Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I should know better than to keep believing the hype behind these kind of movies.

It was decent. Well made but pretty predictable and derivative of several other movies.

6.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    That's about the same rating I gave it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I should know better than to keep believing the hype behind these kind of movies.

It was decent. Well made but pretty predictable and derivative of several other movies.

6.5/10
    I mean most films are predictable and derivative of other films. I think it was unique in a lot of ways. And clearly not worried about appealing to people with the absurd in it. Is there that much hype to it in the US? It got good reviews here but wouldn't say there was hype

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I mean most films are predictable and derivative of other films. I think it was unique in a lot of ways. And clearly not worried about appealing to people with the absurd in it. Is there that much hype to it in the US? It got good reviews here but wouldn't say there was hype
    I mean not the hype of an Avengers show but much more than most indy movies. Maybe “buzz” would be a better word.
    Of the few news sources I check out, it got a decent mention in all of them.

I liked it weirdness of it but from pretty early on, I knew how it was going to end generally. Maybe because it was always being compared to Wicker Man in the reviews.

If you like this kind of movie, Apostle on Netflix is pretty good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I mean not the hype of an Avengers show but much more than most indy movies. Maybe “buzz” would be a better word.
    Of the few news sources I check out, it got a decent mention in all of them.

I liked it weirdness of it but from pretty early on, I knew how it was going to end generally. Maybe because it was always being compared to Wicker Man in the reviews.

If you like this kind of movie, Apostle on Netflix is pretty good.
    Agreed, though a lot of people now probably haven't seen the original Wicker Man because its so dated and the remake is laughably bad.

I found the core group interesting enough and the main chick (who, speaking of the Avengers, is going to be the new black widow in the MCU) was really good. Liked the ending though its also weird.

3.5/5

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    These kind of suspect movies I reserve for the found flicks guy on youtube who breaks down these ty horror movies in 10 minutes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I liked it. Had a lot of hidden stuff much like Hereditary.

3.5/5.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In other news there is a good Korean sub le copy of IT: Chapter II available

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In other news there is a good Korean sub le copy of IT: Chapter II available
    Bad news is the movie ing sucks

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don’t know you can say that until you’ve seen the Korean sub led version.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don’t know you can say that until you’ve seen the Korean sub led version.
    fair

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're seriously in the minority on that one boss.. I don't know what the you were expecting from a movie about a 3 lighted force from another galaxy who takes the form of a clown and spider but I haven't heard anybody who is a fan of the 1990 series say they didn't like these movie adaptations. The second one is much better than the first at that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're seriously in the minority on that one boss.. I don't know what the you were expecting from a movie about a 3 lighted force from another galaxy who takes the form of a clown and spider but I haven't heard anybody who is a fan of the 1990 series say they didn't like these movie adaptations. The second one is much better than the first at that.
    The first is far better than the second. I have not heard anyone say they liked the second? I honestly have no idea how anyone can enjoy an almost 3 hour horror film that contained no scares or tension but had annoying comedic relief at the worst times. Not the recipe for even an average horror

Thread Information