Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 money for a #3 guy, maybe #2b if you squint real hard. Talk about bidding against yourself. Dude was gonna be a RFA next season, what the are you giving him this kind of coin for right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should've let him hit the RFA market, no way anybody would've offered him that kind of deal with all the cap tied up. Would've been a lot cheaper

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    #1 money for a #3 guy, maybe #2b if you squint real hard. Talk about bidding against yourself. Dude was gonna be a RFA next season, what the are you giving him this kind of coin for right now.

When you can ink baby kawahi or the next Scottie pippen as celtics fan say you do it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    should've let him hit the RFA market, no way anybody would've offered him that kind of deal with all the cap tied up. Would've been a lot cheaper
    This, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Agree 100%
    It's one of my NBA pain points paying borderline all-stars as franchise pillars.
    As Deeps point out its sorta the price of doing business or you lose talent without compensation.
    But If I was in charge of the Celts, I would have flipped him for a 1st rounder prior to the draft if this was the asking price.
    Kid was a top 5 draft pick iin the Simmons draft. Pretty sure they could get a lotto protected first for him.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 10-22-2019 at 11:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would’ve been better off trading him for a one year Kawhi rental.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Would’ve been better off trading him for a one year Kawhi rental.
    Think they offered but Spurs wanted Tatum and I dont blame them.
    IF tatum was key to an AD deal why would PATFO take less for a better player or at least similar talent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t understand their cap situation. They are going to supermax Tatum next year right? So you have 31 million in Hayward, 35 million in Kemba, and now 29 million in Brown. Plus the 40 million coming up for Tatum. They’re in cap and at best a second round team.

I hope this means the Spurs trade for Hayward tbh bc he’s a much better fit than Demar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How good is his defense supposed to be? Like is he potentially a lockdown defender or just slightly above average?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How good is his defense supposed to be? Like is he potentially a lockdown defender or just slightly above average?
    I think they thought lock down but to me lock down is prime Kawhi or even Bowen who was a notch below that I think his defense is more potentially prime Danny Green level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this point, the latter. no accolades to speak of. his D RPM was 0.10, so nothing noteworthy there. but he has the physical traits and the effort/ethic to be a great defender, and you usually dont see that. he's also still 22, so plenty of room to improve. but nah, he's not at danny green/tony allen level or anything like that right now

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    at this point, the latter. no accolades to speak of. his D RPM was 0.10, so nothing noteworthy there. but he has the physical traits and the effort/ethic to be a great defender, and you usually dont see that. he's also still 22, so plenty of room to improve. but nah, he's not at danny green/tony allen level or anything like that right now
    I think prime Tony Allen was better than Danny and Prime Kawhi better than both...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow, if hes just slightly above average this is a face palm scenario of a deal

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn near $29M per. That's not bad? -100 points son.
    I want to say I agree. But it's became readily apparent that tens of millions is not that big a deal in today's NBA.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they thought lock down but to me lock down is prime Kawhi or even Bowen who was a notch below that I think his defense is more potentially prime Danny Green level
    I've never once watched him play and even had the passing thought of lockdown defender. Is it possible I wasn't paying enough attention? Yes, but I doubt it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I've never once watched him play and even had the passing thought of lockdown defender. Is it possible I wasn't paying enough attention? Yes, but I doubt it.
    Again I said potential... Not in actuality

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again I said potential... Not in actuality
    Possible I guess. But it seems like the lockdown defender signs are usually there early on.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I want to say I agree. But it's became readily apparent that tens of millions is not that big a deal in today's NBA.
    It will be when that Chinese bag runs out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My god that contract is just obscene. Wtf celtics

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    That's alot of money for a roleplayer thats no elite at anything.

Horrible contract. Just as bad as the Parsons and Batum contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics. 28 million sure doesn’t get you much nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaylen Brown ting on all of us tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaylen Brown ting on all of us tbh
    He's gonna be the Finals MVP, tbh

Thread Information