Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's simple.

The GOP establishment and moderate non-QAnon republicans, which ARE the majority of Republican voters, need to galvanize behind 1 candidate. I don't care who it is, but it can't be a cluster like 2016 where you have multiple strong-ish candidates splitting up delegates and all the rest go to the QAnon-minority preferred candidate (Trump).

Go DeSantis, but I'll gladly vote for someone else. I don't think it'll be Pence; too old, too low energy. I think Youngkin and Zeldin are solid candidate.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's simple.

The GOP establishment and moderate non-QAnon republicans, which ARE the majority of Republican voters, need to galvanize behind 1 candidate. I don't care who it is, but it can't be a cluster like 2016 where you have multiple strong-ish candidates splitting up delegates and all the rest go to the QAnon-minority preferred candidate (Trump).

Go DeSantis, but I'll gladly vote for someone else. I don't think it'll be Pence; too old, too low energy. I think Youngkin and Zeldin are solid candidate.
    A good start would be for more Republican voters to stop being so limp- ed about vocalizing any criticism of Daddy Trump, but those gun-totin' redneck MAGA s have you guys scared.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's simple.

I mean you can do that but the MAGA s will just cry conspiracy and you in the general one way or the other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Only way u stopoing Trump is if u lock him up

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just keep trump and support him!

you already bought and paid for him, now live with him…

you already sold out your country, your fellow countrymen/women, the cons ution, the usa,

now you just sit in your own bowl and stfu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A good start would be for more Republican voters to stop being so limp- ed about vocalizing any criticism of Daddy Trump, but those gun-totin' redneck MAGA s have you guys scared.
    And the funny thing is, the vast majority of them are paper tigers and really have minimal or no gun training. Do you really think those fat guys with beards and "Q" / "WWGIWGA" T-shirts and paraphernalia can actually shoot? I don't.

I mean you can do that but the MAGA s will just cry conspiracy and you in the general one way or the other.
    They need to just shut up and go back to 2015. Keep calm and vote for DeSantis, Youngkin, or Zeldin.

. Only way u stopoing Trump is if u lock him up
    Lock him up and have Hillary be his cell mate, and Bill gets Melania. Fair trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of him is going to be easier said than done. I think Trump personally has doomed the party at least for 2024

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of him is going to be easier said than done. I think Trump personally has doomed the party at least for 2024
    The GOP still flips 6-8+ senate seats in 2024 and if Trump loses the presidency narrowly again, the GOP likely has 2-3 flips in 2026 as well in the senate. Provided the candidate quality is far superior to those Trump hand picked in 2022.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GOP still flips 6-8+ senate seats in 2024 and if Trump loses the presidency narrowly again, the GOP likely has 2-3 flips in 2026 as well in the senate. Provided the candidate quality is far superior to those Trump hand picked in 2022.
    Dems control the senate for two more election cycles confirmed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the democrats allstars are Joe and Kagala

Both parties are

Anyone who dissagrees is a lemming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems control the senate for two more election cycles confirmed
    Again, candidate quality matters. We can't run a schmuck like Ryan Zinke (who barely just won MT-01, a GOP but college educated area in the mountains that includes places like Butte/Anaconda and Missoula) against Tester, for example. I think Mooney vs. Manchin is definitely a pick up for the GOP. I think Laxalt is the only re-run candidate you'll see. Laxalt was actually a strong candidate unlike Masters/Oz/Walker/Bolduc, but he just got ed down a little bit too much by Trump but at least Lombardo won governor.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    2 years is a long time from now and Trump has these investigations against him and he is 76 and obese - I don't think he will be the nominee.

If I'm wrong and he is the 2024 nominee, I could totally see the GOP picking up Senate and House seats, but losing the POTUS by 10 points. At this point I don't even think he could defeat Cackling-Kamala.

The best approach for the GOP is to simply ignore attention starved Trump and watch him self destruct (like I do with the trolls in this forum ) Let Trump blow up Truth Social at 2am until he blows a gasket.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Throw him out and he runs 3rd party just to spite the red team.
    You dumb fks seem to think he cares about the US and the Republican party and voted for him twice.
    He cares about himself you assholes...
    Vote for him 3 times like Chris Christian will as a charm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd best be hoping Trump expires and the sooner the better for the GOP and the rest of us to start getting over it, MM. No way would he stand aside for DeSantis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if they throw Trump in the pokey, he'll probably still run for president.

