad politics for the general to campaign on these people's jobs and those people's jobs.
    If wanting single payer healthcare is saying you to the insurance industry, then yeah, them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really?

So we don’t make assumptions and predictions on this board, we have to know like you know.
    Only the past and present are discussed because the sun might not come up tomorrow.

Anyone who wins the Democratic primaries can easily beat the most screwed up presidency in modern history. The blue team needs to keep it simple. And just beat it into people’s heads. The latest example should not focus on the details, just on the fact that our president asked a foreign leader to screw with our elections by digging for dirt on an election opponent that could beat him.... Putin style stuff, compromat. Then bring in the “bikers like me and they are tough” warning.
    Either you were getting high during the epistemology lectures or you're just daft.

Knowing and guessing aren't the same things.

The rest of your word salad with slobber dressing makes no sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If wanting single payer healthcare is saying you to the insurance industry, then yeah, them.
    As progresive as her other policies are, I bet Liz is not gonna push mandatory Medicare for all

(and if it ain't mandatory, it will fail)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either you were getting high during the epistemology lectures or you're just daft.

Knowing and guessing aren't the same things.

The rest of your word salad with slobber dressing makes no sense.
    No ?

Please teach me your OCD ways.

This president is extremely vulnerable.
    The only problem is going to be deciding which up is easiest to explain.

It is time for you to end it. Agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ?

Please teach me your OCD ways.

This president is extremely vulnerable.
    The only problem is going to be deciding which up is easiest to explain.

It is time for you to end it. Agreed.
    Once the Dems narrow to one person, the right will attack the out of them. Trump's "record jobs" and "Stock Market 10K points" and "ended wars in blah blah blah" will be touted. People will hear that. They'll hear Warren say stupid about beliefs and half a dozen other things she's said. Or they'll hear Biden's gaffes, his son will continue to be dragged into the spotlight, his touchy feely #metoo practice sessions will be made into a looping ad.

Likewise the left will play about Trump being investigated. They'll say he's corrupt show footage of him and other leaders to make the point he's not on the side of America, and they'll show lists of all those under him who are now in jail or have been ousted or quit.

The sum could very well be "is your family better today than it was 4 years ago?" If you're Christian, do you want to sign onto late term abortions? Do you want your guns taken from you? Do you want to pay more in taxes so the immigrants being given amnesty get to live for free?

These are how it will likely pan out, but then, unlike you, I don't know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once the Dems narrow to one person, the right will attack the out of them. Trump's "record jobs" and "Stock Market 10K points" and "ended wars in blah blah blah" will be touted. People will hear that. They'll hear Warren say stupid about beliefs and half a dozen other things she's said. Or they'll hear Biden's gaffes, his son will continue to be dragged into the spotlight, his touchy feely #metoo practice sessions will be made into a looping ad.

Likewise the left will play about Trump being investigated. They'll say he's corrupt show footage of him and other leaders to make the point he's not on the side of America, and they'll show lists of all those under him who are now in jail or have been ousted or quit.

The sum could very well be "is your family better today than it was 4 years ago?" If you're Christian, do you want to sign onto late term abortions? Do you want your guns taken from you? Do you want to pay more in taxes so the immigrants being given amnesty get to live for free?

All reasonable points.
    But I think his record of lying and ups in Health Care and Infrastructure take center stage.
    No plans. 2018 House is the tip of the iceberg that will sink this rotten vessel.
    The economics can be shown to be distributed extremely disproportionately.

Why do you find the need to be disingenuous so often?
    Show me where I said I know this will happen.
    Underlined is pure bull . And you KNOW this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like anyone could beat him in 2016? If the Democrats run on "Trump's a crooked asshole so vote for me" again they'll lose again. GOP voters are easy to control with fear but that doesn't work for Democrat voters, as they buy into the both sides too easily and just stay home. It's the main reason I have never been a fan of impeachment even though Dennison absolutely deserves it.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like anyone could beat him in 2016? If the Democrats run on "Trump's a crooked asshole so vote for me" again they'll lose again. GOP voters are easy to control with fear but that doesn't work for Democrat voters, as they buy into the both sides too easily and just stay home. It's the main reason I have never been a fan of impeachment even though Dennison absolutely deserves it.
    this election will be won by getting the black votes back, and turning like 15000 college educated people. Who knows where the rust belts gonna go though, Trump made alot of lying ass promises and some of them have been hurt the most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes got blue team worried with one of the all time biggest upsets but....

His record counts now. And it’s awful. , I gave him a chance knowing about half the voting public wanted him but now he has shown himself. He is an easy kill, even for the paranoid blue team imo. Blue team needs to clearly explain his ridiculous antics as president of the most powerful country on Earth. He lies, he cheats, he is in love with himself and that’s what matters to him.

Others have stated he is the weakest in bent in the modern presidency, and I think this is the case. But it needs to be explained. In very simple terms. Pick his outrageous statements and backtracking/lying and just pound it.

Then attack his lying no health care plan. Make seniors worry about unpredictable drug prices, and younger worry about zero Medicare possibility with them paying for something they will be shoved out of. Hit his no plan infrastructure, and exacerbation of wealth disparity with tax cuts for rich and companies while debt is out of control. This would be for the middle class voter.
    It gets much easier with minorities. Brutally attack him for hating them. Passionate hatred. Play it up beyond what is there. Go red team dirty with different blue team members, not the major candidate. Do a ton of groundwork in their localities. And no factional BS near the end (this is really what tore the blue team apart). Bernie v. Hillary. The democratic convention was an utter mess. Avoid this, it was horribly played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is really so much to attack it has to be sorted out by simplicity.
    The most egregious acts that may be hard to explain, leave them.
    This really should be easy imo, and if blue team can’t convince, then we deserve 4 more years of this idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They've been touting the economy for his entire presidency. His approval rating hasn't budged from the 41%+/-3 that it has been the whole time. That is why he is so vulnerable: he's historically unpopular despite a growing economy. If the economy shrinks in the next year, he's completely ed. As it is he still has a poor shot.

The issue last year wasn't Fox News, Breitbart, and the National Review running Uranium 1, emails, and the like nonstop. It was that the NYT, CNN, and the rest of the MSM types running it nonstop too.

The old Bannon think-tank which first floated the whole Hunter-Biden corruption angle just doesn't have the legs. MSM is reporting that Biden pressured the investigator to be removed because it was part of what the Ukraine needed to do to meet NATO entrance requirements as opposed to detailing the uranium 1 deal pretty much straight out of Schweizer's book. There is no ongoing FBI investigation on any candidate except Trump.

As for your "the sum could be," it reads like conservative talking points: ABORTIONISTHEDEBIL!MUHGUNS!BROWNPEOPLE!. that is just how you would like it it pan out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...as opposed to the squeaky-clean patriot in the white house amirite?
    This is whataboutism... one thing doesn't excuse the other

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're all flawed candidates.

Bernie, he means good in his heart, and look, he's a truthbomber, but he's unelectable in this country.

Biden is Hillary with a , terrible, unlikeable candidate that represents more of the same old politics with a million skeletons in his closet (he rode Obama freshness as a relatively unknown to the VP spot).

Warren is probably the one that can both collect votes and shift towards the center after the primaries. There's other candidates that can do the latter (Booker, Harris, etc), but they can't get votes.

Yang is really the dark horse IMO. Relatively young, unknown, somehow manages to still make it into the debates. Might flame out any time now, but if he makes it to the big dance, he's also somebody that can pivot (aka bull his way around) towards different positions.

The rest is cannon-fodder, IMO.

Thread Information