Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    absolutely worse. I cringed when I saw all those people at his ass clothing line release

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its one preseason game. Any time you can "add" a 20 6 and 6 player to that win last night and figure out how it fits, it makes you better. The ceiling for this team is simply higher if you can make the fit work. Leave it to the GOAT coach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. He spaces the floor with his drive n kick abilities

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should've been a poll with a 100% voting worse. Let him walk and sign Jaylen Brown. The Raptors have plenty of cap space next offseason and will offer DeRozan the max
    What's not to like about a No 3 and No D wing in 2019?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has the talent of a 2nd or 3rd option but his style of play requires that he be the first option. Much like Carmelo he has to have the ball in his and hands and go iso in order to score. That just won’t cut it. Since he isn’t willing to change his style and become a role player, he actually makes the team worse and places a hard cap on how well this team can do.

trade him now for a great player that fills a team need. Don’t keep him and let his contract expire. To me, aside from giving him an extension...that is the worst thing the front office could do. A big time free agent won’t sign with the spurs....the only way to get them is through a trade. We’ll just end up overpaying for whatever role players are left after all the big fish are gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately for the Spurs Demar is at his best when he is a point forward similar to Lebron. Too bad Spurs have tons of pgs and not enough dead eye 3 pt shooters Demar needs. Demar does have other abilities that can make this team better but it will involve a lot of hustling and sacrificed stats for Demar. Hopefully he is willing to do it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has the talent of a 2nd or 3rd option but his style of play requires that he be the first option. Much like Carmelo he has to have the ball in his and hands and go iso in order to score. That just won’t cut it. Since he isn’t willing to change his style and become a role player, he actually makes the team worse and places a hard cap on how well this team can do.

trade him now for a great player that fills a team need. Don’t keep him and let his contract expire. To me, aside from giving him an extension...that is the worst thing the front office could do. A big time free agent won’t sign with the spurs....the only way to get them is through a trade. We’ll just end up overpaying for whatever role players are left after all the big fish are gone.
    Not going to get a great player who fills a need in a trade for DeRozan. I'd be happy with a role player who could shoot and not be awful defensively in exchange without being on a horrendous long contract (so no Kevin Love), but that's probably asking a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not going to get a great player who fills a need in a trade for DeRozan. I'd be happy with a role player who could shoot and not be awful defensively in exchange without being on a horrendous long contract (so no Kevin Love), but that's probably asking a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should've been a poll with a 100% voting worse. Let him walk and sign Jaylen Brown. The Raptors have plenty of cap space next offseason and will offer DeRozan the max
    Jaylen Brown is a pipe dream. Boston is struggling to contend, in spite of pulling off one of the greatest NBA heists in history by fleecing the Nets. They signed a player who immediately got seriously injured, and already lost one player that they dumped multiple first rounders to obtain, for NOTHING. Jaylen will be restricted, and they will NOT let another piece of that trade walk for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe give him a chance after one full year with the team to see what he brings to the table. This isn't 2K age-wise he is still in his prime. Just turned 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can he make a 3 efficiently? If not, no reason to extend him.

Poop with his stupid mouth and at ude already cost us the 3rd best player in the history of the Spurs.

Tank really is the decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just glad he worked on his 3 point shot this off season.

Him and LMA set prime examples, including effort. Below leader Patty of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only Detroit were dumb enough to trade us Blake straight up for DeMar tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only Detroit were dumb enough to trade us Blake straight up for DeMar tbh.
    PATFO would have to be willing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I noticed last year White came out of his s when Derozz was hurt and started to ball. I am with the above Poster let see how one full year under his belt has helped him be the player we want him to be. If he is still playing like last year I am good at moving him for a targeted player or draft picks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting for the 21st deadline to pass. I believe another year of seeing DeRozan and the growth of Murray, White and Walker will change PAFTO’s mind on resigning him to a big extension.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should be targeting players like Hayward and Gallinari, who can assist with this delicate balance between trying to win while re-building and trying to put the three young guards in position to succeed while making sure they're still insulated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unpopular opinion here.

I have to disagree with most of you. I think DeRozan still makes the Spurs better.

He's undeniably the best offense generator in the team and the last season our offense depended absolutely on him. Aldridge could have that role but he's unable of generating advantages for team on a regular basis, game to game, as he relies too much on his jumper and not enough on attacking the rim.
    White makes good plays for the team mainly running the p&r but he still can't do it against starting units. Murray looks better running the offense but still is unproven during a representative stretch of time. I'm eager to watch them progress as Spurs, I really like them both. Lonnie Walker looks great as well. All them 3 will be starting caliber players in the worst case scenario, who knows what level of s om they'll reach in the best case scenario. They are playing their 2nd-3rd season, it's not their moment yet,d and they can benefit from playing next to DeRozan.

I would wait until the AllStar break to make a decission about DeRozan's next contract offer. Spurs are in a good position, with several high potential guards developing in comfortable positions into the roster, in a perfect balance between responsibility, opportunities and pressure.

DeRozan takes the leadership weight over his shoulders in a team with around 45W and playoff expectations in 18-19' Western Conference. He takes the blame when things aren't goind well, he doesn't look for excuses and plays for the team. He is under the spotlight and protects our young guys until they're ready to lead the team next season or the season after. In the meantime, they progress in a winning environment next to, yeah, second tier team leaders (historically speaking) like DeRozan, Aldridge or Gay but good pros and leaders enough to act as useful mentors.

