Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie getting the TP treatment from Pop That’s actually a good thing.
    Not really though because Tony Parker played every game and he played a lot. Walker has had barely any relevant playing time this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m high in Lonnie’s potential. Pop’s giving him the Parker treatment tells me he is too. If Pop makes y’all seek safe space, fine, but I bet LW4 is good with being coached proper.
    People have such short memories. It's not like Tony and Manu were the only Spurs success stories.

In recent memory, PATFO has turn Cory Joseph, Aron Baynes, Kawhi Leonard, Dejounte Murray, and Derrick White into good-to-great players following the same tough-love mentality.

But people are still all why is Pop being mean to Lonnie!?

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People have such short memories. It's not like Tony and Manu were the only Spurs success stories.

In recent memory, PATFO has turn Cory Joseph, Aron Baynes, Kawhi Leonard, Dejounte Murray, and Derrick White into good-to-great players following the same tough-love mentality.

But people are still all why is Pop being mean to Lonnie!?
    Pls correct me if I'm inaccurate . Those guys you listed all had done their 1st yr penance and by second had consistent role/mins. Seems to me Lonnie is the new standard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pls correct me if I'm inaccurate . Those guys you listed all had done their 1st yr penance and by second had consistent role/mins. Seems to me Lonnie is the new standard.
    Lonnie's "first year" got put on the back burner due to the torn meniscus. He rehabbed and spent most of the year in Austin, and for good reason (shorter schedule, lesser compe ion). No reason to try to rush the kid back after an injury like that and threaten his entire career.

For all intents and purposes, this is basically Lonnie's first real year...and it's going about as expected tbh. Pop is giving him tough love to start the year, but I expect him to be in the rotation by the end of it considering how high they are on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie's "first year" got put on the back burner due to the torn meniscus. He rehabbed and spent most of the year in Austin, and for good reason (shorter schedule, lesser compe ion). No reason to try to rush the kid back after an injury like that and threaten his entire career.

For all intents and purposes, this is basically Lonnie's first real year...and it's going about as expected tbh. Pop is giving him tough love to start the year, but I expect him to be in the rotation by the end of it considering how high they are on him.
    Jesus ing christ some of you will go to any lengths to defend Pop. Now Lonnie's first year doesn't count and this is his "real" first year?

I know Pop is the GOAT but god damn some of you act like the man is incapable of being wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus ing christ some of you will go to any lengths to defend Pop. Now Lonnie's first year doesn't count and this is his "real" first year?

I know Pop is the GOAT but god damn some of you act like the man is incapable of being wrong.
    It’s unreal how they will go along with anything the guy does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s unreal how they will go along with anything the guy does.
    Yeah because "the guy" as you called him has a little more credibility than some fan who doesn't like him and thinks he's too mean to players. Of course he's not perfect, he makes a lot of questionable moves. The bottom line is the wins and losses.
    Last edited by jjktkk; 11-04-2019 at 09:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Time will tell if Pop is right or wrong. We've been down this road before, and more often than not...he has been right.

Yes, it sucks his trajectory got ed up by his injury. That's not Pop's fault. And yes...his career is more important than us winning a few more games this year.

Lonnie doesn't look NBA-ready yet, point blank. He has shown flashes of good, and even more flashes of bad. The Spurs aren't going to lose games to try to give him time to develop.

Like I said, I still expect Lonnie will supplant Marco in the rotation by the end of the year. Maybe you should stop knee-jerking after 6 games of an 82-game season. Walker is not going to go out there and be our savior right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep Pop is not perfect but he has all those wins...mostly ac ulated when Duncan played

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m glad he’s still coaching, it gives him a good soapbox to bring awareness about the corrupt, traitor President we have tbh.

We live in perilous times, with a resurgence of racist, white supremacist rhetoric, and where very serious matters like gender equality are not talked about enough.

We’re just fortunate to have guys like him or Kerr in the NBA right now, which are not only successful but woke tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep Pop is not perfect but he has all those wins...mostly ac ulated when Duncan played
    Umm, he's still winning, although not at the same rate or level, without the big three.

