Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Did this dude really write a Chikfila song?

I’m actually digging most of this album, but I’m a Yeezy stan. It’s getting trashed online tho, as expected.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don’t get the love for him. He’s annoying and a weird jesus freak. I’ve seen him at festivals twice and he ing sucks live.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Pity post.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Name
    You pronounce my name "Kwah-li," any questions?
    I bring many blessings with my man Hi-Tek and he from the 'Natti....
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    It's a really good album. Only Kanye could sample a car alarm on a track that also features Kenny G and make it sound amazing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    It's a gospel album Kanye coverting millions of brothers and sisters

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    even non-binary

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Kentucky Wildcats
    Best comedy album I’ve heard in a while

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Best comedy album I’ve heard in a while

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I was going to trash Kanye and claim that he hasn't made a good album in years, but KIDS SEE GHOSTS and Daytona exist.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Follow God is fire but the rest is trash tbh

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don’t get the love for him. He’s annoying and a weird jesus freak. I’ve seen him at festivals twice and he ing sucks live.
    Rap in general sucks live. Its definitely not a concert genre.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah I don't know when it happened but several of the last rap concerts I've been to are basically collections of 1-minute song segments.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Fair call actually. I did see Nas live and he was great but can't think of many others

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Fair call actually. I did see Nas live and he was great but can't think of many others
    I've tried so many live-action rap concerts. My all time faves like Wu and UGK to washed up acts that take car show gigs like Bone and basically every Houston rapper that didn't make it out of Houston; almost were all rotten. Best ones I saw were everyone on a Jedi Mind Tricks show where everyone except Vinnie Paz was solid. Also, saw a Mos-Def show that had MF Doom and some Dex Jux dudes when I went to Jersey back in the day.

Seen Eminem, Hova, Wu, UGK, Cube, E-40, too many Swisha-House rappers and a few more live- even the DJs sucked. It's not that they couldn't rap, it's just not a genre that lends itself to live performances beyond maybe a simple beatbox and freestyles/battles where the shock-n-awe of a good rhyme resonates.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I've tried so many live-action rap concerts. My all time faves like Wu and UGK to washed up acts that take car show gigs like Bone and basically every Houston rapper that didn't make it out of Houston; almost were all rotten. Best ones I saw were everyone on a Jedi Mind Tricks show where everyone except Vinnie Paz was solid. Also, saw a Mos-Def show that had MF Doom and some Dex Jux dudes when I went to Jersey back in the day.

Seen Eminem, Hova, Wu, UGK, Cube, E-40, too many Swisha-House rappers and a few more live- even the DJs sucked. It's not that they couldn't rap, it's just not a genre that lends itself to live performances beyond maybe a simple beatbox and freestyles/battles where the shock-n-awe of a good rhyme resonates.
    Dude, seriously, Jedi Mind Tricks

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

They never can get the sound quite right or at least when I've seen acts here. Mos Def and MF Doom... wow that would be ing sick.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dude, seriously, Jedi Mind Tricks
    LOL, yeah, everyone has that band/group. I love a lot of the rappers they associate with and the producer is dope as , probably the most under rated producer ever. Not a fan on Vinnie Paz's rhymes - he's always going to kill someone for Allah every track- but they always have so many guests on their tracks so the real rappers make the beats even more enjoyable. Violent by Design and Servants in Heaven, Kings in are some of the most well built hip hop albums of their time.

But I love Reef the Lost Cauze and Apathy, they were touring as AOTP. Got to see them, they were awesome.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They never can get the sound quite right or at least when I've seen acts here. Mos Def and MF Doom... wow that would be ing sick.
    Was very, very sick. Mos Def's live band was playing too, so it was definitely better than the average rap concert.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have seen some great rap concerts though. Kendrick is a great show. Travis Scott was actually really good and I'm not a huge fan. The Watch the Throne tour was solid.

Best one was a private event in 2011 with Jay-Z backed by The Roots.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Eminem is decent because he at least puts real musician's to actually play real music live.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets

I counter that with Beastie Boys in the late 90’s....top 3 concert for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Was very, very sick. Mos Def's live band was playing too, so it was definitely better than the average rap concert.
    That's so ing good... jealous

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You couldn't pay me enough to attend a rap concert. Might as well attend a debate, basically the same thing without making up just to rhyme.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    College
    Clemson Tigers
    You couldn't pay me enough to attend a rap concert. Might as well attend a debate, basically the same thing without making up just to rhyme.
    ok boomer

Thread Information