Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see alot of posters here question how Harden and Wesbrook fit, completely ignoring the fact that they've played together before and backdoor-swept our asses 7 years ago (even though we were jobbed by Thunderefs big time in Game 6). They fit well together. There's no question about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see alot of posters here question how Harden and Wesbrook fit, completely ignoring the fact that they've played together before and backdoor-swept our asses 7 years ago (even though we were jobbed by Thunderefs big time in Game 6). They fit well together. There's no question about that.
    Different time, different system.

In 2012, Harden was coming off the bench and was the third option behind Durant and Westbrook in Scotty Brooks' iso heavy gameplan when they were on the floor together. Both players have earned MVPs on separate teams since then, and consider themselves to be the alpha.

Now they will be starting together in D'Antoni's pace-and-space three-palooza system and, knowing Pringles, he is gonna play them each 35-40 MPG...which means they have to co-exist even though they both are accustomed to having high usage. Who is going to demand the ball in crunch time of big games?

Not to mention that Westbrook is basically the opposite of Morey-ball. Terrible three-point shooter (but perfectly willing to chuck them), loves to shoot in mid-range, doesn't really move or cut without the ball, hangs around for rebounds instead of breaking out in transition, the list goes on and on. That would all be okay if he was just playing a role in spot minutes, but he is sure to have the 2nd-highest usage on the team.

Houston will still win lots of games because they are starting two MVPs and this is a player-driven league. But when the chips are down and it's time to show your cards, I fully expect Westbrook to resort to his bad habits and do more bad than good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers Achilles heel exposed 1st game. Bench outscored 60 to 19. Lost with Green going 7 of 9 from 3.
    Last edited by buttsR4rebounding; 10-23-2019 at 05:42 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers Achilles heel exposed 1st game. Bench outscored 60 to 19. Lost with Green going 7 of 9 from 3.
    AD and Lebron already exhausted in the second half of the season's first game ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see us between the 7th seed and missing the playoffs so my prediction is the 8th seed and a 1st round exit.
    exactly my thoughts. 8th seed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going 5th seed and being ahead of the Lakers in the standings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going 5th seed
    Lots would have to go right for us and lots would have to go wrong for many better teams for that to happen

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    clip
    denver
    gsw
    lakers
    jazz
    houston
    portland
    dallas

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker plays a lot of D league games and Gay doesn't play in more that 40 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see the Spurs finishing ahead of the Lakers (on a bit of a limb, I admit).

Spurs -- 50-54 wins.

Lakers -- 48-52 wins.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bold take is that the Lakers have a sneaky-high chance of missing the playoffs entirely. I thought that last season too.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs win 50.
    lma and ddr are easily the team’s best players, Again, and they will be criminally underrated by SpurStalk, Again
    forbes posts more PPG, games played and minutes played than white
    ok so far i was right about everything except the one main important thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs miss the playoffs bc of Pop. He doesn’t play DJ and White together. He does play Marco and Patty together. He refuses to play Lonnie over Marco and he will play Lyles, a useless big man who has an entire career proving he’s useless over Luka.

Pop then retires from the NBA and his dream team will be the last time he coaches. Everyone will overlook this year and say what an amazing coach he was and how it’s an honor to play for him on the olympics.
    This guy pretty much called it or stumbled on it. (I though I posted in this one and thought they could be a 3 seed.... guess not.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy pretty much called it or stumbled on it. (I though I posted in this one and thought they could be a 3 seed.... guess not.)
    I had to redeem myself from last years horribly wrong prediction where I said the Raptors weren’t winning the championship and the Spurs would make the conference finals

This year I could just kinda see the writing on the wall tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs miss the playoffs bc of Pop. He doesn’t play DJ and White together. He does play Marco and Patty together. He refuses to play Lonnie over Marco and he will play Lyles, a useless big man who has an entire career proving he’s useless over Luka.

Pop then retires from the NBA and his dream team will be the last time he coaches. Everyone will overlook this year and say what an amazing coach he was and how it’s an honor to play for him on the olympics.
    If I said I was going to treat you like E. F. Hutton after reading this, are you old enough to get the allusion?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I said I was going to treat you like E. F. Hutton after reading this, are you old enough to get the allusion?
    Sorry but no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ima pay close attention. You could probably YouTube their old commercials. Quite memorable - at least to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

damn

Thread Information