My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Buffalo Bills of baseball.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The Buffalo Bills of baseball.
    Braves were underdogs in almost all their WS appearances. Historically younger and less experienced than their playoff opponent.

This wasn't the case with Buffalo.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Braves were underdogs in almost all their WS appearances. Historically younger and less experienced than their playoff opponent.

This wasn't the case with Buffalo.
    That is a terrible assessment. But I'll say the problem for both teams is that they didn't win their first time around against inferior compe ion. Things spiraled from there.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    That is a terrible assessment. But I'll say the problem for both teams is that they didn't win their first time around against inferior compe ion. Things spiraled from there.
    This is the fear I have of the 49ers. 2 SB loses to inferior opponents in 8 years

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the fear I have of the 49ers. 2 SB loses to inferior opponents in 8 years
    They're not dynasty level. You shouldn't have that fear whatsoever.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I don't think that Twins team was clearly inferior on paper, tbh. Keep in mind that the Braves were the worst team in baseball in 1990, then started 39-40 in 1991. This wasn't THE Braves yet (they didn't even have Maddux yet and Chipper Jones was still in the minor leagues), this was your classic team that got insanely hot down the stretch of the season.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I don't think that Twins team was clearly inferior on paper, tbh. Keep in mind that the Braves were the worst team in baseball in 1990, then started 39-40 in 1991. This wasn't THE Braves yet (they didn't even have Maddux yet and Chipper Jones was still in the minor leagues), this was your classic team that got insanely hot down the stretch of the season.
    Twins also had that whole ventilation system cheating

Braves were supposed to lose to the 1991 Pirates. To lesser extent the same in 1992. The following season is when the Braves choked - but even if they got past the Phillies, the Jays would be favored
    Last edited by FrostKing; 02-23-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Thread Information