Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It will, because it will be compared to other deals made during the same time, and it's just a plain good deal. We can't structure a deal for something that may or may not happen in the future, Murray likely wouldn't have accepted something below current market value for a what if. This was a good deal for both sides. Murray gets $ security, Spurs get a very team friendly deal if Murray makes the jump from good defensive player to a true cog in a big 3.
    Such a great smart deal on both sides...
    BROWN, Hield and Sabonis not so much...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably. Paranoid Spurs fans think Klutch is out to get 'em but the truth is Marcus Morris screwed over Klutch and the Spurs. In order to regain trust, Klutch needs to show they are willing to work with teams -- even small market teams.

Well done.
    You said 50-60 million and we gave him 64. It’s above your maximum projection. Not much of a solid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said 50-60 million and we gave him 64. It’s above your maximum projection. Not much of a solid.
    Eh... still solid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan not getting an extension would be noteworthy enough for someone like Woj or Shams (or Jeff []) to find out specifically, I'd imagine.
    Just tell me it's okay to stop being worried tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dude, did you see what other people got? This is probably the best contract the PATFO has had this decade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan not getting an extension would be noteworthy enough for someone like Woj or Shams (or Jeff []) to find out specifically, I'd imagine.
    Woj just announced an extension for Ingles like 5 minutes ago...

We aren't in the clear yet.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not anti-DeMar and think he deserves a 2nd year with a healthy squad to really prove how he can fit.

But extending him now makes absolutely no sense, especially at the price he would be demanding.
    Haven't ruled out Derozan not getting an extension until somebody reports it tbh. The Spurs not offering him one would definitely seem noteworthy so the silence about it post-deadline is a little concerning.

I've been wondering if the CBA changed, but from what I have read, it hasn't.

Extensions to contracts that are not rookie scale contracts (i.e., veteran extensions) may be signed up to June 30, the day before the player would have become a free agent.
    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q58

DeRozan was never on a timer for an extension. They can wait until 06/30 to do one, just like Houston did with Paul. This is bad for those who want DeMar gone, but it's good for those who are open to an extension and want to see if he's improved. Personally, I expect them to get something done with him this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO

Great contracts for Sabonis and Murray...

Celtics....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My faith in humanity is temporarily restored. Thanks PATFO!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeRozan was never on a timer for an extension. They can wait until 06/30 to do one, just like Houston did with Paul. This is bad for those who want DeMar gone, but it's good for those who are open to an extension and want to see if he's improved. Personally, I expect them to get something done with him this year.
    Thanks Chinook. I had assumed from this thread that his deadline was tonight, but perhaps that's not the case...which makes sense considering the radio silence we've heard since the last report that it was being "discussed".

I'm fine with the Spurs extending the DaMar on two conditions...that he can prove he is a fit for the system, and as long as it doesn't interfere with the 2021 plan.
    Last edited by Dex; 10-21-2019 at 06:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO

I'm surprised that JMurray contract has flown so under the radar. That's a complete albatross of a contract for such a scrub.

IB > JMurray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shiiiii ... that is what the link says. Good find. Looks like a lot more sweating on the horizon

But, yeah, if that's the case, it's not bad news. They can wait to see how it's working out with Dejounte in the mix before they make a decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope demar tears his Achilles so we don’t sign his bum ass tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ good find

Still, curious how many players have signed the extension after the season starts (and before it ends). Feels like this was a de facto “deadline.” Both team and player have many incentives to wait it out: Spurs are lukewarm on a big long term deal; DDR knows he’ll be the only real “star” on the market this summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope demar tears his Achilles so we don’t sign his bum ass tbh
    Damn that’s cold son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now we can look forward to complaining about Forbes contract next summer!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now we can look forward to complaining about Forbes contract next summer!
    I have no sense of what his market is. Dude has a skill in demand, and is a good worker. I can see him getting way more than Jakob

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoping this can be a Curry like deal in the sense he he outplays the value of his contract much like Curry did when he signed his first big deal at low value due to injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ good find

Still, curious how many players have signed the extension after the season starts (and before it ends). Feels like this was a de facto “deadline.” Both team and player have many incentives to wait it out: Spurs are lukewarm on a big long term deal; DDR knows he’ll be the only real “star” on the market this summer.
    It's not really that rare per capita, but the number of players with whom it makes sense is low. Most stars avoid extensions because they want to play the market, and most guys who aren't good enough to play the market that way don't warrant that future investment. But it does happen. The most recent in-season Spurs extension I can recall is Manu in 2009-2010. But Covington, Chris Paul and Nurkic are more recent examples from other teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great value deal. Gotta say Brian Wright has made some good moves, even the move to sign Marcus Morris was great until Morris decided to play for the Knicks

I'm curious to see what he can do at the deadline

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How dare you assume my gender!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Saw a tweet about this and shared it in the DeRozan thread. Deadline for DeMar is 6/30 next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How dare you assume my gender!!
    Well played and my apologies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wombat coming in at the end, putting in the work to get his lifetime contract.

Thread Information