Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's too bad for you because the cons ution and the courts do count it among religions.
    I said personally. I don't know that it cons utionally isn't a religion. It's murky imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said personally. I don't know that it cons utionally isn't a religion. It's murky imo.
    Personally? OK, I guess you can believe whatever you want personally, but do you know if Mosques are taxed?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally? OK, I guess you can believe whatever you want personally, but do you know if Mosques are taxed?
    I know that those mosques would tax me or kill me if they had their way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that those mosques would tax me or kill me if they had their way.
    They're tax-exempt.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're tax-exempt.
    Does that bother you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I consider Islam to be a political persuasion of world domination. I personally don't count it among religions.
    That's what I thought. Therein lies the conundrum. Feelings don't enter the picture when it comes to Cons utional protections, and Islam is a religion in every sense of the word (even if you or I disagree with some or all of it's teaching, ethics, morals, etc).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does that bother you?
    Not really, but it seems like it would bother you given what you just wrote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murky in what way?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murky in what way?
    Murky in that he has essentially no real knowledge on the subject at hand. Of course Islam is recognized as a religion in the U.S. (including for tax purposes). It has like 2 billion followers world wide.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charitable donations should never be taxed.
    gullible idiot

You’re exactly the mark these televangelist like Joel ing Osteen love to over with the charitable line.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp getting on daily

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I'm not sure Spurtacular even goes or has ever been to church but he knows that the "religious right" is on the red team, so he's all-in on religion as a result.
    bingo, id bet he doesn’t go to church at all, he’s just been programmed to be pro-religion in arguments like this.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are pastors' incomes taxed? I don't have an issue with exempting a religious ins ution but all individual salaries should be taxed the same as any other job.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The churches that actually do so much charitable work is very important since government has taken its foot off the gas. When you actually see busloads of people on our coastline cleaning up and helping rebuild it’s reassuring. And I really don’t give a crap if boots thinks it’s all about proselytizing, people in need get real help.

Then I see Joel Osteen in Houston... When the little Church down the street and their parishioners actually housing families until they get to relatives. It’s easy to single guys like Joel out. Red team would do themselves a favor by staying away from his ilk. When churches give political lectures, it is very sad.

Im wary because I have seen how much good churches can do. Some of the most likable, hardworking, unassuming apolitical, people I have met working on Habitat for Humanity Housing are from churches as well.

If you do volunteer work, it makes this question very tough. This charity work,in which people actually see and work with people face to face, is also important for societies that have turned more isolated in actual human contact. Churches organize this social contact most often. Better than lock her up rally’s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeez you're re ed. You really don't belong in this forum until you at least catch up with the rest of 9th grade. Then after that maybe sit out discussions and just ask questions to your superiors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a pastor or clergy gets an income, it should be taxed.
    They are taxed. In addition to income tax on salary from the church they also have to pay self employment tax because by law churches cannot withhold FICA and Medicare taxes.

https://www.sapling.com/5986202/tax-...ctions-pastors

I can understand charities being tax exempt, but not churches.
    Churches are automatically considered 501c3 charities. They have to adhere to the 501c3 requirements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are taxed. In addition to income tax on salary from the church they also have to pay self employment tax because by law churches cannot withhold FICA and Medicare taxes.

https://www.sapling.com/5986202/tax-...ctions-pastors

Churches are automatically considered 501c3 charities. They have to adhere to the 501c3 requirements.
    Why is a church "automatically" considered a charity?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeez you're re ed. You really don't belong in this forum until you at least catch up with the rest of 9th grade. Then after that maybe sit out discussions and just ask questions to your superiors.
    What about ninth grade, cuck. Tell us.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murky in what way?
    Murky in that it's an active philosophy of governmental overthrow and oppression masking itself as religion.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really, but it seems like it would bother you given what you just wrote.
    I'm not a fan of the government's effective material support of anti-American forces. Sure. Are you happy about it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about ninth grade, cuck. Tell us.
    Finish it, re .

Lol "us"

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finish it, re .

Lol "us"
    I'm the one with a cuck coalition

Stop with your cuck triggers and tell us all about ninth grade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murky in that it's an active philosophy of governmental overthrow and oppression masking itself as religion.
    This is re ed. I don't know why guys like ElNono or DMX7 are taking the time to explain this simple concept to you, but you should thank them for the lesson.

Myself, i don't have the patience to catch ridiculous trolling re s like you up to high school level social studies.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Are pastors' incomes taxed? I don't have an issue with exempting a religious ins ution but all individual salaries should be taxed the same as any other job.
    The free housing they get isn’t taxed when free housing for people in any other occupation is taxed as income.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is re ed. I don't know why guys like ElNono or DMX7 are taking the time to explain this simple concept to you, but you should thank them for the lesson.

Myself, i don't have the patience to catch ridiculous trolling re s like you up to high school level social studies.
    Cuck ranting.

Thread Information