Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hopeful that Walker starts getting more playing time. White and Murray should be on the floor together as well. They're both too valuable to the teams success to merely share minutes. Playing alongside a dynamic player like Murray would probably be a boost to White's overall play. He's a complementary piece, and so to be most effective he probably needs to be supporting a focal point player. Belli and Mills need to be the guys giving up minutes, IMO.

Thanks for the grades, Timvp!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hopeful that Walker starts getting more playing time. White and Murray should be on the floor together as well. They're both too valuable to the teams success to merely share minutes. Playing alongside a dynamic player like Murray would probably be a boost to White's overall play. He's a complementary piece, and so to be most effective he probably needs to be supporting a focal point player. Belli and Mills need to be the guys giving up minutes, IMO.

Thanks for the grades, Timvp!
    Now that DJ's minutes restriction is more or less clearly defined (10 games at this rate of ~24 minutes, then a bump up of 6 more minutes) I think that when DJ bumps up to 30, you'll see them overlap. Right now, DJ and White are the only two plus guard defenders on the team, and Pop probably wants at least one of them on the floor at all times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that DJ's minutes restriction is more or less clearly defined (10 games at this rate of ~24 minutes, then a bump up of 6 more minutes) I think that when DJ bumps up to 30, you'll see them overlap. Right now, DJ and White are the only two plus guard defenders on the team, and Pop probably wants at least one of them on the floor at all times.
    But Murray’s minutes are only half of the equation. Without any reason for minutes restriction, White is averaging fewer minutes (21) than Dijon (24). If Pop chose to give Derrick more minutes, they could easily share 5-6 minutes of floor time even with Dijon’s restriction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Murray’s minutes are only half of the equation. Without any reason for minutes restriction, White is averaging fewer minutes (21) than Dijon (24). If Pop chose to give Derrick more minutes, they could easily share 5-6 minutes of floor time even with Dijon’s restriction.
    White needs to shoot threes ... those two makes against the wizards were a step in the right direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White needs to shoot threes ... those two makes against the wizards were a step in the right direction.
    Agreed. His timidity in every facet of the game this season is a head-scratcher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    body language between him and Pop seems pretty negative. they can be 6 inches away and not look at each other
    That's two ugly mofo's!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget threes right now. White needs to shoot midrangers. That was a huge weapon for him last year that he has completely abandoned. The threes can follow after but right now he needs to get his confidence back on those midrangers. He's so one dimensional on offense atm. The only thing he's doing is driving.

Thread Information