Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Forbes plays like he did in the preseason in the regular season, it'd take like $80 million to re-sign him.

@ imagining that Spurs fan meltdown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Forbes plays like he did in the preseason in the regular season, it'd take like $80 million to re-sign him.

@ imagining that Spurs fan meltdown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes was #9 in the NBA in 3G% (.426), and the Spurs paid him $3M. In a league that values nothing so much as a 3 pointer, he's going to make a LOT more than that next summer, like 3,4 times that amount.
    Well the Spurs just gave away Bertrans for nothing, not even a future second rounder in return. Very odd if the league values 3 point shooting so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the Spurs just gave away Bertrans for nothing, not even a future second rounder in return. Very odd if the league values 3 point shooting so much.
    Not their fault. They had to make that trade to get Morris, who turned around and screwed them. Morris was a much better overall player.

"A coach can't change people," Gregg Popovich said before the Spurs obliterated the Nets on New Year's Eve. "They are who they are. No matter what team you're talking about, a coach can be observant and try to put his team in situations both on and off the court where some of that can develop, some of the camaraderie sorts of things. But you can't change people."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That $16M/year contract is starting to look like a steal,

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a steal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a max performance tonight, tb very h.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 24 mins too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte Murray has an incentive in his contract extension that potentially pays him a bonus based on his True Shooting Percentage. On top of his four-year $64M deal, hell get an added $500k in any year his TS% is 58 or higher. Not bloody likely, since his career TS% is 49.2, but certainly an incentive to shoot efficiently. He also can get $500k if he nets at least 125 3s in a season; hes converted 19 for his career entering this season.
    Article, but it's behind a paywall: https://theathletic.com/1323825/2019...ives-and-more/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that bonus is definitely worth it. Rudy Gay also has 1.5 million in bonuses depending on how far the Spurs go in the postseason

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great stuff, that's really interesting.

Manu had no trouble hitting a TS% of 58 in his prime, but Tony only did it twice. It should be a bit easier to hit by taking more threes, which Murray seems to be willing to do.

125 threes is a lot for someone like him, though. That's 38% on 4 attempts per game, and only if he plays all 82.

Is Pop finally, however grudgingly, trying to get his team to take more threes? The real proof will be if DDR starts jacking up more attempts, especially on catch-and-shoot opportunities that he should be able to knock down at a respectable rate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far so great. Microscopic Sample Size but he's 5th in PER right now among players with at least 10 minutes of action on basketball reference.

Thread Information