Page 127 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 4077
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    6 ft 9 point who posts you up at will and sees the entire floor.
    with no jumper, mediocre post moves, an abnormally high dribble and plays no defense

oh but he throws unnecessary no look passes over his shoulder to wide open players in transition, what a great floor general!

magic was great for his time and did his part in bringing a new type of excitement charisma and joy to the game of basketball, but dudes arguably not even a top 5 player in the league today. he wouldnt be able to get away with playing PG because he would get ate up on defense with ease (lol at the thought of him guarding steph, dame, cp3, etc...)

hed have to play power forward while the team puts a traditional small guard on the floor, which throws off the whole mismatch issue he brought to the table in the 80s, and completely negates his post-up "advantage" since guys would be the same size as him, and he didn't really have particularly great footwork. his main post-up skill was having a solid hook shot.

his flaws would be so horribly exposed its not even funny lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with no jumper, mediocre post moves, an abnormally high dribble and plays no defense

oh but he throws unnecessary no look passes over his shoulder to wide open players in transition, what a great floor general!

magic was great for his time and did his part in bringing a new type of excitement charisma and joy to the game of basketball, but dudes arguably not even a top 5 player in the league today. he wouldnt be able to get away with playing PG because he would get ate up on defense with ease (lol at the thought of him guarding steph, dame, cp3, etc...)

hed have to play power forward while the team puts a traditional small guard on the floor, which throws off the whole mismatch issue he brought to the table in the 80s, and completely negates his post-up "advantage" since guys would be the same size as him, and he didn't really have particularly great footwork. his main post-up skill was having a solid hook shot.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Accurate. SMH

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

He's jumper is not Lonzo Ball bad come on now lol.

And I have to ask this to all the game is so much better now folks...do you guys honestly think players like Magic or Jordan or whoever wouldn't have been able work on the 3 point shot and become good shooters? I mean seriously, Jordan transformed himself from an above the rim player to a money ball turn around jumper on the baseline player. And he did it seemingly overnight. JKidd used to build mansions with all his bricks. Then as his body slowed down became a sniper from distance. Even Lebron, this generation's hero,(lol) had a shot that got exposed. Then worked on it and he became a more than respectable shooter.

The only reason these guys didn't work on the 3 more is because, as we all know, it was considered a bad shot. They do just fine in this era.

I wont defend Magic's defense because it flat out sucked and would stink in any era. You hide him the same way you hid Dirk, Tony Parker, James Harden or any other weak defender

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    He's jumper is not Lonzo Ball bad come on now lol
    never said it was, although tbh lonzo actually has range and hits his threes pretty consistently these days, its just ugly looking

And I have to ask this to all the game is so much better now folks...do you guys honestly think players like Magic or Jordan or whoever wouldn't have been able work on the 3 point shot and become good shooters? I mean seriously, Jordan transformed himself from an above the rim player to a money ball turn around jumper on the baseline player. And he did it seemingly overnight. JKidd used to build mansions with all his bricks. Then as his body slowed down became a sniper from distance. Even Lebron, this generation's hero,(lol) had a shot that got exposed. Then worked on it and he became a more than respectable shooter.
    i don't disagree with this at all, but until the "game used to be so much better" folks who claim that lebron cant take the physical play of the 80s and 90s (first off its stupid to think he cant, and second if it was the common style of play then im sure he would be just as unbothered by it like anyone else was) or whatever other similarly re ed claims you make, then i don't care to address this side of it either

The only reason these guys didn't work on the 3 more is because, as we all know, it was considered a bad shot. They do just fine in this era.
    i would like to think so, but the reality is, they didnt have that shot. we can only go off what we have seen, and it was very obvious that magic and mike did not have good long distance jumpers. and as a counter argument, if they spend more time working on the 3, then perhaps magics hook shot isnt as good, or mikes midrange isnt as good.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    never said it was, although tbh lonzo actually has range and hits his threes pretty consistently these days, its just ugly looking

i don't disagree with this at all, but until the "game used to be so much better" folks who claim that lebron cant take the physical play of the 80s and 90s (first off its stupid to think he cant, and second if it was the common style of play then im sure he would be just as unbothered by it like anyone else was) or whatever other similarly re ed claims you make, then i don't care to address this side of it either

i would like to think so, but the reality is, they didnt have that shot. we can only go off what we have seen, and it was very obvious that magic and mike did not have good long distance jumpers. and as a counter argument, if they spend more time working on the 3, then perhaps magics hook shot isnt as good, or mikes midrange isnt as good.
    And to counter your counter -- if Jordan could avg 37 ppg without a 3 point shot, then one could logically surmise he could avg 45+ with one. The what if scenarios are endless.

