Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see a world where the Celtics struggle out the gate and feel forced to shake things up to compete with Philly and Bucks. Jaylen drama, another Hayward injury, pressure on the coach, etc. The spurs will have their own pressures— future of their “stars” and glut of small guards.

In that world why not a deal structured around DDR + White + asset(s) for Hayward + Brown?

White feels like the odd man out; one year of Hayward (yes at more $$), but not impacting future space too much. Future upside for Cs too.
    I wouldn't do that deal, DeRozan is better than Hayward, especially if he shoots the 3 well. Also the Spurs need to keep their rookie contracts just to keep the salary cap balanced. I wouldn't move White at all. I don't even think I would trade Samanic for Sabonis. More than a PG the Celtics need a Center, so I'd involve Poeltl in something. Other than that I'd say wait til the offseason and see where you want to go with it. There's also the possibility of getting Brown while keeping DeRozan. Spurs got options

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its obvious that kevin is better than ddr, but hes overpaid, old and signing him we aint change our future. PATFO should seek a trade that include some picks or young players or just let ddr go and sign a FA. Jaylen brown or hield would be a perfect fit. If it happens i could forget about all these ty moves that patfo did.
    Love isn’t better at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't do that deal, DeRozan is better than Hayward, especially if he shoots the 3 well. Also the Spurs need to keep their rookie contracts just to keep the salary cap balanced. I wouldn't move White at all. I don't even think I would trade Samanic for Sabonis. More than a PG the Celtics need a Center, so I'd involve Poeltl in something. Other than that I'd say wait til the offseason and see where you want to go with it. There's also the possibility of getting Brown while keeping DeRozan. Spurs got options
    To be clear I don’t want Hayward either, the prize would be Brown. Cs would likely want Spurs to eat what has really turned out to be one of the worst deals in the league. At least you know what you get from DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love isn’t better at all.
    He can space the floors, rebound, and has a pretty good passing game. better than psycho demar

Thread Information