Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emails obtained by POLITICO reveal a Democratic Party grappling with an onslaught of twin threats: foreign election interference and disinformation by Trump and his allies.

The Democratic National Committee sent an urgent alert on Monday to every presidential campaign aimed at avoiding a repeat of the cybersecurity fiasco the party suffered at the hands of Russia and Wikileaks in 2016.

The subject of the email was “Counter-Disinformation Update,” and it was part of a regular series of communications by DNC Tech, the party’s in-house group responsible for internal security and monitoring the spread of fake news about Democrats.

POLITICO obtained the full archive of DNC’s Tech’s missives to the presidential campaigns. They reveal a party struggling to combat the continued onslaught of the twin threats faced by the Democratic Party: cyber penetration from state actors abroad and the spread of disinformation about its top presidential candidates by Donald Trump and his allies at home.

Democrats are entering a critical stretch of the campaign when voters are paying more attention, the top candidates and their desperate single-digit rivals are more likely to begin attacking each other, and Trump, facing both impeachment and a slew of general election polls that show him losing to most Democrats, is pillorying Joe Biden in an attempt to shape the nomination contest to his benefit.

It was a moment, the DNC warned, to be hypervigilant about fake news.

“[A]ll campaigns should expect to see heightened disinformation and discourse manipulation activity leading up to, during, and after the debates with the goal of polarizing opposing Democratic supporters,” Monday’s pre-debate email said. Tech, as the DNC Geek Squad is known inside Washington headquarters, asked each presidential campaign to report “inauthentic or su ious activity” to the DNC as well as to the major social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook/Instagram, Google/Youtube).

Full Read: https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...rmation-046839

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These dudes need to worry about the ty candidates, tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

...as opposed to the squeaky-clean patriot in the white house amirite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DNC already preparing an excuse for another epic loss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...as opposed to the squeaky-clean patriot in the white house amirite?
    Therein lies the difference El is referring to

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren and Sanders are pretty good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sanders could die at any minute and Warren doesn't have "it". The DNC already ed Sanders over once. If it came down to Sanders and Warren, would the him again?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most are hopeless, but not ty.

Warren is looking the strongest, and she's got the " you" guts to counter less bully Trash head on.

BigFinance is terrified of Warren (confirming her value to the non-oligarchy), and will spend many $100Ms to block her.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC is right, Warren has zero appeal. She's feels as approachable as a middle school librarian

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC is right, Warren has zero appeal. She's feels as approachable as a middle school librarian
    so little appeal she's ahead in the polls

what ing "appeal" are you assholes wanting?

"drink a beer" with war criminal dubya?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She has some appeal when standing next to Dump

And disagree the Demo candidate does not need to have IT. To be compe ive I mean

The DNC just needs to avoid putting up THE WORST CANDIDATE IN HISTORY vs Trump and they might have a chance in

And BTW Biden is THE 2ND WORST CANDIDATE IN HISTORY and would sink democrats chances again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Third hand hearsay, but her HLS students said she was an unapproachable . So there's that.

That said, I think she's got more appeal than you give her credit. She'll earn more points with women. And she's smart and frothy enough to go after DJT when he goes on the attack.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    her HLS students
    all lawyers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ELIZABETH WARREN IS BEGINNING TO WIN THE ELECTABILITY ARGUMENT

The emergence of Elizabeth Warren as a front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination has been the story of the 2020 primary.

Warren has been rewarded for

her bold positions and the simple fact that

she has a clear point of view

that allows her to be on offense every day.

No other Democratic campaign can say the same.

53% of likely Democratic primary voters say it is “harder” or “much harder” for a female candidate to defeat Trump.

But in spite of those worries, Warren is also now perceived as more electable than she was in June,

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019..._term=VYF_Hive

How dee ing licious would it be for a pussy to beat pussy-grabbing Trash!

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She has some appeal when standing next to Dump

And disagree the Demo candidate does not need to have IT. To be compe ive I mean

The DNC just needs to avoid putting up THE WORST CANDIDATE IN HISTORY vs Trump and they might have a chance in

And BTW Biden is THE 2ND WORST CANDIDATE IN HISTORY and would sink democrats chances again
    Yeah, putting Biden up would a Jason Garrett icing his own kicker level decision.

I don't see how it can't be Warren. Sanders health is bad and Biden is mired in controversy. She will also have a full arsenal of years of Trumps exaggerations/contradictory statements to fire back at him when he goes at her. Perhaps the likability will matter less overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sanders could die at any minute and Warren doesn't have "it". The DNC already ed Sanders over once. If it came down to Sanders and Warren, would the him again?
    oh, ok. that's a wrap then

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Biden is mired in controversy"

Apart from his misogynist/racist/corporatist career, he's very old for his age, typically myopic, out of touch, living in the past (eg, he still believes "across the aisle")

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how it can't be Warren. Sanders health is bad and Biden is mired in controversy. .
    Biden is mired in controversy because Fox/Repubicans constantly mention these fake controversies to create a "where there's smoke there must be fire" line of bull reasoning. Warren 100% lied about being an Indian to get into Harvard and Bernie has his own his own 40 year line of controversies but Progressives/Bernie Bros just tune those out tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your house is on fire and the arsonist is still in your house pouring gasoline ...

a dozen trained firemen are outside ready to help

and you s are ing about the firemen and if they have the proper gear to help.

because - that is really the issue n ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden is mired in controversy because Fox/Repubicans constantly mention these fake controversies to create a "where there's smoke there must be fire" line of bull reasoning. Warren 100% lied about being an Indian to get into Harvard and Bernie has his own his own 40 year line of controversies but Progressives/Bernie Bros just tune those out tbh
    she never "got into harvard"... she was never a student there. she was hired there was a professor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your house is on fire and the arsonist is still in your house pouring gasoline ...

a dozen trained firemen are outside ready to help

and you s are ing about the firemen and if they have the proper gear to help.

because - that is really the issue n ...

Someone could use a Snickers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One side falls for every single fake controversy and the other calls any legit criticism of their candidate "Republican talking Points" lmao. How about a happy rational medium

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she never "got into harvard"... she was never a student there. she was hired there was a professor
    yeah I know...by lying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah I know...by lying
    no

the boston globe did a long piece on this some time ago... those responsible for her hiring viewed her as a white woman

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...O0K/story.html

Thread Information