Just to be clear on Lebron...he's big, strong and fast. That means he would do well in any era. In fact, he's the best athlete I've ever seen-- he just isnt the best basketball player.

I rib Lebrons fans because, let's keep it 100 -- these guys have it easier now with no real enforcing bigs out there to rough them up. And the overall lack of physicality and rule changes designed to give wing players room to operate. Load management is not much of a thing for Lebron but it is for everyone else. So while you guys harp on grocery bagger Starks and expansion, we counter with todays stars playing depleted lineups thanks to load management. Neither era is without weak points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^
    SMH

Lebron would have no problem dunking on those bigs

People seem to forget Lebron is built like Karl Malone who did just fine in the paint, and James is far more skilled

And Jordan benefitted from load management he was rested when he came back in 95 thanks to 1.5 year of load management

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    ^
    SMH

Lebron would have no problem dunking on those bigs

People seem to forget Lebron is built like Karl Malone who did just fine in the paint, and James is far more skilled

And Jordan benefitted from load management he was rested when he came back in 95 thanks to 1.5 year of load management
    Malone had a vicious elbow. Lebron doesn't like to bang. Prefers to drift around the 3pt line

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think we can argue that Lebron doesn't have this sort of longevity if he is constantly being knocked on his ass by Mahorn, Laimbeer, Rodman, Oakley, Anthony Mason, Xavier McDaniel, etc, etc.

And then his career numbers sink. And with his abysmal Finals record, his fans have no leg to stand on.. Still a top 10 player overall, though.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Agreed. Definitely in the same group as Hakeem, Shaq and Kobe. No shame in that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we can argue that Lebron doesn't have this sort of longevity if he is constantly being knocked on his ass by Mahorn, Laimbeer, Rodman, Oakley, Anthony Mason, Xavier McDaniel, etc, etc.

And then his career numbers sink. And with his abysmal Finals record, his fans have no leg to stand on.. Still a top 10 player overall, though.
    thinking Lebron would have been knocked down by those dudes
    It would have bern the opposite actually, Lebron with his frame coming down at thise guys full speed, RIP some of them

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It would have bern the opposite actually, Lebron with his frame coming down at thise guys full speed, RIP some of them
    Lebron would not have lifted weights back then. Just another KG. On the flipside James attends College and has actual fundamentals and go to moves

I see Bernard King, not Shawn Kemp.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Haha you know these guys were experts are hurting people right? Go back and watch some Detroit vs Chicago games. Jordan would get hit by 2, sometimes three of those vatos. Is your superhero going to plow through 5-600 pound wall? Not happening lol

I know its real impressive watching him barrell through midget loud mouth Draymond, but then it was a little tougher
    Last edited by Dirks_Finale; 05-08-2020 at 09:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha you know these guys were experts are hurting people right? Go back and watch some Detroit vs Chicago games. Jordan would get hit by 2, sometimes three of those vatos. Is your superhero going to plow through 5-600 pound wall? Not happening lol

I know its real impressive watching him barrell through midget loud mouth Draymond, but then it was a little tougher
    And did Jordan survive?
    Yea he did

So I’m sure Lebron who is bigger and stronger would have been fine

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    And to counter your counter -- if Jordan could avg 37 ppg without a 3 point shot, then one could logically surmise he could avg 45+ with one. The what if scenarios are endless.
    So your thinking is that on top of his already taking around 34 shots a game (accounting 1 shot for 2 FTAs), he would be taking around another 6-7 three-point shots per game on top of that in order to make an additional 2.7 3PM each game to get 45ppg. I'm pretty confident if Lebron took 40+ shots a game he could average 45+ppg as well. So basically your point is, if Mike takes more shots, he would score more points. Yep. Astounding logic

Just to be clear on Lebron...he's big, strong and fast. That means he would do well in any era. In fact, he's the best athlete I've ever seen-- he just isnt the best basketball player.
    to each their own. but that wasn't even part of the argument. at all. typical jordan-stan, making comparisons of players that weren't even brought up as a comparison. if mike is so unquestionably the greatest, then why do you keep trying to make your case, to the point of bringing it up when no one even brought it up?

