My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll take him Come home brother
    He’s from Colorado you dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if this doesn't change by the beginning of December, then our only hope is that Pop retires after this year.
    If we lose White to free agency or he ends up wanting to be traded but of PT, I will lose it. There is ZERO reason he should be under 30mpg right now.
    You realize that he had two bouts of plantar fasciitis last year, both of which caused him to miss time, right? That will come back if you don't stay on top of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You realize that he had two bouts of plantar fasciitis last year, both of which caused him to miss time, right? That will come back if you don't stay on top of it.
    So he has to play 22 minutes per game during the regular season from here untill the end of his career?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a possibility that he is on minutes restriction due to playing for the NT this summer.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    He’s from Colorado you dumbass.
    Los Angeles >>> Colorado.

Come home, D-White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy just played an entire summer of USA basketball--he'll have no legs by the end of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy just played an entire summer of USA basketball--he'll have no legs by the end of the season.
    How many minutes did he average this summer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Suckers excuses for Pop and his rotations are f'n hilarious tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he has to play 22 minutes per game during the regular season from here untill the end of his career?
    A minutes restriction early in the year means the rest of his life?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A minutes restriction early in the year means the rest of his life?
    Is he on minutes restriction though? If he is, why don't they say it, like they did with Murray?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's still a role player, and Pop is still trying to figure out how to utilize all of his many guards. (And doing a piss poor job of it.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he on minutes restriction though? If he is, why don't they say it, like they did with Murray?
    They didn't say it with Murray until multiple games went by, and frankly, Pop is never communicative on those sorts of things. You should know that by now. You've been around long enough.

Derrick was only supposed to be on the Select Team this summer, and get some experience scrimmaging against the Men's Senior team. Instead, with all of the drop outs, he wound up on the Senior team, going through basically a SECOND camp, playing in the 'friendlies' with Australia, and then the entire World Cup tournament. That's a lot of unplanned bball activity for someone coming off of multiple PF flareups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't say it with Murray until multiple games went by, and frankly, Pop is never communicative on those sorts of things. You should know that by now. You've been around long enough.

Derrick was only supposed to be on the Select Team this summer, and get some experience scrimmaging against the Men's Senior team. Instead, with all of the drop outs, he wound up on the Senior team, going through basically a SECOND camp, playing in the 'friendlies' with Australia, and then the entire World Cup tournament. That's a lot of unplanned bball activity for someone coming off of multiple PF flareups.
    The same amount of games that have gone by for White, tbh.

If I have to guess, I don't think White is on minutes restriction. This is just Pop being Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do you think the plantar fasciitis flares up tenfold if Derrick is next to Dejounte on a basketball court?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew Pop would limit DJ. I said in the beginning of the year that he would be getting 20-25 minutes a game.
    However, I was stupid enough to believe that White would have an expanded role and playing 2 All NBA level defenders together would be a good idea. I guess not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White should get some of Forbes' minutes. Forbes plays almost 30 minutes per game, that should be White and Forbes should play his 23.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think the plantar fasciitis flares up tenfold if Derrick is next to Dejounte on a basketball court?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just give White Beli minutes. I know pop doesn’t want White playing SG/SF but he can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stronger than 71% on nearly 3 attempts per game this year? Other than last season, when he had bouts of PF in both feet, missing two sections of the season, he's ALWAYS been a good 3 point shooter. His career NBA mark is now hovering around 38%.
    Didn't notice those numbers. Good stuff. He's our best bet to be what Manu was during the le era. Doesn't necessarily mean he should be the 6th man spark every year. Manu started a couple seasons entirely so we can expect Murray and White to go all 82 in the future.

White definitely needs to finish every game. He's just too versatile and increasingly more confident offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White should get some of Forbes' minutes. Forbes plays almost 30 minutes per game, that should be White and Forbes should play his 23.
    Weird, huh? I thought the coach valued defense but we got DWhite behind Forbes on the pecking order and other defenders glued to the bench.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just give White Beli minutes. I know pop doesn’t want White playing SG/SF but he can.
    Defensively, I trust White at SF 100x more than Beli.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty simple. Murray-White-DeRozan is untenable, so the only way they can possibly play together, is when the matchups allow for them to play DeRozan as the nominal PF, thereby allowing to to have at least one of Forbes/Mills/Belinelli with them.

Even then, it's difficult to go to that with Murray on such a strict minute limit. Right now, he basically needs to eat the minutes White doesn't, so that they're not forced into stretches where neither play.

This is all a microcosm of how DeRozan doesn't fit with this team, but instead they're enabling his 3-phobic state and talking extension with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    22 minutes tonight, untill he got in with the game out of reach and 1:47 to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ing arrogant asshole is really going to have White on the bench in crunchtime when Murray gets off his minutes restrictions, isn't he?

Either that or he's going to go with the guy who's playing better. This not playing them together thing looks like it's permanent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet he plays Mills and Beli together for stretches every game

Thread Information