Page 121 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 4077
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arbitrary data. Only 5 seconds and game tying don't count?

Move it to 6 seconds and Jordan has 2 such shots in one single game ~ 1989 1st Round

Lol @ ESPN
    Still has more buzzer beaters than Demar Dejordan

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Still has more buzzer beaters than Demar Dejordan
    Within 5 seconds. And only to take lead. On a weekend. During American wartime. After 9/11.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That was the one year the guy looked human, tbh. I had wondered if he was done being elite and on a downward slope until he redeemed himself the following season.

But I still can never recall him scoring 8 points in a NBA finals game and getting outscored in a series by a bench player like Lebron did with Jet Terry.

Jordon choking hard here, doing the things LeBron gets criticized for

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    On top of all that, Lebron has played like 3 more years. And oh yeah, he was in the weakest conference (leastern conference) in the history of professional sports.

Arbitrary data. Only 5 seconds and game tying don't count?

Move it to 6 seconds and Jordan has 2 such shots in one single game ~ 1989 1st Round

Lol @ ESPN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was the one year the guy looked human, tbh. I had wondered if he was done being elite and on a downward slope until he redeemed himself the following season.

But I still can never recall him scoring 8 points in a NBA finals game and getting outscored in a series by a bench player like Lebron did with Jet Terry.
    Excuses escuses

He also looked human on 4th quarters vs Detroit many times

Jordan is a glorified DeRozan , period

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Excuses escuses

He also looked human on 4th quarters vs Detroit many times

Fair enough. That makes Lebron a glorified Matt Bonner

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan with iso ball, midrange, Stern protection and being guarded by accountant Ehlo or grocery bagger Stark?

40 ppg easily

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You are not taking into account the overall physicality of the two hand-checking, allowed era. Derozan goes to the lane in this weak defensive era and they clear it for him like they are making way for the Pope. Do that in the 90's and get wheeled out in a chair if you were playing Det/NYK/PHI And it's probably not even a flagrant foul.

And with Jordan you are talking 1st team all defense, nine times. Derozan is a 6'7 pylon in a Spur's jersey....

Nobody in their right mind is claiming that Lebron would not excel in the 90's. With that strength and quickness, there is no denying it. What people see lacking in him is killer instinct and clutchness. And I actually give him a pass more often than not on the lack of a clutch-gene argument, because he does make the right basketball play most of the time.

DeRozan with iso ball, midrange, Stern protection and being guarded by accountant Ehlo or grocery bagger Stark?

40 ppg easily

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are not taking into account the overall physicality of the two hand-checking, allowed era. Derozan goes to the lane in this weak defensive era and they clear it for him like they are making way for the Pope. Do that in the 90's and get wheeled out in a chair if you were playing Det/NYK/PHI And it's probably not even a flagrant foul.

And with Jordan you are talking 1st team all defense, nine times. Derozan is a 6'7 pylon in a Spur's jersey....

Nobody in their right mind is claiming that Lebron would not excel in the 90's. With that strength and quickness, there is no denying it. What people see lacking in him is killer instinct and clutchness. And I actually give him a pass more often than not on the lack of a clutch-gene argument, because he does make the right basketball play most of the time.
    Agreed. I'm watching this old Knicks vs Rockets game 7 and one thing I notice is how hard it is to get an open shot. The Rockets even back then were a team that relied heavily on the 3 point shot. If you watch this game you see how the Knicks are able to close in on all of their shooters simply because they are given leeway by the refs to bump and handcheck whoever has the ball on the perimeter. This was the norm back then during the 90's. If you implemented this type of rule today you would see 3 point shooting percentages drop along with attempts.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordon choking hard here, doing the things LeBron gets criticized for

Magic Horace Grant getting carried off on Michael's home court.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

40 ppg easily
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol hand checking:

- it has 0 impact on skilled players

- it’s not defense; if you have to hand check then you’re a defensive player

- Refs called handchecking regularly back then (especially when someone was guarding Jordan ; don’t believe the old heads narratives

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Donovan Mitc and Rudy Gobert die yet?

It's a good thing the NBA canceled the season.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If all you are doing is watching youtube clips from the 90's then you wont see it. But if you lived it and watched it, you saw two hands, hand checking allowed all the time. MJ did get preferential treatment but not right away. Detroit destroyed him for many years prior to that.

I don't disagree that you are not a great defensive player if it's all about physicality. It's why I never really respected Bowen and his antics. I thought Shawn Marion, for example was the better defender as he did it without placing his foot under jump shooters.

Lol hand checking:

- it has 0 impact on skilled players

- it’s not defense; if you have to hand check then you’re a defensive player

- Refs called handchecking regularly back then (especially when someone was guarding Jordan ; don’t believe the old heads narratives

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That series and John Starks bricks were hard on the eyes lol .

Agreed. I'm watching this old Knicks vs Rockets game 7 and one thing I notice is how hard it is to get an open shot. The Rockets even back then were a team that relied heavily on the 3 point shot. If you watch this game you see how the Knicks are able to close in on all of their shooters simply because they are given leeway by the refs to bump and handcheck whoever has the ball on the perimeter. This was the norm back then during the 90's. If you implemented this type of rule today you would see 3 point shooting percentages drop along with attempts.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

at the Rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls gm fired

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP KAT's mom

(Covid)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP KAT's mom

(Covid)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Donovan Mitc and Rudy Gobert die yet?

It's a good thing the NBA canceled the season.
    What a horrible post, especially now in April since we know so much more.

If the NBA didn't stop even that game, much less the season, most of the NBA and coaches/training staff/support staff and their families would be infected. Some, especially the seniors and immunocompromised, could die or become severely ill. And that's a lot of support people who don't have millions to be able to afford 2-3 weeks in a hospital either.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a horrible post, especially now in April since we know so much more.

If the NBA didn't stop even that game, much less the season, most of the NBA and coaches/training staff/support staff and their families would be infected. Some, especially the seniors and immunocompromised, could die or become severely ill. And that's a lot of support people who don't have millions to be able to afford 2-3 weeks in a hospital either.
    Yea, we know unhealthy people sometimes die from COVID 19. Basically what we knew in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ray allen continues to be one of the more overrated players.

Thread Information