My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call your shot. I think Spurs depth and improved defense wins the division this year. Houston will be up and down. Pelicans show up as solid team in playoff hunt. Dallas struggles. Grizz finish last.

1. Spurs
    2. Rockets
    3. Pelicans
    4. Dallas
    5. Grizzlies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call your shot. I think Spurs depth and improved defense wins the division this year. Houston will be up and down. Pelicans show up as solid team in playoff hunt. Dallas struggles. Grizz finish last.

1. Spurs
    2. Rockets
    3. Pelicans
    4. Dallas
    5. Grizzlies
    1. Spurs
    1. Rockets
    1. Mavericks
    4. Pelicans
    5. Grizzlies

Not gonna lie, Mavericks/Spurs/Rockets will again be the death triangle for NBA teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be a crapshoot since the Mavs and Pelicans are vastly improved.

Rockets
    Spurs
    Mavs
    Pels
    Grizz

With the top four within 4 games of each other and each around 48 wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be a crapshoot since the Mavs and Pelicans are vastly improved.

Rockets
    Spurs
    Mavs
    Pels
    Grizz

With the top four within 4 games of each other and each around 48 wins.
    This seems most likely. Pels may be able to leapfrog the Mavs if Zion stays healthy and lives up to the hype, but they are already putting him out a couple weeks due to knee soreness..and that's just after a few preseason games.

Not a good sign for a guy as big as he is who likes to play above the rim.

Rockets are going to feast in the regular season then will flame out in the playoffs per par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Simmons said today on his podcast that the Spurs were worse, and would regress drastically .. His partner laughed and reminded him they're returning the same squad with another year of seasoning plus DJ, and Simmons responds by calling him "Deeyontay" and completely was out of the loop that he's already an All-NBA level defensive talent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Spurs
    1. Rockets
    1. Mavericks
    4. Pelicans
    5. Grizzlies

Not gonna lie, Mavericks/Spurs/Rockets will again be the death triangle for NBA teams.
    Which triangle is worse? Cali or Texas? Imagine if SAC makes the jump and it becomes a square?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Spurs
    2. Mavericks
    3. Rockets
    4. Pelicans
    5. Grizzlies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which triangle is worse? Cali or Texas? Imagine if SAC makes the jump and it becomes a square?
    Didn't even think about that. Sacramento doesn't seem poised for that. Lakers and Clippers are easily the top 2 le favorites imo with me leaning towards the Lakers looking the best but GS doesn't look scary anymore imo. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't even think about that. Sacramento doesn't seem poised for that. Lakers and Clippers are easily the top 2 le favorites imo with me leaning towards the Lakers looking the best but GS doesn't look scary anymore imo. We'll see.
    I'd have to say Cali is has the edge right now just giving the Warriors the benefit of the doubt based on who they are.. Even though SAC isn't a playoff team yet, they're still gonna make you run as will GSW. It's will be interesting to see which trip will be tougher

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd have to say Cali is has the edge right now just giving the Warriors the benefit of the doubt based on who they are.. Even though SAC isn't a playoff team yet, they're still gonna make you run as will GSW. It's will be interesting to see which trip will be tougher
    Won't argue... It would actually be a great achievement to make it into the playoffs this year. West just gets tougher each year and it will be a battle every single round probably. I really hope Pop sets the young ones FREE!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't argue... It would actually be a great achievement to make it into the playoffs this year. West just gets tougher each year and it will be a battle every single round probably. I really hope Pop sets the young ones FREE!
    Well last year in the preseason prior to Murray's injury, Pop said he was going to let them push the pace. Hopefully that's still the plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all the cliff jumping here most think the Spurs will finish in front of the Rockets? Thats not gonna happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs above Rockets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs above Rockets?
    I think it will be a 3 way race between Spurs/Rockets/Mavericks. I'll admit Rockets have the edge but it made me feel better to put the Spurs there. Mavericks actually have good talent and I think Rick Carlisle is an underrated coach still. Ultimately, Harden-only ball + Westbrook is going to be streaky and Spurs should be more consistent in theory despite the ugly preseason so far. It's a toss up...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs above Rockets?
    They got two ball dominating guards. Both over 30 years old and lots of mileage. Neither one is a good defender. I don’t like their bench. Most of the buyouts will go to the LA teams. Pringles on his last year of his contract. I think this is the worst division in the west. I think Spurs win the division with less than 50 wins.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets
    Spurs
    Mavericks
    Pelicans
    Grizzles

Rockets, Spurs, and Mavericks all make the playoffs. Rockets and Spurs win 44-48 games. Pelicans win 30-33 and Grizzles win 20-23.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. (2) Rockets 61-21
    2. (9) Spurs 47-35
    3. (10) Mavericks 41-41
    4. (11) Pelicans 33-49
    5. (14) Grizzlies 15-67

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The history of Russell Westbrook getting 58+ wins in a two-star system is well established. For that reason I could not take the +450 Spurs to win the division. Though I really wanted to, because I think the Spurs will have a pretty good regular season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston is better than last season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston
    Spurs
    Everyone else

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston

Spursies

Mav
    Pel

Grizz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I took some time writing this, sorry for reposting it to whoever reads it again.

