Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because this could NEVER go into the already existing DD extension thread....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't posted and the fact they are not close is news worthy imo. Cry to a mod if it bothers you that much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs probably wanted an Aldridge-type extension, where he opts in and gets another couple of years at $27-30 mil, but he's absolutely right to test next year's market. Some stupid team like Knicks or Hornets will give him a max or near max contract and the Spurs should move on. Doubt they'd trade him unless the season is going terribly and they get a decent offer at the trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    given his mental weakness I have my doubts this will lead to good decisions by him on the court

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's too flawed of a player to get a max contract. Maybe if he shows more commitment on the defensive end or improves his 3pt shooting volume and accuracy then maybe he might be worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs probably wanted an Aldridge-type extension, where he opts in and gets another couple of years at $27-30 mil, but he's absolutely right to test next year's market. Some stupid team like Knicks or Hornets will give him a max or near max contract and the Spurs should move on. Doubt they'd trade him unless the season is going terribly and they get a decent offer at the trade deadline.
    Knicks specifically used up cap space that could be used for this summer because the FAs are trash. Hornet's might be a option if they have the space.

Giving him the L A extension would actually be a good price for him, he'd make something like $27.6, $31.6 and $34.6. That's less than 25% of the cap each of the next 3 seasons but the fit issue makes it less than a no-brainer.
    Last edited by cd021; 10-22-2019 at 01:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait until the Spurs have moved on from this DeMar situation. It honestly makes me feel a little anxious and the thought about extending him to a max contract is ridiculous. Please trade him!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure the Spurs should even sign him. This season will be a good test to see if he can adjust his game to the modern NBA. No more excuses or "A matter of choosing to take 3's".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't forget the Raptors, they will have about 60 Million in cap space next offseason. They will offer him the max for sure

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait until the Spurs have moved on from this DeMar situation. It honestly makes me feel a little anxious and the thought about extending him to a max contract is ridiculous. Please trade him!
    Absolutely this!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you always have to be a got?

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is legit the best news for the Spurs since they won it all in 2014.

I'm completely serious, DeBrick is a disaster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't forget the Raptors, they will have about 60 Million in cap space next offseason. They will offer him the max for sure
    Pretty sure that isn't true, they extended Lowry and Pascal for a combined $63 million for next season, dont see them tying up their books for a reunion for DeRozan- if they even can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he wants that big an offer, he needs to show that he can hit the three (or, , even make some attempts) consistently and play defense. he's not worth any max until he can demonstrate this.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they want him back at max money after salary dumping him already?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    lot of time to get it done obviously but the fact the he and the spurs are "far apart" (assuming derozan wants the max) tells me maybe the FO has learned from the last couple years. time will tell, but that murray contract was a steal so maybe they pulled their collective heads out of their asses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of Derozan and not having to extend him was probably just as sweet as the championship for the Raptors, not sure why they would max him next summer just because a subset of re ed Toronto fans miss him...

It literally doesn't matter if they have no assets left to show for trading him away. They got a championship and don't have to their cap space for the next 4-5 years and all it cost them was Jakob Poetl and a late 1st rounder....

The trade was a 360 dunk for Masai. If the Mute would have re-signed then it would have been a 360 between the legs off the backboard dunk but they still absolutely crushed the trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of Derozan and not having to extend him was probably just as sweet as the championship for the Raptors, not sure why they would max him next summer just because a subset of re ed Toronto fans miss him...

It literally doesn't matter if they have no assets left to show for trading him away. They got a championship and don't have to their cap space for the next 4-5 years and all it cost them was Jakob Poetl and a late 1st rounder....

The trade was a 360 dunk for Masai. If the Mute would have re-signed then it would have been a 360 between the legs off the backboard dunk but they still absolutely crushed the trade
    That 'dunk' went off the back of the rim when they extended Lowry for $30M. People here because the Spurs won't burn it down and rebuild, but Masai, who absolutely blinked when he had a clear opportunity to do so, is some sort of dunk artist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't sign him and use his expiring as trade value would be the best decision.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet. I hope he goes balls to the wall for his contract and we're able to S+T for a potential "today's NBA" scorer since DJ and DW aren't going to be those guys.

I wonder where people think we're going to get buckets from once the Spurs get out from under DMR. LMA isn't the answer, nor should even be thought of one beyond this year.

As fashionable as it is to hate on the guy, there isn't a player more essential to the Spurs this season than DeMar. Aside from being the typical ST-"fan" schtick of rooting against players and the even stupider "TANK" fans, people should be excited, this could/should light a fire under his ass and help us reach the "sleeper" potential we have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could want to go back to the Raptors---Spurs have a pretty good record in according to player's wishes on something like that if it could be worked out---or he could hate the idea of going back to a team that got rid of him for a better player for one year. I don't know if Raptors have anyone to trade thh. You trade engineers could come up with a trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are such a

Thread Information