Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte and Derrick the only reason to watch the team this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. If that is the lesson he is trying to teach Lonnie, how does Lonnie not react by saying you're playing guys that can't play defense to save their lives over me. What a freaking hypocrite Pop is.
    you still find people here defending this kind of "lesson" as if it makes any sense to rational people. No one in the same situation would be pleased with the clear hypocrisy shown in this case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really thought this was goingbto be a 20+ blowout. But seeing how Spurs lost, I can see a whole lotof improvements, from minutes restrictions on both Murray/White abd letting them close the game, playing Carroll more and maybe move Gay to starting PF against Lakers, Trey start shooting more. Again I’m disappointed with Aldridge not manning up against a great compe ion. I hate to go to battle with Aldridge. The guy is soft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really thought this was goingbto be a 20+ blowout. But seeing how Spurs lost, I can see a whole lotof improvements, from minutes restrictions on both Murray/White abd letting them close the game, playing Carroll more and maybe move Gay to starting PF against Lakers, Trey start shooting more. Again I’m disappointed with Aldridge not manning up against a great compe ion. I hate to go to battle with Aldridge. The guy is soft.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is so electric when he gets it going. So disruptive with that length and the speed is unmatched in the league. The more I see of him, the more I'm convinced he will be a superstar. Remember, it took KL a few years to get to that level and Pop has a plan that works when developing players with this kind of potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray and White combined to play 48 minutes, 24.21 for Murray and 23.39 for White. They combined for 30 points, 14 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals and 1 block. Murray 58.3% White 57.1% shooting. Murray may be on minutes restriction but it's time these two shared the court together, even if for now its just by White playing more minutes and not DJ as his minutes restriction. What other coach keeps his two young studs from getting court time together ffs? And for Beli and Mills who played 35 minutes combined for 7pts 3reb and 3ast on 2-10 shooting with D. What's Pop doing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff except it's okay to give out F's.

Stubbornly refusing to let two of your best players play at the same time because of your ego is deserving of an F every single game. Every time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially when they’re not playing next to DeRozan and Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the article, Timvp. Nice write-up!

One of the disappointing things in this game for me was the fact that neither of our two stars came to play. Maybe for DeRozan, a lot of that was playing out of position. It appears that Davis is a bit too much for LA right now...at least last night, as LaMarcus can Jekyll and Hyde pretty well on any given night.

My other disappointment is Pop not really playing to his team's strengths. Start getting Carroll involved over Belli, play your young stars together, don't resort to your old lineups where you're relying on guys like Mills that haven't gotten this team past the first round. I love Pop, but he's killing me so far this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray’s first half should get him an F.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a bad reason tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's Pop doing?
    favoring his washed up vets like he always does

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My theory/opinion is Pop would play Murray and White together more if it wasn't for Derozan. To clarify our starting line up has been (1-3) Murray, Forbes, Derozan and (4-5) Aldridge, Lyles. A (1-3) of Murray, White, Derozan obviously lacks adequate 3 point shooting. I think Pop would prefer to have a starting lineup of Murray, Forbes, White, Aldridge, Lyles since Forbes provides that 3 point threat. Theoretically you'd then have Derozen come off the bench but then Derozen wouldn't stand for that and probably seek a trade/quit on the team lol.

For all the old notion of Pop telling players to "Get over themselves", he's way more sensitive to Aldridge and Derozan since they are our teams "All Stars". He can't just (bench them/not play them crunch time minutes) or they would be very disgruntled. I'm not a Derozan hater at all and think he's shown he can be a very capable play-maker at times but he is very inconsistent. Just like everyone I would love to see White and Murray play together but I think that would mean Pop sacrificing Derozan's minutes which would lead to him being very disgruntled which I think Pop is avoiding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all the old notion of Pop telling players to "Get over themselves", he's way more sensitive to Aldridge and Derozan since they are our teams "All Stars". He can't just (bench them/not play them crunch time minutes) or they would be very disgruntled. I'm not a Derozan hater at all and think he's shown he can be a very capable play-maker at times but he is very inconsistent. Just like everyone I would love to see White and Murray play together but I think that would mean Pop sacrificing Derozan's minutes which would lead to him being very disgruntled which I think Pop is avoiding.
    And their being disgruntled would be bad because?

Pop treats all the players the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray had just scored 14 straight Spurs points and tied the game.

While but one play, I thought this was a huge momentum swing which went from 90-90 to 95-90. Context:

Lakers miss a shot, and Spurs fail to rebound as they have two guys to rebound but allow Dwight to get a hand in and tap the rebound away, out of bounds off of Spurs. Next KCP hits a jumper.
    Spurs ball. Instead of Murray handling the rock, DD brings it upcourt. Goes into a spin move and is driving down the lane when he lets Dwight cleanly strip it way for the steal. Lakers go the other way and have #s since DD is back standing under the Spurs hoop. Lebron whips it out to KCP who hits the trey. Just like that 95-90.

It was a very inattentive play by Derosian. Who, I don't know why he had the f-ing ball anyways as hot as DJ had been.
    Whatever. Spurs *Vet stars*.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team would be so much damn better if Derozan wasn't on the roster. You don't even need a return, simply addition by subtraction.

He's such a huge negative on both sides of the ball and is basically stunting all the youth's growth.

That Tobias Harris + first rounders for Nephew deal was so better. He still ended up in LA except RC/Pop decided to give him another ring for his legacy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans should be encouraged, Laker fans should be nervous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do say I love the consensus: pop is too old fashioned and caused kawhi to leave because he was too strict and limiting

Then also : pop is too conciliatory towards our stars and needs to show them tough justice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And their being disgruntled would be bad because?

Pop treats all the players the same.
    Main point being Pop could have Ginobili come off the bench and Ginobili would see it as a team first move. If Pop tried asking Derozan to come off the bench his head would probably explode haha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. If that is the lesson he is trying to teach Lonnie, how does Lonnie not react by saying you're playing guys that can't play defense to save their lives over me. What a freaking hypocrite Pop is.
    Yep!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know its early but the returns don't look good for the Spurs. No iden y, no fight, no cohesiveness. Just a bunch of en led guys - especially DeRozan and Lamarcus. They don't bring it every night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's just a different league now. Pop used to put parker in the doghouse and it forged the kid into a star. Pop probably told Kawhi to get over himself and rightfully so, but Kawhi is a pussy ass and left over it. Pop got shook on that and does things a little differently now. Besides if you told demar to get over himself it wouldn't work anyway. Parker was a killer and it moulded him.

Pop isn't playing white and Murray together because he is stretching them. You get 2 near starting 5 groups and send them in waves. It's a common way the spurs run. You put the two in together and make a run you cant sustain when you sub mills and forbes or beli in as relief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop isn't playing white and Murray together because he is stretching them. You get 2 near starting 5 groups and send them in waves. It's a common way the spurs run. You put the two in together and make a run you cant sustain when you sub mills and forbes or beli in as relief.
    If White plays 28-32 mpg instead of 23, you still get the exact same scenario, plus 5-8 minutes of White & Murray together. It doesn't change anything except for having a traditionally mediocre +/- guy or two off the court more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If White plays 28-32 mpg instead of 23, you still get the exact same scenario, plus 5-8 minutes of White & Murray together. It doesn't change anything except for having a traditionally mediocre +/- guy or two off the court more.
    I bet that's pretty close to what they are working up to. It's still tinker time cause pop is gonna pop. I mean the guys are still getting their legs under them too, it's early. It wouldn't be as frustrating if both LA games weren't so surprisingly winnable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    young guys good. old guys bad. might be the theme of the season.

Thread Information