Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Derozan had Jimmy Butlers mindset and grit he’d still be an all star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 4th quarter stretch was calling for LaMarcus to get down and dirty. Damion Jones was on the verge of fouling out and LaMarcus did absolutely nothing to get involved. He just let DeMar and dejounte do their thing. He played passive again and let everyone else try to win instead of earn his pay cheque.
    Which is the point of this thread. Some players need to be fed. Demar is oblivious to that and the flow of the game.
    LMA is the poster child of PASSIVE. But beyond that, doesn't Pop have anything to say about how the offense runs? Doesn't anybody remember Pop running to half-court screaming at TP to put the ball in Number 2's hands? Pop is Dumbmar and LMA's enabler.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    demar the best spurs player on the court tonight (and millsvp) and we get this thread? now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also for the exception of Murray and at times White impact on minute restrictions, DD has by far been the most impactful player this season. He has outplayed LMA essentially every game. LMA is a big problem. It's not the age or injuries or system, it's effort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also for the exception of Murray and at times White impact on minute restrictions, DD has by far been the most impactful player this season. He has outplayed LMA essentially every game. LMA is a big problem. It's not the age or injuries or system, it's effort.

If Derozan had Jimmy Butlers mindset and grit he’d still be an all star.
    and a cancer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not denying that. But no matter how good he looks in the regular season, his game does not translate to winning playoffs games. He actually gets in the way of a team developing any iden y because it all goes out the window when he’s hero balling in the 4th qtr. Nobody can figure out how to play off of him because he doesn’t involve anyone else unless it’s a desperate last second pass out. So in crunch time, the team falls apart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK let's get DePression off this team. For what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not denying that. But no matter how good he looks in the regular season, his game does not translate to winning playoffs games. He actually gets in the way of a team developing any iden y because it all goes out the window when he’s hero balling in the 4th qtr. Nobody can figure out how to play off of him because he doesn’t involve anyone else unless it’s a desperate last second pass out. So in crunch time, the team falls apart.
    For the exception of the first quarter of game 7, where the whole team was bad, DD again outplayed LMA that series.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is the biggest problem thus far not Derozan. Derozan is what he is but he's doing his part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't. Spurstalk hated DD right up until he was a Spur. Then they reluctantly put their bib on for the sandwich PATFO were about to feed them.
    this "better offensive player than Kawhi" stick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade him for anyone or anything... He kills the offense and he plays no defense and chokes in the playoffs... Keeping him is like saying "see Melo played great this game... He is the best player on the team"... Melo doesn't make teams winners...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the exception of the first quarter of game 7, where the whole team was bad, DD again outplayed LMA that series.
    I’m not defending Aldridge. I’ve called him out several times. He needs to be gone too. But you can’t trade both guys.

Right now, Derozen dominates the ball and leaves everyone else standing around. Aldridge can at least play within the flow of the game. Derozen lowers your ceiling more than Aldridge does.

Theres is an opportunity for good chemistry to be built on this team which can help carry you through crunch time. Derozen kills that because he’s playing in his own world.

Like I said, he can have 45pts, but when the game is one the line in the playoffs, he is going to make the crucial mistakes that lose the game while everyone else is left standing watching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any 3 and D player. PJ tucker for example

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derozan/Mills for Blake Griffin/Luke Kennard

derozan/Marco/Forbes for Aaron Gordon/Augustin

derozan/Poeltl for Porter Jr/Carter Jr

derozan for Covington/Dieng

derozan/Mills/Marco/Poetlt for Gallinari/Adams

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there are trade options available, but none that are a clear win for the Spurs. At the end of the day the Spurs will have to take back a bad contract or 2, throw in a young asset they don't want to move, and/or be willing to blatantly lose the trade. I think the Bulls are already willing to move Porter. He is way overpaid and a bad defender, but he does have legit SF size/athleticsm. Maybe the Spurs development could be successful where others have not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA has only been proving this for 12+ years now, yet there are still posters who don't get it.
    LMA is truly dominant when he backs guys down. The problem is he hardly ever does, and that should tell people everything they need to know.

You said it. Some here just don't get it. You think they would after 4 years of this crap...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this "better offensive player than Kawhi" stick
    It says a lot that a team without Kawhi adds DD and hardly improves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there are trade options available, but none that are a clear win for the Spurs. At the end of the day the Spurs will have to take back a bad contract or 2, throw in a young asset they don't want to move, and/or be willing to blatantly lose the trade. I think the Bulls are already willing to move Porter. He is way overpaid and a bad defender, but he does have legit SF size/athleticsm. Maybe the Spurs development could be successful where others have not.
    Oladipo was looked at as a loss for the Pacers right after the PG trade.... Until the games were played...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It says a lot that a team without Kawhi adds DD and hardly improves.
    And that slight improvement has more to do with our young guys and not DDR... I genuinely think if u simply subtract him from the team, we would be better... So imagine a trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was 1 thinking this could work, but this dude is trash. I dont like to bash people in my old age but he's really really bad right now. Him an LaMarcus. But to me, LaMarcus is worse.... Derozan sucks, but he does have heart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing about DeMar is his age, I think he’d be better suited coming off the bench and LA is just trash to me. I can’t make an excuse for him other than I guess age.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where are these guys who were saying that ddr is better than ingram??? XDD

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. As I've been saying, it doesn't even matter so much what the return is (there's so many random role players I'd rather have); just get him off the team. He's one of the most damaging players in the league (it's one thing if 3s aren't your forte, but repeatedly either standing on the line or clogging spacing off ball by being in the short corner or floating in the mid range, is just ignorant) and has zero interest in winning if it's not on his archaic terms.

It's extremely difficult to construct a roster around him that makes sense and even if you fall ass backwards into it like the '14-'18 Raptors did, there's still a hard ceiling no matter what. Trading into said ceiling was asinine and they're only exacerbating it by dragging this out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all that said, he's probably getting that extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all that said, he's probably getting that extension.
    would be an even bigger mistake than the Mills / Gasoft combo

Thread Information