Page 83 of 164 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 4077
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Luka is 2/8 from the field so far.....on pace for 6/24 #kobe
    Has there ever been a non-Spur player more talked about on ST than Kobe?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Melo has more points than Bird

And you farmers drag him like he's not 1st ballot

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Melo is a career loser. Fantastic scorer. But he’s never won . He only got out of the first round a couple of times, when Chauncey dragged him to the WCF. And another time in the Eastern Conference when it was basically Miami and everyone else. He’ll likely get into the Hall. Heck, T-Mac got in like it wasn’t even a question and he’s a career loser too. T-Mac was the greater talent though. But not necessarily more accomplished since his career ended rather early relatively because of injuries. But I will say this, when T-Mac was in his prime years, he was arguably a top 5 maybe even top 3 player in the league for a stretch of seasons. I don’t believe Melo was ever viewed as in the conversation among the 3-5 best players in the league, not in any season let alone several in a row.

In fact, the better comparison might be his childhood hero, Bernard King. Fantastic scorer. Really, really great at times. But when you think of his era of basketball and you list the great ones even beyond Magic and Larry and Michael, you start getting into Charles and Karl, Nique and Zeke, and some of the guys a little younger than him like Hakeem and Clyde, Admiral that extend into the 90s. But you’d go through a dozen maybe a couple dozen names before you think about Bernard King.

30 years from now, remembering the 2000s, Melo won’t even register as a blip on the spectrum of great players to start the century. He’ll receive more recognition for being close friends with some of the greats of this era than he will for being one.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Oh and speaking of Portland last night... Dame is a problem.

And I mean that respectfully. A real ing problem. His performance was just wow.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Melo is a career loser. Fantastic scorer. But he’s never won . He only got out of the first round a couple of times, when Chauncey dragged him to the WCF. And another time in the Eastern Conference when it was basically Miami and everyone else. He’ll likely get into the Hall. Heck, T-Mac got in like it wasn’t even a question and he’s a career loser too. T-Mac was the greater talent though. But not necessarily more accomplished since his career ended rather early relatively because of injuries. But I will say this, when T-Mac was in his prime years, he was arguably a top 5 maybe even top 3 player in the league for a stretch of seasons. I don’t believe Melo was ever viewed as in the conversation among the 3-5 best players in the league, not in any season let alone several in a row.

In fact, the better comparison might be his childhood hero, Bernard King. Fantastic scorer. Really, really great at times. But when you think of his era of basketball and you list the great ones even beyond Magic and Larry and Michael, you start getting into Charles and Karl, Nique and Zeke, and some of the guys a little younger than him like Hakeem and Clyde, Admiral that extend into the 90s. But you’d go through a dozen maybe a couple dozen names before you think about Bernard King.

30 years from now, remembering the 2000s, Melo won’t even register as a blip on the spectrum of great players to start the century. He’ll receive more recognition for being close friends with some of the greats of this era than he will for being one.
    Jammie trippin

He didn't win in the West (Nuggets) because Kobe was in his way. In the East (Knicks), he had to go thru Bron. No shame in losing to those guys.

He won an NCAA championship as a Freshman. He also won 3 Gold Medals (Duncan doesn't have even ne).
    10x all star.
    6x all NBA.
    20th all time scorer (895 points from passing Nique, Duncan, Gervin and Paul Pierce) for 15th.

On top of that, he knocked up LaLa. He going into the HOF, 1st ballotPERID

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He only played once against Kobe in the west, when the Nuggets really had a good team. He never accomplished much beyond that 2009 season in the west. And in the East, losing to LeBron in the semis is respectable. The problem is never doing anything else beside 2012. Melo wasn't losing series to all-time greats, he was barely making the playoffs to begin with, even when the conference was historically weak.

And I agree on the T-Mac comparison as well. 2002-05 T-Mac was without a doubt Top 5 material, if not higher, for his physical and basketball skills. Hard to know what would have happened since he essentially broke down after that. I don't think Melo ever reached that echelon, not even close.
    Last edited by endrity; 01-30-2020 at 11:47 AM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

yeah the same chick half the league ran through....I guess she isn’t as fugly as Nessa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Melo was up there with Kobe in the tough shot making department. But one dimensional player, and never a winner at the nba level

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

I think youre basically saying this already, but I think characterizing T-Mac as a career loser comparable to someone like Melo is a little harsh. A lot of his failures were due to injuries to himself/teammates as well as other bad luck. When healthy prime T-Mac had the “it” factor in terms of ability to influence the outcome of games more than Melo ever did.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Jammie trippin

He didn't win in the West (Nuggets) because Kobe was in his way. In the East (Knicks), he had to go thru Bron. No shame in losing to those guys.