He'd surely crush Eugene Debs who last ran for US president while in prison, in 1920.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 years is a long time from now and Trump has these investigations against him and he is 76 and obese - I don't think he will be the nominee.

If I'm wrong and he is the 2024 nominee, I could totally see the GOP picking up Senate and House seats, but losing the POTUS by 10 points. At this point I don't even think he could defeat Cackling-Kamala.

The best approach for the GOP is to simply ignore attention starved Trump and watch him self destruct (like I do with the trolls in this forum ) Let Trump blow up Truth Social at 2am until he blows a gasket.
    You can't stop him from having his rallies. And like it or not, he'll bring out more people than any other GOP candidate, not to mention he'll probably fundraise better as well, and play gatekeeper to that money.

There's no silver bullet here, IMO

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no silver bullet here, IMO
    Death. Thats basically it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Our best hope is if the candidate dies"

todays american democracy spreaders

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    you're still making predictions

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Senate seats sure, but Trump on the ballot makes tons of GOP house in bents in Biden-won districts/blue shifting suburb districts vulnerable.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    In terms of senate seats, I see 5 Dem senate seats as truly up for grabs in 2024 - WV, OH, MT, NV an AZ.

- Klobuchar isn't losing Minnesota.
    - It's pretty clear that the GOP fever dream of Wisconsin becoming a blood red state didn't happen, so not sure how someone who overperforms as much as Baldwin does loses.
    - There isn't a GOP candidate in PA who'd come close to competing with Bob Casey Jr.
    - Stabenow is a meh in bent but the GOP has hit rock bottom in Michigan. The state will have in person early voting by 2024 which will be a turnout boon for Detroit.
    - If Angus King retires Jared Golden would easily win a senate race in Maine
    - Despite the GOP circle jerk over Youngkin, he barely beat fat Terry McAuliffe in an off cycle, low turnout election. I doubt he'd even run against Kaine but if he did, it wouldn't be compe ive.

As far as the 5 seats the Dems could lose:
    -WV is gone in pretty much any scenario
    -If Trump is on the ballot, it probably makes it easier for Dems to hold NV/AZ but a lot harder for them to hold OH/MT
    -If it's someone other than Trump, that definitely helps Rs a lot in NV/AZ, but it makes it a lot easier for Tester and Brown to get the ticket splitters they need to hold their seat

In any case, I think losing 3 senate seats is the most likely scenario for Dems in 2024.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    It would never happen, but...

Give him the ignore button treatment. Just ignore him. He thrives on attention. Needs it. Loves it. Bathes in it. You tell any potential candidates to simply don’t talk about him publicly, don’t mention his name, don’t respond to his public insults. That will infuriate him and he’ll have several social media meltdowns in the process. Then when the primaries debate season comes, invite him to debate, have all other candidates agree not to respond to him in the debate, let him talk, let him figure out what’s happening, let him get more and more sunburst orange in anger that no one is paying him any mind, and he may just self implode on stage right then and there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senate seats sure, but Trump on the ballot makes tons of GOP house in bents in Biden-won districts/blue shifting suburb districts vulnerable.
    It makes a Schweikert or two vulnerable but also puts seats like MI-07, MI-08 back on the map, two Ohio seats (GOP will re-draw the map but this time no egregious gerrymander, shore up the in bents, i.e in big favor of the new Cincinnati Democrat in OH-01 (they can legally draw it from Cincinnati to Dayton if the rest of those counties are only shared by one district) and shore up Marcy Kaptur in OH-09 by drawing a Toledo-Cuyahoga D+15 type district using Lake Erie as the connector piece for her (as they've done before) but also try to draw out the freshman in OH-13, which the Dems would probably settle for compared to the 2022 map honestly.

I also believe that the two NE PA districts and the one in West PA all flip if Trump is on the ballot. Add 3-4 seats in NC due to re-redistricting. IN-01 with Trump on the ballot has a better chance to flip. Perhaps SCOTUS will force Illinois to draw a cleaner map like the state court did in NY... who knows, 50/50 chance.

With Trump on the ballot, the GOP offsets a few losses in purple seats in blue states with wins in purple seats in Midwest states. I also think there's actually a chance that NY and CA are trending back to 1990s-pre Obama 2000s-normal in the non-hyper urban areas (i.e. NYC and coastal CA). They will still be likely to safe (D) states on a presidential map but the House could keep plenty of Republican support especially down ballot.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Not even reading your predictions anymore because of how comically wrong they are

Thread Information