Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think we can get anything for him and since he wants to get paid i think he's gonna try his best this season. I say we keep him and let him walk no matter how he plays unless of course we go to the finals somehow, lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Raptors would absolutely want him back since the East is an absolute cakewalk and they could get back to the ECF. They won't get far in this seasons playoffs. DeRozan would go back ASAP too.
    I think the Knicks will offer him the max, they are just that dumb.

The problem for the Spurs is that there's absolutely no free agent next offseason who would improve the team if you let DeRozan walk. Like who do you sign? 33 old Gallinari? 34 year old Marvin Williams? Or maybe 35 year old Millsap? Porter and Hayward won't opt out, AD won't come here. That free agent class is just pure garbage.
    It makes way more sense to keep DeRozan around for one more year (and not longer). Him opting in would be ideal, but he probably won't do that. Even if this team somehow goes deep into the playoffs, he should never get the max. Team friendly deal under 30 million per year maybe, if he can hit 3s consistently.

This almost screams for a midseason trade, which the Spurs won't make.
    Bogdan Bogdanovic and Joe Harris will be available and both are preferable to DeRozan imo. Neither will demand anywhere near a max contract, both shoot the three, both are younger than DeRozan.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 10-24-2019 at 01:31 AM.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've had a hard time adjusting to the new salaries that are getting thrown around. Guys have gotten more than I thought they were worth, and it's a trend not a fluke. After seeing who all got extended and locked down, and after spending some time sizing up the weak FA class for next year, DeRozan is going to be one of the best available. Probably second to Anthony Davis, if he's really legitimately "available". If DDR doesn't screw up his value with a terrible season, it's almost hard for me to imagine now that someone won't throw max money at him.

I presume the Spurs could offer him more than anyone else? I don't think he especially loves it in SA, so that's really the only reason I could think that he would want SA to be the ones to give him that contract. I also don't know that any of us really know what goes on inside these guys' heads. But he does seem like he gets his feelings hurt about a lot of things. I hope he's not going to pout through the season.

One thing I do know: if he plays all season like he did tonight, he's not getting maxed by anybody. Maybe his best bet is to fake an injury and go to NY to rehab.

Look I'm so tired of everyone saying let the Spurs tear it down or rebuild

Oh man, if you get tired of repe ion, you're definitely in the wrong place.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can just dump him anywhere it would be addition by subtraction. He's really stunting the growth of Derrick White.
    Yeah, if Spurs could get anything of value for him that would be a win. They could have just given all his minutes to Lonnie Walker tonight and I don't see how the team could have been worse for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He airballs floaters. Give him the max

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sucked for three quarters but pulled the sinking spurs ship out of the mud in the 4th. secured the w. sorry spurstalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ A bad 3 quarters followed by a pretty damn good 4th and got us the lead.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to get further a part. I don't understand how a so called top player in the league can continue to be just invisible have so little impact on a game. If they give him a max they might as well sign Melo while they are at it and let him play with Mills and Beli. Burn that to the ground...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly if DEROZZ, Mills, and Marco got hurt that would be the best thing for us as it would force Pop to play Walker, Keldon, Murray and White more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was clear he was sulking last night. 1 point through basically 3 quarters and playing passive af. Not a good look, to the point where he had to be taken out of the game during a long stretch where we were being obliterated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And getting farther every day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting to think that he opts in to next season, there is really only one team that would likely pursue him (Charlotte) because of Jordowner.

Not all bad; gives the Spurs an extra year of DDR, LMA and Gay then, possibly, let the three of them walk after next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly if DEROZZ, Mills, and Marco got hurt that would be the best thing for us as it would force Pop to play Walker, Keldon, Murray and White more.
    I’ll say it again:
    DDR + Mills + Beli for equal value 6’ 7” 3D deadeye and a musclebound (with an edge) PF who is serviceable and there you go.

Young guys got to step up and LMA.

It’s a dream I know...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eactly my point couldn't agree more ....that's why I hate when people complain about wiggins

id so prefer a starting five of:
    Murray
    white/Forbes
    wiggins
    poertl (spelling)
    LA

way more athleticly gifted team shooting is improving but I think ball would move all around better they can break down a defense and second chance points rebounds is where we would clean up they all better than average rebounders at their respective positions ....the pressure is on nobody and we don't have to pay a max for an old DD who just is a very good player but not for this team the way it's currently being built. Wiggins contract would be actually cap friendly for his age athletetism and potential under pop oh and way better defensively by far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll say it again:
    DDR + Mills + Beli for equal value 6’ 7” 3D deadeye and a musclebound (with an edge) PF who is serviceable and there you go.

Young guys got to step up and LMA.

It’s a dream I know...
    Those 3 players make $45 million, unless we're trading them for Kawhi, their isn't a player that fits that description in that salary range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eactly my point couldn't agree more ....that's why I hate when people complain about wiggins

id so prefer a starting five of:
    Murray
    white/Forbes
    wiggins
    poertl (spelling)
    LA

way more athleticly gifted team shooting is improving but I think ball would move all around better they can break down a defense and second chance points rebounds is where we would clean up they all better than average rebounders at their respective positions ....the pressure is on nobody and we don't have to pay a max for an old DD who just is a very good player but not for this team the way it's currently being built. Wiggins contract would be actually cap friendly for his age athletetism and potential under pop oh and way better defensively by far.
    It's not like people are wrong about Wiggins, he's not a good player who's making the max. He's far, far worse than DeRozan. If he ever got to DDR's level then he wouldn't be such a disappointment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those 3 players make $45 million, unless we're trading them for Kawhi, their isn't a player that fits that description in that salary range.
    "
    It’s a dream I know..."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting to think that he opts in to next season, there is really only one team that would likely pursue him (Charlotte) because of Jordowner.

Not all bad; gives the Spurs an extra year of DDR, LMA and Gay then, possibly, let the three of them walk after next season.
    DDR will likely walk after this season, if things continue as they are. Gay and LMA are signed until the summer of 2021. I would actually like LMA to sign again in 2021, but I think he may go back to PDX like he said he would. He'd be 36, but would probably have 2-3 years left in the tank. Big men just age better. He also seems to have toughened up a bit since his first year or two here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the Lakers are not performing like they want spurs should trade them their "third star" to fill out our roster. Too bad most of their players outside the top are garbage

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the Lakers are not performing like they want spurs should trade them their "third star" to fill out our roster. Too bad most of their players outside the top are garbage
    They already traded everyone worth a damn to get AD. The earliest first-rounder they can trade is something like 2027.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They already traded everyone worth a damn to get AD. The earliest first-rounder they can trade is something like 2027.
    I wouldn't mind trading him for Kuzma and Green tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind trading him for Kuzma and Green tbh
    I'd take that trade all day if they'd put it on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything is possible with the Lakers re ed FO. I mean they literally gave Zubac to the Clippers for free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see Derozan going to Lakers. Not only do lakes and Sa not play nice but Derozan legit seems like he hates that atmosphere. He’s on video saying no to playing with lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Gordon Hayward is looking good again. I wish we could’ve traded for him in the offseason by unloading Demar and a pick. I’m sure Boston would’ve bit. They were desperate and had no way of knowing if he would come back the same player.

Thread Information