He won an NCAA championship as a Freshman. He also won 3 Gold Medals (Duncan doesn't have even ne).
    10x all star.
    6x all NBA.
    20th all time scorer (895 points from passing Nique, Duncan, Gervin and Paul Pierce) for 15th.

In the 1 year he made it past the 1st round with NYK, he lost to the Paul George Pcers before ever getting far enough to play the Heat

Your point about him in Denver would be valid except he lost in the 1st round every year except 1 year with Denver...it wasn’t like he just kept running into the same Lakers buzzsaw every year while beating up on every other team.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Slow your role bruh. Luka >>>>> PED user tbh

Imagine Luka and Booker as your foundational players for a decade

Would have to change their name to the Phoenix Funs
    I still don’t get why there’s more criticism aimed at the Suns for taking Ayton over Doncic but none at the Kings for taking Marvin Bagley (someone who’s ceiling is a more fragile Chris Bosh) over Doncic.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I still don’t get why there’s more criticism aimed at the Suns for taking Ayton over Doncic but none at the Kings for taking Marvin Bagley (someone who’s ceiling is a more fragile Chris Bosh) over Doncic.
    Bagley is a baller. He gotta stay healthy tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donutcic after November ends... major slump, as usual

ouch.

don't kill yourself luca

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Silver

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think youre basically saying this already, but I think characterizing T-Mac as a career loser comparable to someone like Melo is a little harsh. A lot of his failures were due to injuries to himself/teammates as well as other bad luck. When healthy prime T-Mac had the “it” factor in terms of ability to influence the outcome of games more than Melo ever did.
    Can't pin all of tmac losses on bad luck and injuries. I agree at their peaks he was better than Melo, but I hate when people make excuses for players they like, but not for a similar player they don't. Tmac was better and I enjoyed his game more than Melos but neither won when it mattered most in the pros. Both only won with Team USA or Melo in college.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 01-30-2020 at 04:31 PM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Bagley is a baller. He gotta stay healthy tho.
    Bagley isn’t on the same level as Ayton let alone Doncic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This I don’t like lol. Like just do a pre game tribute maybe some jerseys numbers 24 v 8 and that’s it. Kinda confusing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had a similar idea to this and posted it awhile back, but not the dumb 4th qtr part. It was about making each qtr count as opposed to the constant, huge blowouts we see based on the 3 point analytics game It would also save player fatigue over the course of the season.

My idea for the season, though I recognize will never be considered, was to start each qtr at 0-0. The goal is win each qtr. If a team wins the first 3, the game is over. If teams are tied 2-2, then there is a 5 minute overtime to determine the winner.

I think this would bring more exciting and effort to the game, instead of just waiting till the last 6 minutes to turn it on like the good teams do. The only thing is stats would be dramatically altered and that’s a big no-no.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The last time I tuned into or cared about an All Star Game was at least 20 years ago, so good on them for trying something new. That said, I still won’t be watching, those changes sound re ed.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Can't pin all of tmac losses on bad luck and injuries. I agree at their peaks he was better than Melo, but I hate when people make excuses for players they like, but not for a similar player they don't. Tmac was better and I enjoyed his game more than Melos but neither won when it mattered most in the pros. Both only won with Team USA or Melo in college.
    what the did Kirby win w/o Snack/MVPau?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What did Shaq Pau win without Wade or Kobe?

Pointless.
    I will agree Rings like Kl last year or Dirk in 2011 areare more impressive tho

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    What did Shaq Pau win without Wade or Kobe?

Pointless.
    I will agree Rings like Kl last year or Dirk in 2011 areare more impressive tho
    ....they actually made the playoffs if not win a couple of rounds

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I had a similar idea to this and posted it awhile back, but not the dumb 4th qtr part. It was about making each qtr count as opposed to the constant, huge blowouts we see based on the 3 point analytics game It would also save player fatigue over the course of the season.

My idea for the season, though I recognize will never be considered, was to start each qtr at 0-0. The goal is win each qtr. If a team wins the first 3, the game is over. If teams are tied 2-2, then there is a 5 minute overtime to determine the winner.

I think this would bring more exciting and effort to the game, instead of just waiting till the last 6 minutes to turn it on like the good teams do. The only thing is stats would be dramatically altered and that’s a big no-no.
    oh you did aha. Honestly that would be dope. I mean maybe try it in pre season or something idk

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if there's any point in watching a (non Spurs) regular season game that I don't have money on.

Thread Information