Page 134 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 4077
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You cant be serious with this.

Regardless of who scored what vs meaningless Angola...the entire squad knew who the man was on that team...or any team. Just ask any of them and they will tell you . And you know this.

There are Alphas and then there are Beta-Durants and Lebron from 2011

literally not. the problem is the point you are trying to make is stupid, inconsistent, and full of double standards.

interesting you say that, considering he wasnt even the top scorer on the team, playing against nothing but garbage competetion.

so lets take a typical dirks_finale type spin approach to this. either A) mike wasn't the alpha on the team, due to the fact that he wasnt the top scorer, or B) mike wasnt the alpha because he was one of the least offensively effective players on a team that was far and away the best in the tournament (had 2nd the worst shooting % on the entire dream team )

mike in his prime not the best player on the olympic squad

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You are dreaming.

Mike also got his ass handed to him by Petro

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    You cant be serious with this.

Regardless of who scored what vs meaningless Angola...the entire squad knew who the man was on that team...or any team. Just ask any of them and they will tell you . And you know this.

There are Alphas and then there are Beta-Durants and Lebron from 2011
    obviously not, but thats the type of stupid double standard logic you continue to present

mike in 90
    too stupid to pass to wide open teammates
    would rather force bad layups against triple teams
    that "alpha" mentality
    teammates hate him so much they would rather fake migraines and lose to make a point

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Jordan and Lebron on the same team...both in their primes -- who is the alpha? And be honest with yourself I know it hurts but that's how growth occurs

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    they would have to find a way to make it work like Shaq and Kobe couldn't once Kobe was reaching the same level as Shaq

Jordan would definitely be the main scoring option. LeBron would be running the offense and be calling most of the plays though.

tbh they would butt heads a lot and both be right and wrong on different things, I don't think either one would really be the clear cut alpha. Jordans more hardheaded and probably more naturally assertive, but teammates respect LeBron a whole lot more because he actually is a decent human being.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    the difference is I'm not trying to exalt one over the other the way you continue to. I don't understand why you keep trying to debate that with me. I've said MJ is greater, without question. all I've been saying is that you have a weird obsession with putting LeBron down, and use double standards to do so excessively.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    in terms of their actual ability to play basketball, I consider them about even, with each of them having their own arguments for being better than the other. but they are just such different players that it's hard to gauge who truly is a better basketball player. but when you consider the greatness of each player through their accomplishments, mj is obviously ahead.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    interesting you say that, considering he wasnt even the top scorer on the team, playing against nothing but garbage competetion.

so lets take a typical dirks_finale type spin approach to this. either A) mike wasn't the alpha on the team, due to the fact that he wasnt the top scorer, or B) mike wasnt the alpha because he was one of the least offensively effective players on a team that was far and away the best in the tournament (had 2nd the worst shooting % on the entire dream team )

mike in his prime not the best player on the olympic squad

obviously not, but thats the type of stupid double standard logic you continue to present

mike in 90
    that "alpha" mentality
    teammates hate him so much they would rather fake migraines and lose to make a point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it happened
    Tapes are out there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

mike in 90
    that "alpha" mentality
    tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Head to head stats and W/L are not in your favor

No it happened
    Tapes are out there

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Fair enough, but there's always an alpha. Shaq was the clear cut Alpha on the Lakers, imo.

they would have to find a way to make it work like Shaq and Kobe couldn't once Kobe was reaching the same level as Shaq

Jordan would definitely be the main scoring option. LeBron would be running the offense and be calling most of the plays though.

tbh they would butt heads a lot and both be right and wrong on different things, I don't think either one would really be the clear cut alpha. Jordans more hardheaded and probably more naturally assertive, but teammates respect LeBron a whole lot more because he actually is a decent human being.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Fair enough, but there's always an alpha. Shaq was the clear cut Alpha on the Lakers, imo.
    yes and towards the end of their run, kobe had made a claim to that position, and shaq didnt care much for it, and eventually the team crumbled

jordan would probably be more adamant about having things his way. simply for the sake of peace (and the fact that if they find any possible way to make it work they would be unstoppable) i think lebron would be more willing to play second fiddle than mike. but i dont see that as being a fault of lebrons. hes more interested in working on a winning effort, than forcing everything to be his way

but truth is the team would almost certainly be much better if lebron ran the show, even though he would score less

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Head to head stats and W/L are not in your favor
    I thought we were talking about the Olympics he totally dominated Jordan

And W\L well duh Jordan’s teams were better

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I thought we were talking about the Olympics he totally dominated Jordan

And W\L well duh Jordan’s teams were better
    You do realize they also faced each other in the NBA right?

And Boban does real well in garbage time as well. Doesn't make him elite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize they also faced each other in the NBA right?

And Boban does real well in garbage time as well. Doesn't make him elite.
    Petro played well against Mike in 91-92 and gave him in 92-93 and he was likely to even tougher to play against the following year but David Stern murdered him

ing Blazers wasted his early NBA years by using him as situational spot up shooter

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Avery Bradley opts out of restart
    Saw that. I'm proud of him tbh.

I'm wondering if JR or Waiters replaces him in starting lineup. Both have experience playing with Bron and will not have a negative impact on chemistry. Neither are the perimeter bulldog defender AB is, but much more potent offensive players which could help with spacing for Bron and AD.

Gonna be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw that. I'm proud of him tbh.

I'm wondering if JR or Waiters replaces him in starting lineup. Both have experience playing with Bron and will not have a negative impact on chemistry. Neither are the perimeter bulldog defender AB is, but much more potent offensive players which could help with spacing for Bron and AD.

Gonna be interesting.
    Ya JR Smith should really help with spacing again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ya JR Smith should really help with spacing again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spacing out joke?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't been paying attention to these snowflakes.
    Just seeing that the end of the season is only July 30 - August 15th.
    Can't say I'm surprised at that anemic schedule.
    Got to keep Old James fresh for the playoffs after all.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fat Lowry

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Thread Information