DeRozan won't lead the team to the ring but he has a key role in our team progression and transition to the next group with real championship chances. This season, somebody has to take the shots in the clutch time and take the shots from the press and the forums when the games are lost. Imagine a DeRozanless Spurs, half of the forum would be hating Murray/ White and the other half asking for Aldridge, Gay and Mills to be traded .There is a reason for the Spurs to keep being the Spurs and keep winning despite the ups & downs.

DeRozan has been playing next to Aldridge+Poetl with the solely help of Forbes as a shooter. That has been probably the real reason for the spacing problem in the starting unit. Pop decided to play two bigs in order to at least guarantee one of them would protect the rim and secure the rebound. DeMarr had to find spaces for dribbling and scoring/assisting surrounded by Jakob and Aldridge. Maybe Murray's contribution in defense and rebound allows Pop to introduce Gay/Liles into the starting five, balancing the second unit with Poetl and, by the way, providing White a p&r partner. Last season, DeRozan + screener + shooters (Bertans, Mills, Forbes, Belinelli) units produced great offense, they lacked defense though. Hopefully Popovich can put toghether two balanced units, distributing equally defensive and offensive players.

I want to wacth this new roster play at least 20 games and see how things go before throwing away DeMar DeRozan. He's a solid professional, an elite offensive generator and he's starting his second season in San Antonio. He still has enough credit to me.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I think he has value, and in the right role for the right price he could be an excellent player in the Spurs system. the problem is, for 30+ million and a role as the primary or #2 scorer, he definitely makes us worse. he just isnt that guy imo. thats why i think Spurs and LA should seriously discuss a trade as i think it could benefit both teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unpopular opinion here.

I have to disagree with most of you. I think DeRozan still makes the Spurs better.

He's undeniably the best offense generator in the team and the last season our offense depended absolutely on him. Aldridge could have that role but he's unable of generating advantages for team on a regular basis, game to game, as he relies too much on his jumper and not enough on attacking the rim.
    White makes good plays for the team mainly running the p&r but he still can't do it against starting units. Murray looks better running the offense but still is unproven during a representative stretch of time. I'm eager to watch them progress as Spurs, I really like them both. Lonnie Walker looks great as well. All them 3 will be starting caliber players in the worst case scenario, who knows what level of s om they'll reach in the best case scenario. They are playing their 2nd-3rd season, it's not their moment yet,d and they can benefit from playing next to DeRozan.

I would wait until the AllStar break to make a decission about DeRozan's next contract offer. Spurs are in a good position, with several high potential guards developing in comfortable positions into the roster, in a perfect balance between responsibility, opportunities and pressure.

DeRozan takes the leadership weight over his shoulders in a team with around 45W and playoff expectations in 18-19' Western Conference. He takes the blame when things aren't goind well, he doesn't look for excuses and plays for the team. He is under the spotlight and protects our young guys until they're ready to lead the team next season or the season after. In the meantime, they progress in a winning environment next to, yeah, second tier team leaders (historically speaking) like DeRozan, Aldridge or Gay but good pros and leaders enough to act as useful mentors.

DeRozan won't lead the team to the ring but he has a key role in our team progression and transition to the next group with real championship chances. This season, somebody has to take the shots in the clutch time and take the shots from the press and the forums when the games are lost. Imagine a DeRozanless Spurs, half of the forum would be hating Murray/ White and the other half asking for Aldridge, Gay and Mills to be traded .There is a reason for the Spurs to keep being the Spurs and keep winning despite the ups & downs.

DeRozan has been playing next to Aldridge+Poetl with the solely help of Forbes as a shooter. That has been probably the real reason for the spacing problem in the starting unit. Pop decided to play two bigs in order to at least guarantee one of them would protect the rim and secure the rebound. DeMarr had to find spaces for dribbling and scoring/assisting surrounded by Jakob and Aldridge. Maybe Murray's contribution in defense and rebound allows Pop to introduce Gay/Liles into the starting five, balancing the second unit with Poetl and, by the way, providing White a p&r partner. Last season, DeRozan + screener + shooters (Bertans, Mills, Forbes, Belinelli) units produced great offense, they lacked defense though. Hopefully Popovich can put toghether two balanced units, distributing equally defensive and offensive players.

I want to wacth this new roster play at least 20 games and see how things go before throwing away DeMar DeRozan. He's a solid professional, an elite offensive generator and he's starting his second season in San Antonio. He still has enough credit to me.
    This was a great post and while I disagree I thank you for your reasoning and explanation. You may very well be right and the likely reason he and Spurs stand pat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does terrorism make the world better or worse? that is the question
    One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter tbh. Is DDR our terrorist or freedom fighter, though? I think he’s the former tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If cancer were a person, he would be it tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If cancer were a person, he would be it tbh.
    You are right. DDR I think is not a bad person. He just does not play winning ball. Has to have the ball to be effective. Does NOTHING when he does not have the ball except maybe hold his hand in the air. Makes bad decisions at crunch time. Folds under pressure and plays no defense.
    But he looks good shaking and baking his way to the hole only to get his stuffed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn’t make them better or worse, which is the worst case scenario because that means he’s hard to get rid of.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade DeRozan for buddy hield!

Thread Information