Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really feel like pop singles out a few things for players to focus on in these preseason games.

DJM - Go out there and prove you can be the leader of this team.
    Lyles - We know you like to score or at least attempt to score but i want you to defer in this game and focus on defense.
    White - You have the keys to the second unit. You will be the closer, show me you deserve the Manu role.
    Aldrige - Do your thing, you are proven.
    DDR - Sit here so we can gauge how much your worth by playing the game without you and seeing how we do.
    Mills - You are going to be a teacher now, go teach them youngins.
    Carroll - Get acclimated to this team you are a vet. Find your place.
    Rudy - Sit here while we gauge the new additions that back up your role.
    Walker - Show us your improved defense and just be aggressive BUT DON'T FOUL HARDEN. This is your ultimate defensive test!

If that was the goal than i think last night was a huge success on all fronts tbh.
    Last edited by SpurSpike; 10-17-2019 at 04:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We traded Bertans for scrubs like Carroll and Lyles??????

2 points for 40 minutes of play???????!!!
    Don't be disingenuous. They traded him to fit in Marcus Morris and he bounced without a kiss goodbye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really feel like pop singles out a few things for players to focus on in these preseason games.

Lyles - We know you like to score or at least attempt to score but i want you to defer in this game and focus on defense.
    White - You have the keys to the second unit. You will be the closer, show me you deserve the Manu role.
    DDR - Sit here so we can gauge how much your worth by playing the game without you and seeing how we do.
    Walker - Show us your improved defense and just be aggressive BUT DON'T FOUL HARDEN. This is your ultimate defensive test!

If that was the goal than i think last night was a huge success on all fronts tbh.
    You have lots of feelings.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly ... if Demar could just play man2man defense like Walker
    Never going to happen. I would much rather have the defensive impact that Walker provides on the floor than the empty stats DeMar puts up on the offensive end along with his nonexistent defense

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW - does any other team in the league have someone doing grades after every game like this? I went looking for info on another game a couple of days ago, and it really hit home just how nice it is to be able to come read these writeups. Thanks to TIMVP - can't say it often enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone getting their hopes up about them seeing the light on trading DeRozan, 1 big lineups or Walker being in the rotation, prepare to be disappointed.

They only started that way to match-up with the Rockets and Walker only played because DeRozan didn't.

It'll be back to the usual next game . . . but don't worry, the genius and his magical system will supersede the inherent structural issues.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW - does any other team in the league have someone doing grades after every game like this? I went looking for info on another game a couple of days ago, and it really hit home just how nice it is to be able to come read these writeups. Thanks to TIMVP - can't say it often enough.
    Every team does. There's tatumvp over at Celtics talk, siakamvp at Raptors talk and mccollumvp at Blazers talk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've always figured that in the preseason, the players work on the part of their game that they are weakest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never going to happen. I would much rather have the defensive impact that Walker provides on the floor than the empty stats DeMar puts up on the offensive end along with his nonexistent defense
    totally agree ... I am at the point where I want to ship Demars ass out of SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We traded Bertans for scrubs like Carroll and Lyles??????

2 points for 40 minutes of play???????!!!
    No. We traded Bertans for Marcus Morris, and ended up Lyles when Morris decided to be a little .

Carroll was coming as an FA either way.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice write up. A little dissapointing guys like metu and Walker are not either getting more time and/or show improvement from the off sesson.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice write up. A little dissapointing guys like metu and Walker are not either getting more time and/or show improvement from the off sesson.

Thread Information