Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie and I are left asking the same question however. What's Marco doing out there? Surely setting by example is the best way.

Would pop even remember there's a double standard going on.
    Marco is what he is, isn’t going to change and is at the very end of his career. Walker is at the beginning, is worth investing in and needs to be molded, part of that is holding him accountable when he plays dumb or doesn’t make an effort. Time must be earned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie and I are left asking the same question however. What's Marco doing out there? Surely setting by example is the best way.

There isn't a double standard. Marco is a designated shooter/scorer where Lonnie has a much higher ceiling, with the ability to be a perimeter defender as well a scorer. .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Marco is an obstacle placed in Lonnie’s way, a motivator to get him to improve. You really understand nothing about training or motivation, do you? Marco doesn’t have to be better, he just has to be playing ahead of Lonnie to get him motivated to get minutes.

Things just given are never appreciated like things earned. Free rides also don’t teach anything.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco is what he is, isn’t going to change and is at the very end of his career. Walker is at the beginning, is worth investing in and needs to be molded, part of that is holding him accountable when he plays dumb or doesn’t make an effort. Time must be earned.
    Get what you're saying and what pops aiming for. You didn't exactly address what Lonnie to think when he sees Marco out there except he needs to deal with it and toughen up from your earlier post.. If that's how Pop wants to get through to Lonnie, then its risky and could alienate the 2nd year rookie. I would rather POP use example as a tool and less media to connect with Lonnie. Instead its the doghouse . He already got this treatment first year and now its insults through the media.

btw If we looked at Lonnie as an investment, he would be a absolute fail right now. we getting no return at all on the second year mid first round draft pick. Who made this investment choice if the coach didn't want to use him??
    Last edited by Slippy; 11-02-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There isn't a double standard. Marco is a designated shooter/scorer where Lonnie has a much higher ceiling, with the ability to be a perimeter defender as well a scorer. .
    Agree so give Marco the spot mins role and give Lonnie what he deserves on his second season, a consistent role off the bench. Control Lonnies mins and Marco as the sub in as the motivator. Instead we got 70yo POP playing mind games with a 20YO through media. don't like it at all. Do that in house and during a practice session.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco is an obstacle placed in Lonnie’s way, a motivator to get him to improve. You really understand nothing about training or motivation, do you? Marco doesn’t have to be better, he just has to be playing ahead of Lonnie to get him motivated to get minutes.

Things just given are never appreciated like things earned. Free rides also don’t teach anything.
    lol We talking about this day and age . Maybe you referring to practise sessions in the 1970's cos I don't think you know jack about training and its motivators.

the only guy getting a free ride right now is Marco

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree so give Marco the spot mins role and give Lonnie what he deserves on his second season, a consistent role off the bench.
    LW sucks, look around the league, there are plenty of rookies or 2nd year players doing well. Drafting is a crap shot even at the highest picks. PATFO saw what we saw, a superb body made to play modern basketball. It didn't translate into a player. Will he? Maybe, but we have already enough young talent who can actually play.

Lonnie is receiving what he deserves.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bunch of whiny es trying to speak for a player who by all accounts is not a whiny .

Lonnie will be fine. Calm down.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bunch of whiny es trying to speak for a player who by all accounts is not a whiny .

Lonnie will be fine. Calm down.

Somebody have a bad Saturday night? You calling other people " es" is more irony than I can take this early in the morning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody have a bad Saturday night? You calling other people " es" is more irony than I can take this early in the morning.
    Had a great weekend tbh. I have no idea why people think proxy whining on Lonnie's behalf is a valid argument. Maybe you can explain it to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is Belinelli’s last year here. I can see it on Marco’s face. Just a matter of time before he loses his minutes to White, Murray, Walker IV. I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes overseas for the cash after this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is Belinelli’s last year here. I can see it on Marco’s face. Just a matter of time before he loses his minutes to White, Murray, Walker IV. I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes overseas for the cash after this season.
    Ain't nothing wrong with that. Sounds about right. He did fine in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had a great weekend tbh. I have no idea why people think proxy whining on Lonnie's behalf is a valid argument. Maybe you can explain it to me.
    Because a lot of Spurs fans are soft... All the way from those who about Pop's ways to those trolls who about how Kawhi was handled and can't move on... A farcry from the core beliefs of what makes the Spurs management so consistent and stable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because a lot of Spurs fans are soft... All the way from those who about Pop's ways to those trolls who about how Kawhi was handled and can't move on... A farcry from the core beliefs of what makes the Spurs management so consistent and stable.
    I get why individuals here would personally whine about that, but trying to speak for a young black man that is with Pop nearly every day is infantilizing that young black man. They aren't him and they never will be, so why pretend?

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LW sucks, look around the league, there are plenty of rookies or 2nd year players doing well. Drafting is a crap shot even at the highest picks. PATFO saw what we saw, a superb body made to play modern basketball. It didn't translate into a player. Will he? Maybe, but we have already enough young talent who can actually play.

Lonnie is receiving what he deserves.
    we dont need to look arund tho. You see Marco out there sucking .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t wait to se LW get minutes, but if we can trust anything about the Spurs, it is their ability to develop players. Lonnie will get chances, but there’s really no legitimate claim to be made that he is being underplayed, yet. The season just barely began. Talk to me again in thirty games and we will know a lot more. Nothing wrong with sitting young players when they are making mistakes. Part of the learning process tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree so give Marco the spot mins role and give Lonnie what he deserves on his second season, a consistent role off the bench. Control Lonnies mins and Marco as the sub in as the motivator. Instead we got 70yo POP playing mind games with a 20YO through media. don't like it at all. Do that in house and during a practice session.
    Walker don't deserve anything.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um, yeah. He's still too raw and unaware of his reads/assignments to see court time. Those guys had holes in their game but provide more (on either end) than Lonnie can currently. His time will come and I'm hoping it clicks at some point this season.

The Spurs need an extra injection of youth and athleticism that Walker IV could proved.
    so what does your comment mean? I'll tell you what it means, his ass belongs in the G league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Better awareness" thats all you need to know. Pop is right, Lonnie doesn't know what team bball is, on both ends especially defense. Pop probably doesn't like him at all defensively.
    Yep, he wants to run down court with the ball and be a chucker just like in the summer league. No defense and 2 assist in the summer league. He sucks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fine. Trade him then tbh.
    exactly what needs to be done before the league knows he sucks if they don't already.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To say that Lonnie Walker lacks killer instinct would be an understatement.

That's what Pop is looking for and he's not seeing it.

And for the millionth time, Walker bounds around the court aimlessly like an exuberant puppy.

Pop is trying to figure out whether Walker just lacks basketball sense (somewhat fixable) or whether he lacks heart and/or guts (that would be terminal).
    he lacks it all.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just classic Pop. Young guys can get minutes if they hang their hat on defense. Offensive potential doesn't play a role. I think that's to prevent players from just competing on offensive posessions and becoming a black hole on defense. You know like Spurs fans most hated Milinelli. Pop obviously sees that Walker has the potential to be an elite defender, so until he proves that on the court he won't get playing time. What we are all waiting on is Walker showing what he can do on offense.
    Walker doesn't want to be a defender he wants to be a chucker.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi didn’t want to stay in San Antonio. He’s from Cali and LA and its surroundings are way more fun than SA, sorry. SA is an uninteresting city and a small market.
    Like Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder if pop will call out LMA as non compe ive tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder if pop will call out LMA as non compe ive tbh
    Watched it on the SoCal Laker channel 1071 and Stu Lantz went off on him.
    Soo obvious.

Thread Information