Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They said it's a ceasefire. People here said it's not and used a quote of someone saying it's not to support their claim, but that same quote gave the very definition of a cease fire.

The rest has been this back and forth of people saying it's not a cease fire when the news media and those in the region keep calling it that, and the "violating" part, what are they violating if not a cease fire?

This is the part of my reply where I berate you for being a bag. make something up.
    We've been over the actual joint agreement which said nothing of ceasefire and the comments of the Turkish foreign minister sayings its not. That is straight from the horse's mouth as opposed to your quotations of journalists. Critical thinking is hard. Of course the offensive is ongoing.

I get that you don't like me and of course you will call me a bag but your obfuscation and trying to play both sides epitomizes a nihilistic dimwit.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US Gov Touts Temporary Ceasefire As Win, Even As Erdogan Says It's Not A Ceasefire & Plans To Attack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cease·fire

/ˈsēsˌfī(ə)r/

noun

a temporary suspension of fighting, typically one during which peace talks take place.
    We've been over the actual joint agreement which said nothing of ceasefire and the comments of the Turkish foreign minister sayings its not. That is straight from the horse's mouth as opposed to your quotations of journalists. Critical thinking is hard. Of course the offensive is ongoing.

I get that you don't like me and of course you will call me a bag but your obfuscation and trying to play both sides epitomizes a nihilistic dimwit.
    You are so far up your own ass you cannot see daylight.

Here, idiot:

Cavusoglu Press Conference:

We got what we wanted.

There was an agreement that the Turkish Armed Forces will control this area.

The YPG's heavy weapons will be collected.

We will put Operation Peace Spring on hold for 120hrs so the YPG can vacate. (this is a ceasefire.. cease·fire

/ˈsēsˌfī(ə)r/

noun

a temporary suspension of fighting, typically one during which peace talks take place.)

This is not a ceasefire (contradicts the preceding statement)

Go ahead and disregard this fact, that the same guy says "on hold for 120 hours" who then says "it's not a ceasefire" while the very definition of cease fire is "temporary suspension of fighting".

The got in Turkey has zero idea what "temporary" means obviously, and some of you think his mouth is a dictionary because it opens and shuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are so far up your own ass you cannot see daylight.

Here, idiot:

Cavusoglu Press Conference:

We got what we wanted.

There was an agreement that the Turkish Armed Forces will control this area.

The YPG's heavy weapons will be collected.

We will put Operation Peace Spring on hold for 120hrs so the YPG can vacate. (this is a ceasefire.. cease·fire

/ˈsēsˌfī(ə)r/

noun

a temporary suspension of fighting, typically one during which peace talks take place.)

This is not a ceasefire (contradicts the preceding statement)

Go ahead and disregard this fact, that the same guy says "on hold for 120 hours" who then says "it's not a ceasefire" while the very definition of cease fire is "temporary suspension of fighting".

The got in Turkey has zero idea what "temporary" means obviously, and some of you think his mouth is a dictionary because it opens and shuts.
    "This is not a ceasefire," Cavusoglu said during a televised news conference today.

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-...f6722f67fde531

Operation whatever is not the totality of their action and they unequivocally state its not a ceasefire.

How's my taste?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "This is not a ceasefire," Cavusoglu said during a televised news conference today.

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-...f6722f67fde531

Operation whatever is not the totality of their action and they unequivocally state its not a ceasefire.

How's my taste?
    Halting operations temporarily is a ceasefire. It doesn't matter if he says it's not.

Kurds and Turkey Accuse Each Other of Cease-Fire Violations

https://www.wsj.com/articles/kurds-s...re-11571488971

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Halting operations temporarily is a ceasefire. It doesn't matter if he says it's not.
    where is the plural operations coming from? you suck at grammar/reading too.

the agreement speaks to what counterterrorism is still allowed. They consider the kurds a terrorist group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where is the plural operations coming from? you suck at grammar/reading too.

the agreement speaks to what counterterrorism is still allowed. They consider the kurds a terrorist group.

