My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never seen bertans post up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is the worst player I've ever seen in a Spurs uni
    Dude is a waste. Has the body and tools of an NBA player but, unfortunately...he ing sucks at basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn and Patty should have their contracts switched. FFS 50 million for a 3rd string tier PG

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to line up at Academy now for the championship gear...

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best thing about this game is Walker hitting 3's. It was only 2, but it's still a big addition. I liked White showing signs of life, especially with the steal and two blocks. If this team is going to make the playoffs, those two are going to be key.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best thing about this game is Walker hitting 3's. It was only 2, but it's still a big addition. I liked White showing signs of life, especially with the steal and two blocks. If this team is going to make the playoffs, those two are going to be key.
    *Murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine Murray and White reaching their full potential. Thats 48 minutes of great guard play. Will def put pressure on teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayres, Lavergne and Bonner say hi, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray just has that it factor that will propel him to be star. The guy is fearless and that one sequence with Harden just shows you his mental toughness that he's not intimidated and wants to proof that he's the best player on court. Nothing I've seen is all that surprising though since it was pretty clear that he had the tools to be great. He will have a huge year for sure.

Also, Walker has to play for his defense alone. I was really impressed with his tenacity on that end of the floor and his offense will only get better if he gets consistent minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Lyles will be getting serious minutes this year...

Option 1
    Starting
    Dejounte/ DeRozan/ Carroll/ Aldridge/ Poetl
    Bench
    White/ Lonnie/ Gay/ Lyles/ Eubanks

Option 2 ( you can kinda see how Morris would have fit well with this one)
    Starting
    Dejounte/ Forbes/ DeRozan/ Lyles/ Aldridge
    Bench
    White/ Lonnie/ Carroll/ Gay/ Poetl

Option 3
    Starting
    Dejounte/ Derozan/ Lonnie/ Aldridge/ Poetl
    Bench
    White/ Forbes/ Carroll/ Gay/ Lyles

Option 4
    Starting
    Dejounte/ DeRozan/ Lonnie/ Lyles/ Aldridge
    Bench
    White/ Forbes/ Carroll/ Gay/ Poetl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray just has that it factor that will propel him to be star. The guy is fearless and that one sequence with Harden just shows you his mental toughness that he's not intimidated and wants to proof that he's the best player on court. Nothing I've seen is all that surprising though since it was pretty clear that he had the tools to be great. He will have a huge year for sure.

Also, Walker has to play for his defense alone. I was really impressed with his tenacity on that end of the floor and his offense will only get better if he gets consistent minutes.
    Murray's reminds me of Nephew's rise.

And yes, Lonnie's defense was really good. He was in the right spots at all times. Very impressive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These rockets announcers are horrible to listen to
    +5000000×

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald @JMcDonald_SAEN
    1h
    Rudy Gay has been dealing with a hamstring issue and is out tonight. DeMar DeRozan is out after bruising his chest against New Orleans. Neither serious, per Pop, although Gay's issue has lingered.

Explains a little why Gay had been looking so slow...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just can't ask more from Murray at this point. Everything was working for him. It's not reasonable to expect him to do that against teams without terrible D, but he could go down a few pegs and still be an impact offensive player. The biggest change this year to me has been his added bulk. Two years ago, Murray was pretty much a PG defender only. He just didn't have the base to hold up against legit wings. From the outset this year, Pop has had DJM on guys like Butler, and Murray has held up well. Against LAC, there's a great chance that he's going to be the guy on Kawhi (since PG is a bit bigger and probably the one DeRozan will check unless the Clips play small), Harden and other star SFs. He's not quite the floor-spacer yet. (Contrary to popular belief, it's not based on 3P%) But he can get himself open looks from all over the court because he can convert whatever type of opportunity the defense gives him.

I hope Pop realizes Walker has to be in the rotation. Beli certainly has his benefits, but Walker's upside is amazing. Forbes is playing entirely too well to unseat at the moment, but the starting two-guard spot is Lonnie's eventual home. Harden isn't nearly the challenge to defend as people might think (you just have to be okay with him making some really inefficent shots and focus on not fouling and not giving up great threes by overhelping), but he's already at least as good as Simmons ever was on that end for the Spurs. He also played a pretty solid offensive floor game. He didn't shoot well, but it's clear he can get to so many shots most players just can't find an angle for. You add in solid D and good passing? I don't see how you can overlook him. He's not going to be perfect, but he seems like the guy you want running with Mills, White, Carroll/Gay and Poeltl. At least let him play himself out of the role. You can even disguise it as "saving Beli for the home stretch".

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By far the most awkward and raw player I’ve seen in a Spurs uni. That’s saying a lot considering we’ve had guys like Mengke Bateer, Uwe Blab & Dwayne Schintzius. Honestly, sometimes he looks like he’s never played the game before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By far the most awkward and raw player I’ve seen in a Spurs uni. That’s saying a lot considering we’ve had guys like Mengke Bateer, Uwe Blab & Dwayne Schintzius. Honestly, sometimes he looks like he’s never played the game before.
    I think the worst part of it is his body language. He looks like the type who blames others aka Pop for his lack of minutes instead of actually working harder to improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally feels like there are some things to be genuinely happy about. Only took 4 games.
    Hope Murray, White and Walker get to play together at some point. Poetl is great with the 2nd unit.
    Might be close to the end of the #Metu movement.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Heh. Yeah Murray. Walker hit 1 of 2, but I'm not sold on him doing that yet. I'm cautiously optimistic about Murray, though. Two each in 20 minutes of play is still a little light. The one thing I was hoping to see while it's still "just preseason" is those three youngs letting them fly.

Forbes still coughed it up 3 times in 22 minutes. That's not going to cut it. I think his D improved toward the end of last season. If he can keep knocking down 3's and defend, it will be enough - as long as he's not giving back everything good he does by turning the ball over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally feels like there are some things to be genuinely happy about. Only took 4 games.
    Hope Murray, White and Walker get to play together at some point. Poetl is great with the 2nd unit.
    Might be close to the end of the #Metu movement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -IB looks like the real deal
    -Pop playing Belli over Lonnie is criminal
    -DeRozan can GTFO
    Agreed

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Harden takes him to school”

God that commentator needed to stfu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much,much better shot selection than previous games,playing to our strengths,better picks and better ball movement.Good stuff.

Defensively you can't really draw conclusions because of the moronic Houston offense (26 3s already) but at least personal defense looks more focused.

Regarding Houston,if Westbrook keeps shooting like last year from 3 their ceiling lowers considerably.

And DJ Murray,i just hope he stays healthy for his career,he is destined to be the best defensive guard in the League.

(See,i managed to go through an entire post without saying even a word on how better we look without DeMar!)
    (Ah ....)
    Definitely look better without DeMar. Spurs need to trade him.

Thread Information