Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you wouldn't know an intellectual if they smacked you in the face with their Fields Medal.
    funny how you think so little of me but when i take a jab at you you're quick to limp-wrist jab me back. you are a pathetic loser holmes and it was on full display yesterday you faux intellectual got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt anyone here takes themselves nearly as seriously as you take yourself. You no doubt have some lingering issues in regard to not being up to snuff in your household as a child.
    sitting in his parents garage smoking his reds just isn't the life he dreamed of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think that?
    I think as long as the dems don’t have a strong candidate and the economy remains in a good spot Trump will be very difficult to beat.

Hope I am wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY Times: Hillary, Bloomberg, Kerry Look for Opening to Run in 2020

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "the economy remains in a good spot"

not in a good spot except for those above middle class, which is being forced to shrink into near poverty and financial precarity

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-22-2019 at 07:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think as long as the dems don’t have a strong candidate and the economy remains in a good spot Trump will be very difficult to beat.

Hope I am wrong
    While that is traditionally true, good economies typically correlate with high approval ratings. That has been the case for the past 50 years at least.

What makes Trump interesting is that the economy is good and he still has historically bad approval ratings. He is more unpopular than the ones that saw deep recessions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While that is traditionally true, good economies typically correlate with high approval ratings. That has been the case for the past 50 years at least.

What makes Trump interesting is that the economy is good and he still has historically bad approval ratings. He is more unpopular than the ones that saw deep recessions.
    at 1000 days, I read that Trash's approval/disapproval ratings are at about the middle of the pack of past Presidents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at 1000 days, I read that Trash's approval/disapproval ratings are at about the middle of the pack of past Presidents.
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many In cal that voted are legal USA citizens ?
    all of them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can any of them beat Trump?
    It's up to Ukraine and Russia. All we can do is wait to see what POTUS they choose for us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Independents swing heavily towards impeachment

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden - yes
    Warren - no
    Sanders - very unlikely
    Buttigieg - no
    Harris - no
    Booker - very unlikely
    Gabbard - maybe, but she won't get that far

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gabbard - maybe, but she won't get that far
    lol she would get destroyed easiest of all

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no disputing the numbers,

but the comment I read compared Trash at 1000 days with other Presidents' numbers at 1000 days.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the economy holds, then based on the sole factor of economy, predictions say Trash will win.

But the economy is slowing and expectations are for more slowing in 2020, and Trash is an ABnormal President (he plays one on twitter), not a normal, eg his impeachment, so that has to be figured in to Trash's chances for 2020.

I think Warren would destroy Trash, but Bernie is enjoying a "stent bounce" right now. I think Warren, age alone, is better than Bernie, and would certainly destroy Trash in debates.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The World Economy Is Stumbling Toward Disaster

If a new recession strikes, the Trump administration will get — and deserve — much of the blame.

The world’s finance ministers and central-bank governors gathered this past weekend in Washington and looked out at a global economy badly in need of treatment.

With the facts in plain sight and the need for policy changes all too apparent, they’ve shown little sense of urgency, and even less sign of action.

Prodded by an unhinged U.S. administration, the world could be stumbling into the next global recession.

The International Monetary Fund has lowered its
    growth forecasts yet again.

Global output is projected to rise by just 3% this year (down from the 3.3% predicted in the spring) and by a still-sluggish 3.4% (down from 3.6%) in 2020.

Economic momentum is fading almost everywhere — the IMF calls it a “synchronized slowdown.”

The revised outlook is already the weakest since the crash 10 years ago,

and the risks in the forecast are very much, as economists say, to the downside.

the prospect of recession under current conditions is truly alarming.

The hesitant recovery of the past decade has depleted the conventional tools of macroeconomic policy.

In many countries — not least the U.S. — fiscal stimulus and persistent budget deficits have boosted ratios of public debt to national income. Next time, governments will be reluctant to lean as heavily on extra public borrowing to raise demand, rightly or wrongly fearing lack of fiscal space.

Monetary policy is all but exhausted too, with interest rates either close to their effective lower bound (as in the U.S.) or slammed down against it (as in the European Union).

Another legacy of that previous recession, and the extraordinary measures taken to contain it, is
    heightened financial fragility.

With abundant quan ative easing and super-low interest rates, financial conditions have been kept loose to support asset prices, press down on yields and strengthen demand.

Recklessly inflated house prices were a main cause of the crash; in many countries, they’ve soared again on the back of cheap credit.

Banks have added capital since 2009, but not enough to make them safe in another big downturn.

The notorious “doom loop” of risky sovereign debt and bank insolvency — recognized as a major risk after 2008 — remains substantially unaddressed in Italy and other countries.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-10-21/imf-growth-forecasts-world-economy-is-stumbling-toward-disaster

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the economy holds, then based on the sole factor of economy, predictions say Trash will win.

But the economy is slowing and expectations are for more slowing in 2020, and Trash is an ABnormal President (he plays one on twitter), not a normal, eg his impeachment, so that has to be figured in to Trash's chances for 2020.

I think Warren would destroy Trash, but Bernie is enjoying a "stent bounce" right now. I think Warren, age alone, is better than Bernie, and would certainly destroy Trash in debates.
    Warren doesn't have a snowball's chance in to beat Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The democrat candidate clown bus is as ty as I have ever seen but luckily for them, Trump will beat Trump.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The democrat candidate clown bus is as ty as I have ever seen but luckily for them, Trump will beat Trump.
    The Repug Klown Kar excreted your lovable "idiot" Trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly true. I guess he was a novelty then. Embarrassing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should've said Klown Kar Kabal tbh

Thread Information