Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder if pop will call out LMA as non compe ive tbh
    If are going to be honest shouldnt pop be questioned about being uncompe ive . Those rotations are uncompe ive like Demar on Davis during that second quarter. Pop only playing DWhite when DJ IS off. No Lonnie because he needs to earn it . The best players for whatever reasons arnt getting played so that's uncompe ive in my book.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker's the new Danny Green for Pop - gotta have a perimeter guy to beat up verbally in the press all the time, it distracts from trotting the backcourt midgets out there and watching them get destroyed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker's the new Danny Green for Pop - gotta have a perimeter guy to beat up verbally in the press all the time, it distracts from trotting the backcourt midgets out there and watching them get destroyed.
    Danny got minutes though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker doesn't want to be a defender he wants to be a chucker.
    He told you that? Or are you a mind reader now?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fine. Trade him then tbh.
    If he can't take it and improve throughout this season they will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so what does your comment mean? I'll tell you what it means, his ass belongs in the G league.
    He won't get better playing against lesser talent. He needs to eventually earn time with the big boy squad if wants to reach his full potential. We know he's a hard worker, but now he needs to take that hard work and put it to practice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop used to bust Tony's chops when he was young because he saw how much potential he had, and was pushing him to be great. Maybe this is something similar...or maybe he's just pissed and hoping for an at ude adjustment.

So far Lonnie's not living up to his potential. He's got the best physical tools on the team.
    He was starting Tony Parker... Not even close to being the same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good at ude and body language from Lonnie on the bench during the Warriors game. He had two minutes on the hardwood and he did everything well.

I bet Walker will be given the chance of playing Lebron James on Sunday. Same situation: "Go out there and show what you got defending an MVP caliber player." That would complete the lesson so him and Popovich can move on.
    Lol... Yall really be giving Pop all this credit like he is deeply thinking about this stuff... He has gone basketball senile... The sooner we accept it, the sooner we stop wondering what's his endgame... What deeper meaning does he have behind his decisions... There isn't any

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just classic Pop. Young guys can get minutes if they hang their hat on defense. Offensive potential doesn't play a role. I think that's to prevent players from just competing on offensive posessions and becoming a black hole on defense. You know like Spurs fans most hated Milinelli. Pop obviously sees that Walker has the potential to be an elite defender, so until he proves that on the court he won't get playing time. What we are all waiting on is Walker showing what he can do on offense.
    This makes no sense when u have belineli, Forbes and Mills taking up tons of minutes and they're trash on defense...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker doesn't want to be a defender he wants to be a chucker.
    Like patty mills? Like Bryn forbes? How would we know what Lonnie wants to be? He doesn't play

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Why didn't Pop call out Softridge and Defrozen for their "non compe ive" play against the Lakers? These two losers make a combined $54 million and were by far our worst players against the Lakers. Maybe because Pop is a hypocritical jackass that likes to give the vet cancers a free pass to play like dog .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm taking credit for being the number one critic of Hairdo here, from day one calling him a bust!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This makes no sense when u have belineli, Forbes and Mills taking up tons of minutes and they're trash on defense...
    I never said Pop made sense. As a matter of fact I'm one of his biggest critics. I'm just saying that is the way he coaches

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if someone would ask Pop why his coaching has been non-compe ive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said Pop made sense. As a matter of fact I'm one of his biggest critics. I'm just saying that is the way he coaches
    Fair enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why didn't Pop call out Softridge and Defrozen for their "non compe ive" play against the Lakers? These two losers make a combined $54 million and were by far our worst players against the Lakers. Maybe because Pop is a hypocritical jackass that likes to give the vet cancers a free pass to play like dog .
    Or, just maybe because they aren't in the Spurs plans going forward, and Lonnie is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He told you that? Or are you a mind reader now?
    I'm a mind reader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the approach Pop is taking is a little backwards.

Tteaching with the carrot and stick of minutes or the bench is unlikely to work when it's DNPs and one short shift every few games

It would make more sense to have Walker as the spoiler to Marco and Mills to keep them engaged. Lonnie should be the wild, raw, hustle player who gets put in when Marco and Mills make their trash plays to put some fire in them, to keep them honest. Because right now those guys know they can all over the court and suffer no consequences, they're locks in the rotation.

OR Lonnie should be in the regular rotation with the threat of the savvy vet Marco or Mills ready to plug and play right there as the pressure on Lonnie to stay sharp, under control and with the program. Then when he gets pulled for mistakes or a wrong mindset it can be a teaching moment for him to carry into his next shift.

But right now it's just open season for terrible defense or turnovers or wack shot attempts from Mills and Marco nearly every game ... Without correction from Pop in the terms of minutes. If Lonnie is learning by watching, then the lessons he's getting is what he's delivering back on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tteaching with the carrot and stick of minutes or the bench is unlikely to work when it's DNPs and one short shift every few games

It would make more sense to have Walker as the spoiler to Marco and Mills to keep them engaged. Lonnie should be the wild, raw, hustle player who gets put in when Marco and Mills make their trash plays to put some fire in them, to keep them honest. Because right now those guys know they can all over the court and suffer no consequences, they're locks in the rotation.

OR Lonnie should be in the regular rotation with the threat of the savvy vet Marco or Mills ready to plug and play right there as the pressure on Lonnie to stay sharp, under control and with the program. Then when he gets pulled for mistakes or a wrong mindset it can be a teaching moment for him to carry into his next shift.

But right now it's just open season for terrible defense or turnovers or wack shot attempts from Mills and Marco nearly every game ... Without correction from Pop in the terms of minutes. If Lonnie is learning by watching, then the lessons he's getting is what he's delivering back on the court.
    Spot on.

The only recent 1st rounder that had to wait more than a year or two to get regular minutes was CoJo and that was because he was stuck behind Porky and a pre-50 Fatty.

Porky, Nephew, Tiago, Dejounte, DWhite, Georgie, Fathead....all got regular rotation minutes by year 2 or earlier.

I'm guessing Lonnie said something un-Spurs like during training camp and Pop is holding a personal grudge against him. Maybe Lonnie was tired of hearing about how TP or Manu did it years ago and it irked the old man.

Either way, he should get minutes soon or hopefully gets traded to a team he can actually showcase his talents on. Kid is going to be special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

* Orson Welles applauding gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol... Yall really be giving Pop all this credit like he is deeply thinking about this stuff... He has gone basketball senile... The sooner we accept it, the sooner we stop wondering what's his endgame... What deeper meaning does he have behind his decisions... There isn't any
    Obviously, I was wrong on my prediction about Walker playing time. I don’t understand why Lonnie is not playing now. Eventually, Marco improved the quality of his shots and he’s starting to making some of them but scoring is not the problem at the moment. I don’t know how much affects the two bigs lineup to Walker’s chances of the playing but I’m sure the coaches have their reasons. One more time, we don’t have enough information and we don’t know what’s the plan with him.

I’m sure Popovich knows Walker can play, there must be a good reason for not to do it. He takes more time to rely on some new guys that apparently deserve to play but this guys end up being important as soon as they start playing regularly.

I keep trusting Popovich and his 22 successful seasons. I know I could be wrong though. Everything has an end and this could be the season PATFO fails. Time will tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is a in idiot, it's that simple

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp You still excited about how the old man is treating Lonnie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is a in idiot, it's that simple

Thread Information