Page 123 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 4077
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Weakest finalist in NBA history. Possibly Kobe's most legit championship cos of that.
    What would the record show if it were Kobe's back2back versus Celtics 1 le

3 Finals in the Row in the West, granted accomplished with a heavy handed Grizzlies trade.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    2009 Magic >>>> 1999 Knicks
    Close but I like Knicks.

Especially with Houston, Ward, and Larry from 3 point for a defensive team.

Latrell versus Pietrus?......Magic downfall

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would the record show if it were Kobe's back2back versus Celtics 1 le

3 Finals in the Row in the West, granted accomplished with a heavy handed Grizzlies trade.
    Yea, my bad. It's really Pau's le. He was the head of the snake. For purposes of convo I said Kobe though.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Yea, my bad. It's really Pau's le. He was the head of the snake. For purposes of convo I said Kobe though.
    Off the record but are there Non-Spurs you liked?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off the record but are there Non-Spurs you liked?
    For what?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I hated Shaq then Kobe came and eventually Lebron. Dislike is passed on and you end up respecting the previous version.

There is an argument made that sports especially team sports; are made with rivals & rivalries. You are better than your greatest rival...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hated Shaq then Kobe came and eventually Lebron. Dislike is passed on and you end up respecting the previous version.

There is an argument made that sports especially team sports; are made with rivals & rivalries. You are better than your greatest rival...
    I don't dislike the players so much as the system.

Jordan, Kobe, LBJ got away with sh** cos the league catered to them.

That's not changing. Culture is too dumb to create that kind of impetus.

But I won't worship the rings. The system took away from players like Stockon, Bird, and Duncan and gave them to Jordan, Kobe, and Earvin.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I don't dislike the players so much as the system.

Jordan, Kobe, LBJ got away with sh** cos the league catered to them.

That's not changing. Culture is too dumb to create that kind of impetus.

But I won't worship the rings. The system took away from players like Stockon, Bird, and Duncan and gave them to Jordan, Kobe, and Earvin.
    While I agree with your premise, I think more athletic players prospered. They all got calls but Stockton/Bird/Duncan chose to be team players within a system.

IE: Duncan not joining Grant in Orlando.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I agree with your premise, I think more athletic players prospered. They all got calls but Stockton/Bird/Duncan chose to be team players within a system.
    Bird took Jordan to the woodshed. In 87 and 88, the company men had to put in OT on Lakers games against the Mavs, Jazz, Celtics, etc.

If you're arguing they don't ref for results, I can't help you.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Bird took Jordan to the woodshed. In 87 and 88, the company men had to put in OT on Lakers games against the Mavs, Jazz, Celtics, etc.

If you're arguing they don't ref for results, I can't help you.
    Yes Bird was the superior player at that time.

Those players seasons overlap and you consider ref advantage. Most those players peak is only 3-4 seasons as MVP.

They receive advantage at each of their peaks

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Close but I like Knicks.

Especially with Houston, Ward, and Larry from 3 point for a defensive team.

Latrell versus Pietrus?......Magic downfall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan with iso ball, midrange, Stern protection and being guarded by accountant Ehlo or grocery bagger Stark?

40 ppg easily

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic had 3 point shooting at every position except Point Guard. Yes ultimately Jameer failed and Lowry hit the timely three
    They were shooting 3s just fine in the series : Alston, Hedo, Lewis

Fisher couldn’t keep up with Alston who was masterful at controlling the tempo

Lakers had no answer for Hedo who was killing them on the pick and rolls (he was also causing trouble for the Lakers in the 2002 playoffs)

Nelson was coming from an injury and looked lost
    And he left Fosher take that game tying 3 in game 4

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2009 Magic >>>> 1999 Knicks
    Spree and Houston is better than anything the Magic had on the perimeter. Magic had Dwight but Knicks frontline was still better than the Magic with Camby,Thomas,Johnson,Dudley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Sp*rs would be light a chip if the Phoenix Suns and Rockets were competent. SMH
    as much as he sweated through his lies in this interview?

3:32
    "Would you like to finish your career as a Spur?"
    "...yeah...uh...sure."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Sp*rs would be light a chip if the Phoenix Suns and Rockets were competent. SMH
    Can't blame Phoenix. #2 is the Black Forrest Gump. I don't think anybody could have envisioned him being great outside of being a defensive player. Could you imagine interviewing a guy that sounds re ed and weird and thinking he had room for growth as a player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't blame Phoenix. #2 is the Black Forrest Gump. I don't think anybody could have envisioned him being great outside of being a defensive player. Could you imagine interviewing a guy that sounds re ed and weird and thinking he had room for growth as a player.
    Either of the Morris twins (who went before Kawhi) were better players coming into the draft. We developed Kawhi from being a piece of crap with big hands to a piece of crap with big hands and a decent jump shot and an ego.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either of the Morris twins (who went before Kawhi) were better players coming into the draft. We developed Kawhi from being a piece of crap with big hands to a piece of crap with big hands and a decent jump shot and an ego.
    I was randomly watching this old Ernest movie last night and it made me think of #2. Ernest is a re that suddenly became great out of nowhere on his basketball team and then let his ego get corrupted. Watch from 1:10:00 to 1:14:00 you will see Ernest's new ego take over much like #2 did after 2016.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    as much as he sweated through his lies in this interview?

3:32
    "Would you like to finish your career as a Spur?"
    "...yeah...uh...sure."

You always take a chance on a good defensive player. Players can learn to shoot over time. Biggest example is Patrick Ewing. Coming out of Georgetown, he couldn't shoot outside of 5 feet. He eventually could hit 17 footers regularly. Karl Malone too.

Yes, I blame the Suns and djohn2oo8's RockettesPERIOD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurms fans still bitter about Kawhi leaving

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    BJ Armstrong named Hakeem & Duncan when asked which players were nearest to Jordan's level

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was randomly watching this old Ernest movie last night and it made me think of #2. Ernest is a re that suddenly became great out of nowhere on his basketball team and then let his ego get corrupted. Watch from 1:10:00 to 1:14:00 you will see Ernest's new ego take over much like #2 did after 2016.
    Maybe not so random. Same sh** popped into my suggested vids. I was tempted to watch; but I got paid subscriptions that I ain't even getting around to watching everything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe not so random. Same sh** popped into my suggested vids. I was tempted to watch; but I got paid subscriptions that I ain't even getting around to watching everything.
    It’s worth watching from a comedy stand point. I was laughing hard from all the insults that were thrown at Ernest throughout the movie.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s worth watching from a comedy stand point. I was laughing hard from all the insults that were thrown at Ernest throughout the movie.
    My brother was a pretty big fan back in the day. I know those movies were better than his show. That's why I considered it. Might get to it.

Thread Information