Would have averaged 50 ppg vs Ehlo, Starks and Majerle

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    already top 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like with a lot of players the last 20 years, he'll slowly fall down on that list. Kobe while playing was ranked top 5 by most pundits, now he doesn't even crack top 10s in a lot of cases.

Also, if you can't form your opinion without the help of media, you're a ing square.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like with a lot of players the last 20 years, he'll slowly fall down on that list. Kobe while playing was ranked top 5 by most pundits, now he doesn't even crack top 10s in a lot of cases.

Also, if you can't form your opinion without the help of media, you're a ing square.
    The media always overrates guys when they are winning but then downgrades them when they are losing. The incredible hype Curry got before the 2016 finals is the best example I can find of this. You had idiots proclaiming he was the second best PG of all time and that he could pass Magic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi, as of now, isn't even Dirk level great. He had one truly great season, with another one or two very good season.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too low

Would have averaged 50 ppg vs Ehlo, Starks and Majerle
    86 Rockets 12th man = Dad Killer's Nemesis

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I find it weird how in SA he started getting much more media attention Towards the end as he should he deserves it however the day he leaves now people talk like he’s the goat I mean to me it’s like the NBA wanted this out. Or MR Dennis had the master plan lol idk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any reason to keep him out of the top 10 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now, Kawhi is closer to Bill Walton in terms of a career than he is to Kareem, Russell, MJ, LeBron, etc.
    His peak level is incredible, but the same can be said for guys mostly forgotten by today's fans like Walt Frazier, Dave Cowens, Elvin Hayes, etc...
    If his two year long nagging injury leads to him missing playoffs and/or seasons in the future, he could very well become the Terrell Davis of the NBA.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He needs to play a full ing season without being a , and not run into an injury riddled team in the finals to scratch top 10. Im with Bill here. No respect for the old school no more in here.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    He needs to play a full ing season without being a , and not run into an injury riddled team in the finals to scratch top 10. Im with Bill here. No respect for the old school no more in here.
    like who? Karl Malone who disappears in the playoffs but scores a ton of point in meaningless regular season games?

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Kawhi’s legacy in NBA history is a very unique case. He has two championships and two Finals MVPs for two different teams, which would lead you to believe he’d climb most objective rankings pretty high. On the other hand, he’s only had three seasons (of 8, 7 if you don’t count the 2017-18 season) in which he put up allstar / all NBA seasons. I think the hesitancy to rank him higher is because of that, shortcomings in regular season production. When he’s playing and healthy, he’s been universally viewed as a top 3 player in the game. And he’s closed the deal twice in the playoffs, as THE guy. I think his career likely needs several more all NBA caliber regular seasons to cement his legacy as a top 25, and possibly at some point top 10 player.

Right now, if he were to retire today, I don’t have him down as a top 25 all time. So I think the ranking is probably high.
    Last edited by Chris Fall; 11-06-2019 at 03:15 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    like who? Karl Malone who disappears in the playoffs but scores a ton of point in meaningless regular season games?
    at least malone played. But Kawhi sitting out against the MVP because his vagina is leaking. stop

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    at least malone played. But Kawhi sitting out against the MVP because his vagina is leaking. stop
    Oh you mean when Kawhi back door swept the MVP in the ECF?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh you mean when Kawhi back door swept the MVP in the ECF?
    and then ducked him the next match? even more beta

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    and then ducked him the next match? even more beta
    He backdoor swept the MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the world of "what have you done for me lately", then sure. Anyone with half a brain can come up with 25 all-time greats far better than Kawhi in like 5 minutes, including a couple from the Spurs alone.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He backdoor swept the MVP.
    yeah i remember that. but hes also hiding from him..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kawhi’s legacy in NBA history is a very unique case. He has two championships and two Finals MVPs for two different teams, which would lead you to believe he’d climb most objective rankings pretty high. On the other hand, he’s only had three seasons (of 8, 7 if you don’t count the 2017-18 season) in which he put up allstar / all NBA seasons. I think the hesitancy to rank him higher is because of that, shortcomings in regular season production. When he’s playing and healthy, he’s been universally viewed as a top 3 player in the game. And he’s closed the deal twice in the playoffs, as THE guy. I think his career likely needs several more all NBA caliber regular seasons to cement his legacy as a top 25, and possibly at some point top 10 player.

Right now, if he were to retire today, I don’t have him down as a top 25 all time. So I think the ranking is probably high.
    Personally I wouldn't consider him being "THE guy" in 2014. Other than that I agree with the overall sentiment tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    86 Rockets 12th man = Dad Killer's Nemesis

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    No regular season MVPs?

Who is the greatest/highest ranked player without that achievement?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    yeah i remember that. but hes also hiding from him..
    He's not hiding from him. He already beat him at the biggest stage while Giannis shrinked like a litle that he is

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Not taking a direct shot at Leonard but how far off would Pippen be today? He was overshadowed by Shaq and Hakeem. Or even the Utah duo.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    When did Malone disappear?

Looking at his numbers, his FG% dipped but his regular season numbers transitioned to the playoffs.

Thread Information