Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boutons "debt doesn't matter"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Debts that can't be paid won't be. If bad debt isn't written off, it consumes an ever larger part of the social product and eventually wrecks society.

https://michael-hudson.com/2018/08/a...m-their-debts/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boutons "debt doesn't matter"
    not my quote, that's me quoting Repugs, eg head Cheney, when Repugs are running up the debt.

"deficit matter" only when Dems are in power, ask Simpson-Bowles

"births (legal and otherwise)" what is an "otherwise" birth, what's the point of mentioning it?

As Capitalists degrade the USA of non-Capitalists, non-Capitalists are bled dry with rents, 1000s of arbitrary fees, frozen incomes, all "for profit" of the Capitalists, so that super expensive children are not conceived.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the outstanding modern example of jubilee is debt forgiveness under the Marshall Plan. There would have been no economic miracle for Europe in general and Germany in particular without it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the outstanding modern example of jubilee is debt forgiveness under the Marshall Plan. There would have been no economic miracle for Europe in general and Germany in particular without it.
    The Marshall Plan was not charity or altruism or sympathy. It was business plan for American companies.

The Marshall Plan gave money to Europeans so they could buy American exports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with your example is that the Marshall Plan was a government to government transfer. In the case of "debt forgiveness" for the US government it is stealing from private en ies and other governments that have purchased the debt and/or stealing from it's own social security "lockbox".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "While the deficits and resulting debt are typically presented as a generational burden,

the opposite is often the case.

How have we made our children better off if we put their parents out of work?

There is also the issue that larger deficits can be used to support investments,

such as education and child care, infrastructure, and research and development into clean energy and other areas.

We hand down a whole economy and society, as well as the natural environment, to future generations.

If we want to talk about generational equity, we have to look at that full picture, because the national debt tells us basically nothing.

Another amazing failure of budget reporting is that it never talks about the effective debt the government creates by issuing patent and copyright monopolies. "

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/611412/ai-could-wreak-economic-havoc-we-need-more-of-it/

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lending money that doesn't exist is the biggest scam in the history of mankind (Rothschilds)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "While the deficits and resulting debt are typically presented as a generational burden,

the opposite is often the case.

How have we made our children better off if we put their parents out of work?

There is also the issue that larger deficits can be used to support investments,

such as education and child care, infrastructure, and research and development into clean energy and other areas.

We hand down a whole economy and society, as well as the natural environment, to future generations.

If we want to talk about generational equity, we have to look at that full picture, because the national debt tells us basically nothing.

Another amazing failure of budget reporting is that it never talks about the effective debt the government creates by issuing patent and copyright monopolies. "

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/611412/ai-could-wreak-economic-havoc-we-need-more-of-it/

Boutons saying debt doesn't matter.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If you willingly use the pen name “Tyler Durden” then I have no interest in what you’re saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be best if trump said if you want USA military presence in your country the debt USA owes your country wipe out!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The crackdown on immigration, both legal and illegal, actually puts more pressure in this. It’s the only other source of taxpayers outside of births.

But, we also had this discussion many times before: deficit spending makes a lot of sense to prop up a deflating economy. The second part of Keynes is to reap the benefits of the economic boost by reducing the deficit when the economy is booming. Yet, here we go with more deficit spending in the form of tax cuts (again), when the economy finally recovered. Besides of the imbalance in births vs debt (which we knew existed for a while now), there are political reasons we exacerbate this problem.

All that said, there doesn’t seem to be signs of inflation in general, and the main reason for this has to do with the fact that the value of the dollar has remained strong. (Don’t forget this value is dependent vis a vis other currencies). But sure, if this trend continues to grow, the inflationary pressure of emission to cover debt interests will be something to watch out for.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you willingly use the pen name “Tyler Durden” then I have no interest in what you’re saying.
    Right? It's been 20 years and no one using that name understood the movie anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iden y politics 101

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lending money that doesn't exist is the biggest scam in the history of mankind (Rothschilds)
    That and funding both sides of every major war since The French Revolution.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Marshall Plan was not charity or altruism or sympathy. It was business plan for American companies.

The Marshall Plan gave money to Europeans so they could buy American exports.
    Once in a great while you actually say something smart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with your example is that the Marshall Plan was a government to government transfer. In the case of "debt forgiveness" for the US government it is stealing from private en ies and other governments that have purchased the debt and/or stealing from it's own social security "lockbox".
    Fine, let debt wreck society.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine, let debt wreck society.

Thread Information