Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i dont think people fully realize

omg its free as long as i get on a contract (which consists of you paying for the phone in monthly payments during the course of the contract), i just have to pay the tax on it!

I tried having this conversation with some people at work and they just didn't give a . "It's included in the mobile phone plan." No... your bill would be 35-40 dollars less if you stopped financing phones through Verizon or whatever.

Then I came across some people in their mid-twenties who are still on their parent's phone plan... so they really didn't give a . I got pissed at that point and had to stop talking about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried having this conversation with some people at work and they just didn't give a . "It's included in the mobile phone plan." No... your bill would be 35-40 dollars less if you stopped financing phones through Verizon or whatever.

Then I came across some people in their mid-twenties who are still on their parent's phone plan... so they really didn't give a . I got pissed at that point and had to stop talking about it.
    yeah, the kid walks into the store, gets the phone "free" but pays the sales tax... parents pick up the bill for next 2 years

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I switched companies a few months back and no longer got a company issued iPhone XR (which was going for $700 for 128GB). Bought an unlocked Oneplus 7 with 256GB of space for $480 (reimbursed for $200 of it). has Android 10 and is lightning fast...I'm good until 2022.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I switched companies a few months back and no longer got a company issued iPhone XR (which was going for $700 for 128GB). Bought an unlocked Oneplus 7 with 256GB of space for $480 (reimbursed for $200 of it). has Android 10 and is lightning fast...I'm good until 2022.
    Why not until 2023?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not until 2023?
    yo, have you seen the new price hikes?

cheapest no phone service with 5gb of data is now 60$

Just two years ago it was 35.

bonkers man. i might try out the new providers.
    ing bell, rogers, telus monopolizing the industry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yo, have you seen the new price hikes?

cheapest no phone service with 5gb of data is now 60$

Just two years ago it was 35.

bonkers man. i might try out the new providers.
    ing bell, rogers, telus monopolizing the industry
    Im currently on a contract but after that, no more contracts, I’ll but phone outright, the plans on 2 year agreements are steep.

Robellus, the CRTC, etc

People can say what they want on iPhones, but they have longevity, better update/support than Android and have better resale value

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im currently on a contract but after that, no more contracts, I’ll but phone outright, the plans on 2 year agreements are steep.

Robellus, the CRTC, etc

People can say what they want on iPhones, but they have longevity, better update/support than Android and have better resale value
    one advantage with iphones tbh.

Only other phone i know that retain value os note series

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People make fun of cricket but you can’t beat 4 lines, unlimited data for $100, using ATT towers. And $100 is straight up $100, taxes included and no hidden fees.

I had it for 4+ years and have only had 1 time where the service was out for about 6 hrs a couple years back. Other than that, the service has been really solid.

I made fun of my sister for having it, but she insisted I give it a try. When my contract was up, I did and never looked back. I use my iphone 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one advantage with iphones tbh.

Only other phone i know that retain value os note series
    Yes but still bot as much as iPhones

Off topic, u’re gonna vote on Monday?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes but still bot as much as iPhones

Off topic, u’re gonna vote on Monday?
    no..I got a few things i need to do that day.

i dont really care much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no..I got a few things i need to do that day.

i dont really care much.
    You’re not a true Canadian !!!!!!!!

/s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People make fun of cricket but you can’t beat 4 lines, unlimited data for $100, using ATT towers. And $100 is straight up $100, taxes included and no hidden fees.

I had it for 4+ years and have only had 1 time where the service was out for about 6 hrs a couple years back. Other than that, the service has been really solid.

I made fun of my sister for having it, but she insisted I give it a try. When my contract was up, I did and never looked back. I use my iphone 7.
    Crickets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My S9 is superior because it's free.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    iPhone >

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My S9 is superior because it's free.
    cant argue against a free flagship phone

Yup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lefty

They just changed the pricing here.

The cheapest phone plan with Bell and Roger is 90 dollars ( Low tier phones).

Bell and Rogers now charge 55 dollars minimum for service with 5gb.

Just two years ago that 90 plan was 40 and the now 115 plan was 60.

What the is crtc doing?

Canada must be one of the 5 most expensive countries in the world to have phone service if not the most expensive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lefty

What the is crtc doing?

Canada must be one of the 5 most expensive countries in the world to have phone service if not the most expensive
    ask trudeau to suck bell & rogers in blackface and maybe them prices will come back down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lefty

What the is crtc doing?

CRTC .....

One of my buddies has an insane plan with his provider in France (named « Free ») I can’t believe the great pricing tbh

I’m on my last contract tbh, those contract plans are terrible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Caring about what smartphone you have. It'd be like caring about what cordless landline phone you had in the 90s. But I guess certain dumbasses (i.e. teenagers) need to discard their current phone that works perfectly fine to get the latest thing that has 3 cameras.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Caring about what smartphone you have. It'd be like caring about what cordless landline phone you had in the 90s. But I guess certain dumbasses (i.e. teenagers) need to discard their current phone that works perfectly fine to get the latest thing that has 3 cameras.
    It's not even just the teenagers, look at all modern smartphone reviews. They literally spend 75% of the time looking a sample photo comparison, just for most people to compress and post them on social media or MMS/iMessage/Whatsapp .

Never got the obsession with smartphone camera pixel wars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not even just the teenagers, look at all modern smartphone reviews. They literally spend 75% of the time looking a sample photo comparison, just for most people to compress and post them on social media or MMS/iMessage/Whatsapp .

Never got the obsession with smartphone camera pixel wars.
    Compression is much worse on Android compared to iOS tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people who finance phones are ing re ed. every couple years i buy an unlocked phone on amazon and stick my SD card in it. i guarantee the re ed 16 year old kids and their 40 year old parents dont even utilize 95% of the the phones can actually do nowadays. if all youre going to do is be a got on snapchat and show your s on reddit, the do you need some high tech phone for?
    I go through ebay>paypal.

Right now there's a Galaxy S10 + for $512 brand new, and you can get 6 months no interest from Paypal, AND you get to keep the phone. Best way to do things.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole "why do you need a new phone?" line of reasoning is pretty stupid to have in this country. Why do we need any of the things we overspend on? Debt and fiscal irresponsibility is as American as living vicariously through social media.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no point tbh

You have legions of dumb ers spending over one thousand dollars on a phone to do basic you could do on a phone that costs 350.

I still use galaxy s8, no issues. I give apple people an equally re ed look when they look confused why I don't have an apple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't bought a phone in 20 years. I upgrade every other year though. Still refuse to use anything from Apple. Using S9 atm. As long as I can use Skype meeting and Webex, I am good. Phone, camera, email/calendar, text.. that's about all I use on the phone.

Thread Information