Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    13 Million dollars to sit on the bench
    50 Million dollars to wave on the bench
    Gave up Bertans to score 23 in a perfect revenge
    oh how I miss timmy, manu, kawhi and the french.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second game of the season.
    We won the game.
    You're right on all accounts.
    You're still a raging re .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I dnt understand some of the rotations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh how I miss timmy, manu, kawhi and the french.
    In that order

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to start over Trey Lyles, who I have no idea what he does at an above average level. He was a benchwarmer in Denver, has some of the worst advanced stats I’ve ever seen, and is a more timid shooter than Fathead.

Carroll can be our PJ Tucker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carroll is still not over himself. His clothes obviously take precedent. Work in progress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think DeMarre will play more as the season progresses and he gets more comfortable in the system tbh.

I will say that I wish his Contract was only 2 years and had a team option on the 2nd year.. but then he wouldn’t have signed here, so I digress. Thankfully that 3rd year is only partially guarantee at like $1.5M or something. Makes his contract easily tradable after this season or he could just be bought out after his 2nd year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO have to be given credit for a lot they do right which has been overwhelmingly good; but they have not done themselves many favors in fa. They struggle more than one would think for such an amazing franchise in that area.

Hard to blame them since their drafting/developing prowess has still allowed unparalleled success, but man, not doing themselves favors in the FA department. Legit weakness in the organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO have to be given credit for a lot they do right which has been overwhelmingly good; but they have not done themselves many favors in fa. They struggle more than one would think for such an amazing franchise in that area.

Hard to blame them since their drafting/developing prowess has still allowed unparalleled success, but man, not doing themselves favors in the FA department. Legit weakness in the organization.
    The guy they really coveted bailed, so can't knock them too bad for the Lyles pickup.

Also, did it ever occur to the numbskulls on here that Carroll is older and has a lot of tread on his tires while Lyles is young, fresher and can use minutes early in the season? I'd be surprised to see Lyles continue to play the starting PF all season, especially if he can't turnaround his woeful outside shooting.

The loss of Davis was collateral damage attempting to acquire Morris, obviously if they could have done it over again they would retained him. No, let's instead complain that he played well (great for Davis & I hope he keeps it up) in a losing effort.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a got twice decorated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy they really coveted bailed, so can't knock them too bad for the Lyles pickup.

Also, did it ever occur to the numbskulls on here that Carroll is older and has a lot of tread on his tires while Lyles is young, fresher and can use minutes early in the season? I'd be surprised to see Lyles continue to play the back up PF all season, especially if he can't turnaround his woeful outside shooting.
    It really isn't stupid to wonder why your one major offseason pickup isn't sniffing any minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really isn't stupid to wonder why your one major offseason pickup isn't sniffing any minutes.
    He is older, Lyles is younger. Need to see if Lyles can stick in the rotation, Carroll is a known commodity and may need time to "rev up" for playoffs (ala Horry).

Also, Pop likes to play "mad scientist" with his personnel and rotation early in the season. Serious question, are y'all actually aware of the M.O. of the coach of the Spurs?

Cause it seems to me y'all waste a lot of time ing and moaning about he has done for nearly 25 years.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is older, Lyles is younger. Need to see if Lyles can stick in the rotation, Carroll is a known commodity and may need time to "rev up" for playoffs (ala Horry).

Also, Pop likes to play "mad scientist" with his personnel and rotation early in the season. Serious question, are y'all actually aware of the M.O. of the coach of the Spurs?

Cause it seems to me y'all waste a lot of time ing and moaning about he has done for nearly 25 years.....
    I see your point but it's also reasonable to worry about how good an acquisition Carroll was, tbh. He could be washed up for all we know. When we see Morris and Bertans going off on us for back to back games while Carroll is towel waiving, it's understandable to be annoyed by that. 2-0 is great and all but we're looking long term. I hope Carroll isn't washed up but if he's to get acclimated into this system, he needs to play soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just the second game of the season and you can at least try to spell his name right smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just the second game of the season and you can at least try to spell his name right smh.
    Pop might not know either, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carroll not playing is downright crazy, he was good last season. He is better than Beli and certainly better than Lyle's in the role of stretch 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-There is a difference between revving up and not turning on the car to begin with. Pop not playing a healthy Carroll is just odd. He needs to get acclimated to the system too and is far more likely to stick in the rotation than Lyles. He can defend and shoot, also has an ability to draw fouls too. That's pretty valuable on this team.

-Pop playing mad scientist is one thing but not playing a clear rotation player for the first two games is just weird, I can't think of a time he's done that before. Meanwhile Lyles got a later start with the system and is actually starting. Carroll is clearly better than him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    OP needs to calm down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m almost wondering if he has some sort of injury so pop is holding him out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carroll looked bad in preseason. Like not worth more than the minimum bad. Then again it's not surprising that PATFO is overpaying old vets. That's what they always do, they are still paying Pau Gasol 5.2 million this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't too happy with Carroll when I went back to watch the Nets games on my DVR and he was basically trash on defense. Getting blown by, not affecting shots. If his advanced defensive stats weren't terrible it was a fluke of guys just missing unbothered shots. Fashionable Cunningham.

Had shot under 35% 2 of past 3 seasons, and was a giant failure when Toronto depended on him to be a player.

Surprised that Pop isn't even playing him, not surprised that he wouldn't be good enough to play. But not being deserving of minutes doesn't affect if Pop gives a player minutes anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't too happy with Carroll when I went back to watch the Nets games on my DVR and he was basically trash on defense. Getting blown by, not affecting shots. If his advanced defensive stats weren't terrible it was a fluke of guys just missing unbothered shots. Fashionable Cunningham.

Had shot under 35% 2 of past 3 seasons, and was a giant failure when Toronto depended on him to be a player.

Surprised that Pop isn't even playing him, not surprised that he wouldn't be good enough to play. But not being deserving of minutes doesn't affect if Pop gives a player minutes anyway.
    From Atlanta, on, he's shot 36.5% from 3 on a increasingly high volume- last season he and Forbes shot them at the same rate per minute.

He's far better than Cunningham defensively though is probably only about slightly better than average on that end.

At worst, he's better than Beli considering that he can hold his own on D, space the floor (though not as well but almost as aggressively) and also draw fouls despite having limited touches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carroll looked bad in preseason. Like not worth more than the minimum bad. Then again it's not surprising that PATFO is overpaying old vets. That's what they always do, they are still paying Pau Gasol 5.2 million this year.
    He looked fine in the games I watched, he's not that old, he's barely 33 and by the time the guaranteed portion of his 3 year deal is up he'll only be 34 and younger than Aldridge now.

It's not like he suddenly become washed just playing 18 minutes a game over the next couple of seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could be worse tbh...

Lakers are paying Luol Deng $5 million this year...
    And $5 million next year...
    And $5 million in 2021-22...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looked fine in the games I watched, he's not that old, he's barely 33 and by the time the guaranteed portion of his 3 year deal is up he'll only be 34 and younger than Aldridge now.

It's not like he suddenly become washed just playing 18 minutes a game over the next couple of seasons.
    I mean it could be that he was just coasting. I'd like to see him out there in real games too

It could be worse tbh...

Lakers are paying Luol Deng $5 million this year...
    And $5 million next year...
    And $5 million in 2021
    One of the worst FOs of the league shouldn't be the measuring stick tbh

Thread Information