My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Los Angeles County: 'Highly likely' watch parties, celebrations for Lakers' NBA Finals win contributed to COVID-19 e

LOS ANGELES — The Los Angeles Lakers winning the NBA Finals coincided with a e in COVID-19 cases in Los Angeles County, and it’s "highly likely" watch parties held by Lakers fans and the victory celebration outside of Staples Center contributed to the e, the L.A. County Department of Public Health said.

That has fueled concerns of another potential e in COVID-19 transmission rates because the Los Angeles Dodgers are one victory away from winning their first World Series le in 32 years.

The Dodgers lead the Tampa Bay Rays 3-2 in the best-of-seven series. Game 6 will be played Tuesday and if the Dodgers lose, the teams will play Game 7 on Wednesday in Arlington, Texas.

“As fans continue to watch and celebrate the mighty LA sport teams, we are mindful that if individuals are not adhering to the health officer order requirements of distancing, infection control and masking, cases will continue to rise which, unfortunately, not only leads to increased illness and deaths, but also slows down our recovery journey,’’ the agency said Monday in a statement provided to USA TODAY Sports.

Since early October, the average number of new daily confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Los Angeles County has increased to 1,200 a day from 900 a day.

“It is impossible to determine the exact exposures that contributed to this increase,’’ the agency said. “However, it is highly likely that gatherings to watch and/or celebrate the Lakers, along with any other gatherings that occurred 2-3 weeks ago where people weren’t wearing face coverings and were in close contact with each other, contributed to the rise in LA County cases.’’

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs/6048984002/

---

smh LkrFan and his 12 kids probably front and center on this ... just because you're 21 years old doesn't mean you can't get sick, cabron.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Los Angeles County: 'Highly likely' watch parties, celebrations for Lakers' NBA Finals win contributed to COVID-19 e

LOS ANGELES — The Los Angeles Lakers winning the NBA Finals coincided with a e in COVID-19 cases in Los Angeles County, and it’s "highly likely" watch parties held by Lakers fans and the victory celebration outside of Staples Center contributed to the e, the L.A. County Department of Public Health said.

That has fueled concerns of another potential e in COVID-19 transmission rates because the Los Angeles Dodgers are one victory away from winning their first World Series le in 32 years.

The Dodgers lead the Tampa Bay Rays 3-2 in the best-of-seven series. Game 6 will be played Tuesday and if the Dodgers lose, the teams will play Game 7 on Wednesday in Arlington, Texas.

“As fans continue to watch and celebrate the mighty LA sport teams, we are mindful that if individuals are not adhering to the health officer order requirements of distancing, infection control and masking, cases will continue to rise which, unfortunately, not only leads to increased illness and deaths, but also slows down our recovery journey,’’ the agency said Monday in a statement provided to USA TODAY Sports.

Since early October, the average number of new daily confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Los Angeles County has increased to 1,200 a day from 900 a day.

“It is impossible to determine the exact exposures that contributed to this increase,’’ the agency said. “However, it is highly likely that gatherings to watch and/or celebrate the Lakers, along with any other gatherings that occurred 2-3 weeks ago where people weren’t wearing face coverings and were in close contact with each other, contributed to the rise in LA County cases.’’

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs/6048984002/

---

smh LkrFan and his 12 kids probably front and center on this ... just because you're 21 years old doesn't mean you can't get sick, cabron.

Yeah I read about that. Clippers and their fans are safe tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From this doc’s perspective- Lakers fans not always the brightest (LKRFan, Mitch, and “1995” being the usual exceptions) so no surprise here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

. Clippers and their fans are safe tho

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Yeah I read about that. Clippers and their fans are safe tho
    L*kers fans at the parade*

Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 10-27-2020 at 03:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN : Did LeBron create Covid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LAC fans already dying a slow death anyway. Must be pathetic to be a LAC fan again and again and again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN : Did LeBron create Covid?
    Likely immune with all the juice he seemingly takes as the ageless wonder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers and their fans are safe tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much grandma blood does LeRoid personally have on his hand? I’d say he’s killed thousands tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much grandma blood does LeRoid personally have on his hand? I’d say he’s killed thousands tbqh.
    DK jealous again right now, wish Covid was around in 1993

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DK jealous again right now, wishing Covid was around in 1993

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    LeBrat wishes COVID hit in 2011.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From this doc’s perspective- Lakers fans not always the brightest (LKRFan, Mitch, and “1995” being the usual exceptions) so no surprise here.
    Says the guy who put money on the Nuggets and the Heat

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's right. that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Says the guy who put money on the Nuggets and the Heat
    You lying?!?!

Thread Information