Injuries will have a key impact in several teams but let's imagine an ideal world whithout season ending injuries:

Clippers have lost George for some time and nefew will rest some games. A lot of new players in the roster, new leaders... it will take them some months to develope their potential and play at full throttle. Zubac and Harrell may need some help inside. Probably favourite team to win the ring this season but less than 55W in RS.

Denver should win a lot of games in RS. They already did last year with a young group, their leadership is clear, there is young potential to develope, a few veterans and good coaching. Playoffs are another story. Around 55W

Rockets. Westbrook-Harden fit, that's Houston's season. I don't think RW can replace CP3 straightaway, running exactly the same stuff they run with Harden on the floor. This is another team that should need some time to adjust but I think Harden, Gordon, Tucker, Capela and D'Antoni can win games from day 1 until the rest of the teams learn to play together and they integrate Westbrook into his system. Unsure about the end of this story, I give them between 47 and 57W

Lakers are tough to predict. Is James playing defense this year? Answer being NO, they might end their season early again. James taking defense seriously converts the current group of players in a contender team. I have my eyes on the coaching staff. Vogel did a great job with the Pacers but he's facing too many challenges: can he coach Lebron? how many games will lose Davis and how will them affect the team construction? can he manage that locker room, and the LA environment? And finally, he has two coaches next to him, Kidd and Hollins that I'm not sure if he chose and if they will really assist him. The fact is they have a great roster and ver experienced coaching staff. I'm afraid I just can say they'll be in the 45-55W range.

Utah. Will Mike Conley solve Utah offensive problems? He's more talented than Rubio but can he help teammates to play at their best like Ricky did? Snyder and Gaubert guarantee a good defense but Conley and Bogdanovic aditions, and Favors replacement will need some time. They might start slow and progress as the season advances. Around 45W

Spurs. 43-47W

Blazers have lost their entire starting frontcourt. That team will need some adaptation time as well. I respect Lillard, he's a good leader and he'll make that team play together. Stotts will manage to make his team play good basketball again. Around 45W

Warriors have lost too much. It's not only Durant or even Klay Thompson, but that amazing group of secondary players is gone. Their bench and rotations aren't good at all. D Rusell is a great point guard and he will do well under Kerr's coaching and next to the unselfish Steph Curry. It's hard to imagine Draymond Green being the player he has been when he positively knows they have no chance for championship this season. 2019/20 GSW roster is unbalanced and lacks talent (number of players wise) but hey, Steph Curry unchained, DAngelo Russell and Kerr represent a huge offensive threat for any team. 40-45W unless Steph hurts his ankle, then they could easily shut the season down.

Kings. New coach after a decent season, Divac and the ownership messing up again. Can Walton become the coach Sacramento needs? Harrison BArnes isn't an NBA first option caliber player, but Fox is. And B Hield thinks himself is. They have to adjust their play and their day to day to this reality, other than that, sooner or later they'll have problems in that young lockerroom and their not the kind of franchise that deals well with problems. 35-40W but I still give them and GSW Walton a chance to fight for the playoffs if other teams miss their spot due to injuries or just losing too many games.

The Pelicans are too young. They have talent, they look like a fantastic project but they're too young and inexperienced. Too many players need still to learn how to play winning basketball in the NBA. Some of them still need to become a profesional player. I don't think they can contend for the playoffs yet. They will get some good wins though.

Thunder. Watch out. Their starting five is very good, Chris Paul could take four of us, mere nba forum posters, and make us play like an nba team. You don't need athleticism for that work, you just need how to play basketball from the point guard position. Shai Gilgeous Alexander is a great name and a great basketball project. They have solid players in all the positions, they're just missing some 3pt shooting coming from the bench. I think Billy Donovan is coaching for his job. OKC's front office plan B for this season is cristal clear: fire Donovan, trade Paul and their valuable pieces, give the team to SG Alexander and reboot in 2019-2020 summer. I consider this plan B as the most likely scenario but I won't be surprised if Paul stays healthy and they stay into the playoff contention for a good part of the season.

Dallas. Two young but inexperienced stars and a short roster. Doncic is fantastic, Porzingis seems to be healthy but what about their defense? and who else is contributing there? I don't think even Carlisle can make them a playoff team.

Phoenix. Here we have one of my candidates to surprising team of the year. Compared to the last season, their roster it's at the next level. A lot of very good signings: a court general, Rubio in the PG, multiskilled forward Dario Saric, solid center Aaron Baynes, explosive Tyler Johson, first class rookie Cam Johnson plus valuable existent pieces like Kelly Oubre or Jevon Carter (classic supercompe ive selfmade player). Phoenix has perfectly surrounded Devin Booker and De Andre Ayton for them to progress to their respective next level as well. Monty Willians has the tools to convert the crappy Suns in a teams who contends for the playoff and appear in the Coach of the Year conversation. Nobody expects the Suns to win more than 30 games but I say: watch out!

Wolves. I don't believe in KAT as a franchise player anymore. Minnessota has in Wiggins probably the worst contract of the NBA. No real point guard, no experienced coaching, no leadership. I dare to say the Wolves are having a bad season.

Grizzlies. Team under construction. Bottom of the standings.

Edit. I said Joerger was the Kings coach this season and praised SACs continuity Nice mistake.
    Last edited by Coach X; 10-21-2019 at 05:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-Houston
    2-New Orleans
    3-San Antonio
    4-Dallas
    5-Memphis

Thread Information