I rib Lebrons fans because, let's keep it 100 -- these guys have it easier now with no real enforcing bigs out there to rough them up. And the overall lack of physicality and rule changes designed to give wing players room to operate.
    lebrons had plenty of people try to rough him up and give him cheap shots. and has never once responded the way they wanted him to. hes well known for either brushing it off like its nothing, absorbing the contact and finishing with the foul, or he outsmarts them with a well executed flop to get a couple extra freethrows and make them look like a fool for even trying, and that pretty much brings an end to that. lets not act like lebron has been successfully bullied at any point in his career.

Load management is not much of a thing for Lebron but it is for everyone else. So while you guys harp on grocery bagger Starks and expansion, we counter with todays stars playing depleted lineups thanks to load management. Neither era is without weak points.
    what the heck are you even talking about? no one load manages during the playoffs, which is all that really ends up mattering anyways. lebron proved that beyond a doubt by playing just hard enough to make the playoffs then dragging that group of cretins to the finals in 2017-2018.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

hm

whats tougher to beat

a team that has less talent than yours, but has a lumbering oaf or two who will jump into you from time to time to try to get in your head

or

teams loaded with star talent, depth, and is flat out better overall than your own team that you keep having to overcome

im going to go out on the limb and say the latter is going to be tougher to beat, which is what lebron has consistently faced through his entire career, while jordan has mostly faced the former after his first 4-5 years in the league, after which he pretty much was never in a series that they werent favored to win and had to overcome major odds.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lebron vs Kobe

Who you got

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lebrons had plenty of people try to rough him up and give him cheap shots. and has never once responded the way they wanted him to. hes well known for either brushing it off like its nothing, absorbing the contact and finishing with the foul, or he outsmarts them with a well executed flop to get a couple extra freethrows and make them look like a fool for even trying, and that pretty much brings an end to that. lets not act like lebron has been successfully bullied at any point in his career.
    holy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, Durbeta is being insecure on Twitter

Again

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    you don't think flopping was a tactic used to make people pay for their overaggressiveness? if not, then why did these super macho bully true men of the 80s and 90s popularize it? what's the point of flopping? is there even an advantage to it?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Dr.J, Bird, Magic, Kobe, Lebron

The debate.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He would be fine in that he adjusts just like the guys from previous eras adjust and hit threes.

But I don't see him having the longevity he has had in this era.

And did Jordan survive?
    Yea he did

So I’m sure Lebron who is bigger and stronger would have been fine

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Ummm...we both know Lebron has never even come close to 37ppg.

And what I am saying is, if Jordan is so incredibly good at his craft of midrange and getting to the basket that he could avg 37 without a 3 point shot...had he put in that kind of dedication on the 3 ball and took 12 per game like this guys do now, that bumps his avg up to over 40 by itself, without any additional shots needed.

I'm glad you acknowledge that Lebron is a perpetual flopper. Which is hilarious to watch considering the man's size.

And you are all over the place talking about the playoffs in your last entry. I am obviously referring to the regular season. But what happens in the regular season carries over into the playoffs. Play scrubs during the regular season as they load manage, means less minutes which can also equate to less injuries. Do you recall Manu breaking his arm in the last game of the regular season in 2011? Ask these Spurs fans if it effected the Spurs in the playoffs. Doesn't happen if 'load management' is occurring on either side. And that just didn't exist back then. 3 games in 5 nights means you play 3 games in 5 nights.

So your thinking is that on top of his already taking around 34 shots a game (accounting 1 shot for 2 FTAs), he would be taking around another 6-7 three-point shots per game on top of that in order to make an additional 2.7 3PM each game to get 45ppg. I'm pretty confident if Lebron took 40+ shots a game he could average 45+ppg as well. So basically your point is, if Mike takes more shots, he would score more points. Yep. Astounding logic

to each their own. but that wasn't even part of the argument. at all. typical jordan-stan, making comparisons of players that weren't even brought up as a comparison. if mike is so unquestionably the greatest, then why do you keep trying to make your case, to the point of bringing it up when no one even brought it up?

what the heck are you even talking about? no one load manages during the playoffs, which is all that really ends up mattering anyways. lebron proved that beyond a doubt by playing just hard enough to make the playoffs then dragging that group of cretins to the finals in 2017-2018.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

10 burner accounts currently agreeing with him.

Meanwhile, Durbeta is being insecure on Twitter

Again
    Last edited by Dirks_Finale; 05-09-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Thread Information