Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    #POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you propose to accomplish this without tanking? It's fine if you want to tank but you didn't say that. It's funny that ball is trash, Ingram has a heart problem, and we got poertle and Keldon with ddr.
    its obvious that there two ways to accomplish this : by tanking or via trade.
    Look how they played last two games. All of them was better in a game than any other our player. U compare poeltle and keldon to ball and ingram??please...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eh, i do think pop tends to sit on younger players and not give them enough minutes early, and then by the time they are somewhat in the rotation near the end of the season, he then sits them out in the playoffs because "they're not ready"... when maybe you could have spent the 82 game regular season as the time to get them ready. even if it costs you a few games in december/january, the team could be better off as you near april/may. many think the 82 game season is excessive, and it is. but one of the perks is that you have a lot of time to get guys experience. its not like football where every single game is pivotal. teams that want to fight for the playoffs cant waste a random week 9 game giving their rookie qb a start over the established vet. but over 82 games, why not tbh?

imo the most glaring example of that was splitter not getting any run in the first round against the grizzlies despite the fact that their bigs were manhandling mcdyess/blair/bonner... and tbh even duncan

in a season where the spurs were the #1 seed by a 4 game margin, yeah, i'm sure glad we got bonner those corporate knowledge minutes in january/february instead of getting splitter more acclimated

felt the same way about derrick white in his rookie year, not that we would have competed against the dubs anyway. lonnie could have gotten some spots over marco last year. etc etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do you think is the worst coach in the nba? Then ask yourself if that coach was up 10 would he put a lineup of 3 of his 4 worst defenders on the floor? Cause that is exactly what Pop did and that is exactly why this was a 2 point game instead of a blowout...
    most of your post was an abortion but this was a ing gem

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren't you just giving context to their decisions? Not actually debunking them at all.

Cir stances dictate when/or how someone is integrated into the rotation. Especially, with a team with such prolonged success.

No, we'll go with your thinking have guys perpetually flounder here like in Phoenix, Atlanta, New Orleans, New York, etc.
    Giving context to what? timvp said pop does play young players and I pointed out that he only plays young players when he has no choice aka when their is literally no one else on the roster to play the position.

Right now we got a 1st round draft pick sitting on the bench because of a veteran player in front of him. That veteran player is 33 years old, a bad defender, averaging around 4 points a game, and shooting 30 %...

Now...tell me the other nba team who has a 1st round pick sitting on the bench because he can't get playing time over a player in his 30's, playing bad defense, barely scoring, and shooting an atrocious percentage? And when you can't find another team doing it...because no other team is doing it...then answer the question...well why is pop doing it?

The mills and marco tandem got let up all of last year...so why is Pop going back to it? It's not like there is something to discover there? We know exactly what is going to happen when both of those guys are in the game at the same time...quick shots...bad shots...lots of misses...and terrible defense...and now you have a guard in Lonnie who at worst can keep you from playing your worst defensive lineup...but Pop sticks with it? Why? How does a mills and marco lineup help the spurs win?

Why is mills even on this team? Forbes does everything he does bigger stronger faster better cheaper more consistently.

I don't understand how Patty can be so much of a leader when he routinely blows defensive assignments...routinely takes quick shots...never gets to the frreethrow line...gets let up by everybody he guards...like...what exactly is he teaching young players? Who are the players on this team who if Patty got traded would be like "i'm devastated I can't believe this is happening"...

I would think it would be hard to be a leader when your on court production is at worst atroucious and at best inconsistent...but somehow patty pulls it off...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most of your post was an abortion but this was a ing gem
    So you going to point to the parts of my post that wasn't true?

Thread Information