Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes. I would say it’s the opposite. Whatever success the young guys have is in spite of pop not because of pop. Who knows how well they’d play if they didn’t have to handle all of the unnecessary obstacles that pop creates. pop is awful. If these losses keep coming he might just quit to save his legacy that he cares about.
    Exactly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao. What a trash ass take.
    Lmao. What a trash ass take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These basic Spurs fans are funny.

BSF: Why Pop bench Loonie?

timvp: Because Lonnie was hiding from Kawhi and playing passively on offense.

BSF: Pop's just going to ruin him. Just let him play

timvp: Pop has the best history of any long-tenured coach in NBA history of developing talent, especially draft talent out of the lottery. I trust him to get through to Lonnie.

BSF: He's going to be ruined if Pop doesn't play him right now

timvp: Pop probably knows what he's doing.

A couple weeks later: *Lonnie competing like a mad man on defense, being ultra aggressive on offense*

timvp: Looks like Pop got through to Lonnie. He's defending now and being aggressive on offense.

BSF: What a trash ass take, timvp

Happy Thanksgiving

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

timvp: Pop has the best history of any long-tenured coach in NBA history of developing talent, especially draft talent out of the lottery. I trust him to get through to Lonnie.

A couple weeks later: *Lonnie competing like a mad man on defense, being ultra aggressive on offense*

timvp: Looks like Pop got through to Lonnie. He's defending now and being aggressive on offense.

Happy Thanksgiving
    2/10 weak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes. I would say it’s the opposite. Whatever success the young guys have is in spite of pop not because of pop. Who knows how well they’d play if they didn’t have to handle all of the unnecessary obstacles that pop creates. pop is awful. If these losses keep coming he might just quit to save his legacy that he cares about.
    Prime beef dropping truth nukes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume you put lottery in by mistake. DRob, W.Anderson, Elliott, and Duncan are the only lottery picks the spurs have had since 1987. Only Duncan was acquired during pops coaching tenure and he didn’t need pop to be great. Leonard was 15th pick by Indiana...but draft lottery stops at 14 anyway.

in general, the spurs were great because of drob/Elliott/Duncan/TP/Manu/KL. Drob and Elliott were rocking and rolling prior to pop, TD was already great when he showed up, Manu was already a great player and even pop said he just had to let Manu be Manu (so no development there), pop did develop TP by abusing the out of him, and pop did develop KL too by abusing him and then running him off. I’m not really impressed with pops track record on developing players

Pop inherited a foundation of DRob/Elliott/Duncan that’s going to bring you huge success. Bob Hill had 3 55+win seasons in 3yrs prior to pop being hired...always wondered how he would’ve done with Duncan/Drob/Elliott.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume you put lottery in by mistake. DRob, W.Anderson, Elliott, and Duncan are the only lottery picks the spurs have had since 1987. Only Duncan was acquired during pops coaching tenure and he didn’t need pop to be great. Leonard was 15th pick by Indiana...but draft lottery stops at 14 anyway.

in general, the spurs were great because of drob/Elliott/Duncan/TP/Manu/KL. Drob and Elliott were rocking and rolling prior to pop, TD was already great when he showed up, Manu was already a great player and even pop said he just had to let Manu be Manu (so no development there), pop did develop TP by abusing the out of him, and pop did develop KL too by abusing him and then running him off. I’m not really impressed with pops track record on developing players

Pop inherited a foundation of DRob/Elliott/Duncan that’s going to bring you huge success. Bob Hill had 3 55+win seasons in 3yrs prior to pop being hired...always wondered how he would’ve done with Duncan/Drob/Elliott.

Bob Hill reference! Where's he's working these days ..... don't think he's worked in a decade or two ...

Don't think Kwahi was driven off by Pop. I think Kwahi was driven away by Uncle and family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DRob and Elliott were part of the player delegation that approached then GM Popovich to request Hill’s removal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man. Bob Hill, huh? The one that is no longer coaching. You know who is coaching and leading front offices around the league? 14 Popovich protégés who all credit him with their success. Yeah, he’s not much of a developer of talent though.

Gtfo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bob Hill reference! Where's he's working these days ..... don't think he's worked in a decade or two ...

Don't think Kwahi was driven off by Pop. I think Kwahi was driven away by Uncle and family.
    was a suns assistant coach in 2016

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man. Bob Hill, huh? The one that is no longer coaching. You know who is coaching and leading front offices around the league? 14 Popovich protégés who all credit him with their success. Yeah, he’s not much of a developer of talent though.

Gtfo.
    Thanks to Timmy tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Happy Thanksgiving
    As if the only way to get the point across was to bury him on the bench for 10-15 games and play a guy who has "missed jumpers and played defense in slow motion" all season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume you put lottery in by mistake.
    Out of the lottery, meaning not in the lottery. Probably meant to put "outside," IIRC, tbh.

As if the only way to get the point across was to bury him on the bench for 10-15 games and play a guy who has "missed jumpers and played defense in slow motion" all season.
    If it works, that was a small price to pay. Tiny price, in fact.

We'll see. I'm not ready to crown Walker (and, by extension, Pop) yet after one good quarter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks to Timmy tbh.
    Timmy is responsible for all of those coaches/gms??

Gtfo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good news is that Lonnie passed Pop's first test: Lonnie has gotten over himself.

The bad news is that by passing one test, he automatically fails the next test: Would playing Lonnie be fair to the team?

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy is responsible for all of those coaches/gms??

Gtfo.
    More than indirectly, yes.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good news is that Lonnie passed Pop's first test: Lonnie has gotten over himself.

The bad news is that by passing one test, he automatically fails the next test: Would playing Lonnie be fair to the team?
    A complicated algorithm, to be sure.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No no...he was non compe ive from the bench. LJ will have an article shortly with video evidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After his performance against the twolves Lonnie has to probably be thinking man what the do I have to do to play over Luigi and G league. It sucks for him that they werent completely terrible tonight like they have been for the 12 game losing streak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why in the is Pop still playing Marco over Carroll and Lonnie?

Marco continuously takes crazy shots and is awful on defense. I figure Lonnie would at least get a few non garbage minutes after his last game but Pop still played Marco way more than he should have.

Does Lonnie and Carroll look that bad In practice or Pop is just blind?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DRob and Elliott were part of the player delegation that approached then GM Popovich to request Hill’s removal.
    Where is such a delegation NOW?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Lonnie and Carroll look that bad In practice or Pop is just blind?
    Favoritism.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie sealed his fate when he went off the last game. Wouldn't be surprised to see him demoted to the g league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really want Lonnie to play over Marco but y’all act like teams don’t have to respect Belly’s shooting and all the moving off ball he does

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really want Lonnie to play over Marco but y’all act like teams don’t have to respect Belly’s shooting and all the moving off ball he does
    Do they have "respect" for his defense too?

Thread Information