Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only LeKiwi was still here with his Little General running mate. MVPatty lookin like prime Penny again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One game - problem is Pop will ride this performance all year against a very hurt team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A great game by Mills, but cmon, It’s a reeling Warriors team in disarray that just lost Curry as well. It’s a Bonner moment for Mills.

Most people acknowledge Mills doesn’t outright suck (his defense is bad though), and that he is a great piece to a team. But a very small piece. He’s just not good enough to justify his contract and play as many minutes as he’s given in the lineups Pop plays him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A great game by Mills, but cmon, It’s a reeling Warriors team in disarray that just lost Curry as well. It’s a Bonner moment for Mills.

Most people acknowledge Mills doesn’t outright suck (his defense is bad though), and that he is a great piece to a team. But a very small piece. He’s just not good enough to justify his contract and play as many minutes as he’s given in the lineups Pop plays him.
    People think that Patty is some massive overpay. WHEN HIS CONTRACT WAS SIGNED, someone posted that it was the 110th highest n the league. His PER was 114th the previous year. This is the new NBA, folks. $12M is the new $5M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People think that Patty is some massive overpay. WHEN HIS CONTRACT WAS SIGNED, someone posted that it was the 110th highest n the league. His PER was 114th the previous year. This is the new NBA, folks. $12M is the new $5M.

They could’ve had him for the new $3M if they didn’t outbid themselves at midnight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No one expects Mills to put up 31 every night...but if he can get his shot back on line and put up 8-10 efficient points off the bench, he will be worth his money. Mills, fortunately, can bring some other things to the table if he isn't hitting shots (unlike Beli)...but he becomes much more valuable if there is even the threat of him pulling up from three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people are just miserable--they'll hate on anything or anyone just to make themselves feel better. Wombat might not be anything special but he's still an NBA player while most of you are just fat and lazy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people are just miserable--they'll hate on anything or anyone just to make themselves feel better. Wombat might not be anything special but he's still an NBA player while most of you are just fat and lazy
    I mean if you’re gonna take that stance then you can’t criticize any NBA player because they’re (probably) all richer, more athletic than us. sports are fun

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes and Mills starting out the season on the right foot. But I was still right when I said they needed to be benched for Game 7 vs. Denver.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where was that Patty vs Denver series?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a problem with Mills this season. Forbes is the starter, so if you sub in Mills for Forbes that's an adequate replacement. The problem is when Pop starts to play Mills with Forbes or Belinelli. Spurs can hide one player on defense, but hiding 2 makes it a lot harder. By the way I wish Mills could have just one game like this in the playoffs. That would really help

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Orsborn: Patty says it’s important for #Spurs in these tough times “to still enjoy what we are doing, still enjoy doing it w/ each other & have fun. That’s what we need at this point. You can’t always do it, but that’s what we need – try to find an enjoyment in playing with each other.”

"Now THAT'S culture! That's what's needed here."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty needs to sit on the bench and enjoy it as someone else plays defense.
    Better yet trade his weak ass defense to some other team so he can enjoy playing no defense somewhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoken like someone who knows he ain’t even getting benched. So yeah, that’s easy for him to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will somebody please smash Patty's hand in a car door by accident? Ok thx.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty should be the closer from now on. He has the classic Spurs clutch gene. No more DeRozan bricks please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty should be the closer from now on. He has the classic Spurs clutch gene. No more DeRozan bricks please
    If this is where the Spurs are at...sheesh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beating Phoenix minus their two best players in the only arena with more fat Mexicans in it than the ATT Center hardly qualifies one for the clutch gene tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beating Phoenix minus their two best players in the only arena with more fat Mexicans in it than the ATT Center hardly qualifies one for the clutch gene tbh.
    Mills has made these type of shots for his entire Spurs career. Last year against the Lakers, clutch 3s in the playoffs. He's far from being my favorite player, but if your other closers are DeMar DeFrozan, Lamarcus Aldridge and washed up Rudy Gay, I pick Patty Mills any day.

You're right that these are some lucky embarassing wins, I give you that

If this is where the Spurs are at...sheesh.
    that's exacty where they are at. I take Lonnie Walker too, but other than that this team consists of a bunch of chokers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop bumping this thread, he sux monkey ass you dumb s

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills has made these type of shots for his entire Spurs career. Last year against the Lakers, clutch 3s in the playoffs. He's far from being my favorite player, but if your other closers are DeMar DeFrozan, Lamarcus Aldridge and washed up Rudy Gay, I pick Patty Mills any day.

You're right that these are some lucky embarassing wins, I give you that
    Patty was 3-22 from 3P in the playoffs last year. But never mind that. We all know that Patty's biggest issue is on the defensive end.

Honestly, I would put Patty in the SL over Forbes in a heartbeat this season. I just threw up in my mouth a little from saying it. But Forbes is a losing proposition. I sure as wouldn't have trusted that last shot to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where was that Patty vs Denver series?
    Or against the Warriors, Okc, etc.

We have these ty Mills threads every season and he inevitably always disappoints...With that said, good game...But him because he's killing our chances at a decent pick. Can't wait until he leads us into the playoffs only to choke once they begin.

Thread Information