Kurds and Turkey Accuse Each Other of Cease-Fire Violations

https://www.wsj.com/articles/kurds-s...re-11571488971

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You quote them saying they were suspending Operation Spring whatever. That was one operation not plural. You ignored the rest of it. and quoting headlines that are written by reporters from articles behind a paywall doesn't posit anything. it just shows you are lazy and flailing.

Again, I have a direct quote from the Turkish Foreign Minister saying it's not a ceasefire.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US has backed 21 of the 28 ‘crazy’ militias leading Turkey’s brutal invasion of northern Syria
    https://thegrayzone.com/2019/10/16/u...nvasion-syria/

The “sickening horror” this collection of extremists is carrying out against Kurds is, in fact, the same one it imposed on Syrians across the country for the past seven years. Before, when their goal was regime change in Damascus, they had the blessing and wholehearted support of official Washington. But now that they are slaughtering members of a much more loyal US proxy force, their former patrons and enablers are rushing to denounce them as “bandits and pirates.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

looks like someone turned off a spigot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You quote them saying they were suspending Operation Spring whatever. That was one operation not plural. You ignored the rest of it. and quoting headlines that are written by reporters from articles behind a paywall doesn't posit anything. it just shows you are lazy and flailing.

Again, I have a direct quote from the Turkish Foreign Minister saying it's not a ceasefire.
    So the WSJ is less credible than you? Fuzzy logic

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turkey has always had a desire for a nuke.
    But now Erdogan says so. Feeling mighty right now he is.
    Wonder what’s got him feeling pretty powerful at the moment?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/20/w...ons-trump.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the WSJ is less credible than you? Fuzzy logic
    No, the WSJ headline beyond a paywall is less credible than the Turkey Foreign Minister and the Joint Agreement itself. Get over me, it's the word of a journalist as opposed to a direct participant or source.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

Locals in Qamishli, Syria are throwing tomatoes to US forces who are withdrawing from the Kurdish majority city
    “ America, what happened to you?” one of the protestors shout at the US troops in Qamishli in the footage

and stones...

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/statu...07917294395397
    Last edited by turkish spurs fan; 10-21-2019 at 08:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magpie Chris, repeating Trump's lies.

Contradicting the president, however, both Esper and Kurdish officials said that no such move had taken place and that while discussions over how the US could deploy were underway, no agreement had been reached.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...sagree-2019-10

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wait, now we're staying in Syria?

For oil?

Trumpistas

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, now we're staying in Syria?

For oil?

Trumpistas
    For Consistency vote red in 2020.
    Lets keep em guessing foreign policy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kurdish villagers throwing potatoes at usa troops retreating from a fight- abandoning the people who actually killed most of ISIS for us

winning!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any veteran that supports trump - you are a disgrace and you wasted your service

why go serve and risk your life only to turn your back on your country the moment a russian con man appears waving a flag asking you to believe his russian propaganda?

why pretend you served and honored the cons ution

only to come home and betray your oath and cheer for a traitor?

you are complicit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well everyone should go enlist and insist that they go over there. Or you can just go over there with gots Without Borders I believe they would accept you.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well everyone should go enlist and insist that they go over there. Or you can just go over there with gots Without Borders I believe they would accept you.

sounds like you must be affiliated-

are you actually vouching for membership

sure sounds like it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds like you must be affiliated-

are you actually vouching for membership

sure sounds like it!
    No I served my country already. Chop chop

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I served my country already. Chop chop

one never stops serving their country

the threat exists and you are complicit by defending those who are actively trying to subvert our rule of law and our cons ution

since you claim to have served

your defense of trump sickens me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one never stops serving their country

the threat exists and you are complicit by defending those who are actively trying to subvert our rule of law and our cons ution

since you claim to have served

your defense of trump sickens me
    You should light yourself on fire in front of the embassy. If you don't do that you're a coward.

Thread Information