I think he understands and appreciates the greatness of those three and the traitor Nephew more than anyone.

And for the 1,000,000 time all coaches need talent to succeeded in the NBA. Pop isn't immune to that fact no matter his coaching ability....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, this isn’t a fire Pop thread, or a who you gonna get thread.

Why the is the 70 year old man still coaching? What does he have left to prove? Let’s the reigns go already. Stop being selfish.

When you have to consistently ask yourself every game, does this guy even care anymore, it’s a problem. The guy knows how to win, so it’s not like questioning a scrub coach that sucks. He’s won 5 rings. But so many things he does these days makes little sense except in his “pop knows best” ways.

If you are not putting the best team on the floor every night, then what the are you still doing here?
    A better question is why you are still posting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is still coaching because he wants to cement Duncan's legacy as the second best player ever behind MJ. He wants everyone to know that not only is he overrated as a coach he is also detrimental and Duncan could of won even more with a different coach and also all the championships and winning was all because of Timmy.
    Last edited by SayTown; 11-09-2019 at 07:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is still coaching because he wants to cement Duncan's legacy as the second best player ever behind MJ. He wants everyone to know that he is overrated as a coach and all the championships and winning was all because of Timmy.
    Nephew put in some nails in Pop’s legacy winning a le the first year away from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is still coaching because he wants to cement Duncan's legacy as the second best player ever behind MJ. He wants everyone to know that not only is he overrated as a coach he is also detrimental and Duncan could of won even more with a different coach and also all the championships and winning was all because of Timmy.
    I'm fine with that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to think that the reason Pop has Timmy on the bench this year is to send himself out in style.
    We'll see how it plays out, but, I can't see Pop doing this for another season. This is going to be quite demoralizing if this is the new-look Spurs team.
    The energy, talent and cohesion is so far off right now. Hope it changes, but, not certain it can with this squad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at 70 years old Pop is still the best coach in the league and its not close. Why would we not want him coaching this team?
    Lol Clinton lover

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop isn't a "FINE MIND" in the game anymore when you refuse to shoot 3's to keep pace with Today's NBA and a team that embraces that comes in and goes raw in you booty hole. Pop is DUNZO peoples. Hopefully at Enrique's special party on Monday he calls an audible on his career and hangs it up.
    If it is left up to Pop he will never hang ‘em up - at least not until he has dug the team into a deep lottery hole and had health issues as a consequence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did y'all see this ers demeanor after the game? I'm sick and tired of his nonchalant at ude towards losses. Look a the box score and it looks like .. the minutes.. the points... everything. The minute spread is that of an all world roster that's all time great. Done with Pop. He was great but now he's just milking the system. the owner too for not giving a either! Where's Brent Barry? Isn't he management now? Where's RC? Worst of all where's the goddam local media all over Pop? Instead Max Kellerman questioned SAS why Pop wasn't in his top whatever list? These people still think the guy is what he was. Just done with this iteration of the front office.

(That is until they start meshing.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did y'all see this ers demeanor after the game? I'm sick and tired of his nonchalant at ude towards losses. Look a the box score and it looks like .. the minutes.. the points... everything. The minute spread is that of an all world roster that's all time great. Done with Pop. He was great but now he's just milking the system. the owner too for not giving a either! Where's Brent Barry? Isn't he management now? Where's RC? Worst of all where's the goddam local media all over Pop? Instead Max Kellerman questioned SAS why Pop wasn't in his top whatever list? These people still think the guy is what he was. Just done with this iteration of the front office.

(That is until they start meshing.)
    He so in love with his “it’s just basketball” philosophy, when they lose, it’s like he takes the meh at ude to another level on purpose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He so in love with his “it’s just basketball” philosophy, when they lose, it’s like he takes the meh at ude to another level on purpose.
    Totally on purpose

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s less than 10 games in. Y’all triggered fans are just panicked that your dumpster fire is getting impeached. ��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s less than 10 games in. Y’all triggered fans are just panicked that your dumpster fire is getting impeached. ��
    Gotta love how cliche all these old school posters are. Y’all belong on Reddit.

Thread Information