Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m in the “cash out” camp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An article without BSPN spin. Nice. Some pros and cons to the current situation, instead of "boring ol' Spurs" BSPN content

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs let things play out up to the trade deadline. I personally wouldn't mind things going south quickly, thus allowing the Spurs to move the vets to go play on playoff contender, taking back expirings, picks, maybe a younger role player or 2. I think we have a chance to speed up our rebuild/reload by fully embracing the youth movement, open up some cap space, and acquiring some additional picks.

There is always the chance they find the right groupings, DDR/DJ/White shoot well from perimeter, and Spurs are real contenders again, becoming buyers at the deadline. A small chance, but a chance nonetheless.

Most likely scenario is the Spurs find themselves 5-9 seed around the trade deadline and stay pat continuing to prolong the good but not contenders status.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's actually a pretty reasonable article. Maybe not earth-shattering news, but that's a lot better than the ones that say stupid stuff just to get clicks.

In theory, the Spurs should have been better this year than last year's 48 win campaign. It's hard to see them as contenders, and that makes it hard to believe that they have enough years left in their stars to improve to that point.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good read. Very neutral approach but acknowledges the young talent. For the right price, cash in on Demar. I’m a proponent, but the Spurs are fairly deep on the perimeter. Maybe DeRozan could net some depth in the forward position or get an upgrade at Center to compliment Poeltl?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what LMA thinks of staying with the Spurs.? Do we offer an extension to find out? If he intends to leave, then DDR becomes expendable with a trade... because if LMA leaves we need to go young and Medium-small showing the league a new experimental lineup look and see what happens.

Thread Information