Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name one other max salary star who has this much RED in his advanced stats.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't get the DD hate. Do I think he is ove payed? Yes. I'm pretty confident he is a top 10 sg and top 50 player in the league. And this year he is playing to that while LMA has not.
    He's not the worst player ever, but somehow he is not enough of a positive to really matter. Knowing this, we should make moves to do something different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name one other max salary star who has this much RED in his advanced stats.
    Is his 21/6/6 taken into account with these advanced stats? I've been told it would be difficult to replace those numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading DeRozan for an average 3andD guy or stretch 4, straight up, would instantly improve this team (if Pop wasn't an over the hill mimick of what he used to be).

White (with the freedom of being the number one playmaker)
    Forbes
    3&D guy
    Lyles
    Aldridge

Murray
    Mills
    Carroll
    Gay
    Poeltl
    This would not end well. If he wanted that role, he could have it right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA needs to get the boot as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would not end well. If he wanted that role, he could have it right now.
    lol sure. Dude doesn't even have the coaches' confidence to play more than half a game but he could be the main playmaker if wanted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Addition by subtraction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol sure. Dude doesn't even have the coaches' confidence to play more than half a game but he could be the main playmaker if wanted.
    Derrick White has the greenlight. If he doesn't do something out there, it's because he lacked confidence in himself, not because he doesn't have the go-ahead.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Addition by subtraction
    yeah.

trading for demar was subtraction by addition

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah.

trading for demar was subtraction by addition
    I love how you called it all last year and the sniffers called you a player fan and spurs hater

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White has the greenlight. If he doesn't do something out there, it's because he lacked confidence in himself, not because he doesn't have the go-ahead.
    "Green light" . The first mistake he makes, he gets hooked the out. Just imagine what would happen if he dared hogging the ball a couple of possessions in a row.

White needs real trust. He needs to be handed the keys of the team and being asked to "shoot 20 times per game" like Pop used to do with young Tony. He needs to know that no matter how bad he's doing he will get at least 30/35 minutes to get out of the funk. The only thing White is lacking to become a borderline all-star is for Pop to give him the chance to screw up; but that needs to happen sooner rather than later if not White will be forever stuck in "what could have been" land.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His suckage steals the life and will out of the rest of the squad. LMA is serviceable with competence around him.
    DDR is like a disease and should be removed so that a cure can commence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U still don’t get it??
    No, and this is what you get when you put the ball in Whites and Murray's hands. The team has no iden y. Spurs offense was better when DD ran it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Green light" . The first mistake he makes, he gets hooked the out. Just imagine what would happen if he dared hogging the ball a couple of possessions in a row.

White needs real trust. He needs to be handed the keys of the team and being asked to "shoot 20 times per game" like Pop used to do with young Tony. He needs to know that no matter how bad he's doing he will get at least 30/35 minutes to get out of the funk. The only thing White is lacking to become a borderline all-star is for Pop to give him the chance to screw up; but that needs to happen sooner rather than later if not White will be forever stuck in "what could have been" land.
    I think it is all on White and him deciding to grab the bull by the horns or not, but I do hope you are right. Pop has been quoted as telling White to tell him to off.

Edit: Ok I can't find the quote, so nevermind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading DeRozan for an average 3andD guy or stretch 4, straight up, would instantly improve this team (if Pop wasn't an over the hill mimick of what he used to be).

White (with the freedom of being the number one playmaker)
    Forbes
    3&D guy
    Lyles
    Aldridge

Murray
    Mills
    Carroll
    Gay
    Poeltl
    BINGO! Been saying it for almost a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven’t googled but has Defrozen ever hit a game winner?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is all on White and him deciding to grab the bull by the horns or not, but I do hope you are right. Pop has been quoted as telling White to tell him to off.

Edit: Ok I can't find the quote, so nevermind.
    he said he wants him to be a little more like Manu...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven’t googled but has Defrozen ever hit a game winner?
    He hit a few for us last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he said he wants him to be a little more like Manu...
    Thank you, sir.

The full bit:

“Part of it is because he is so unselfish and he so wants to please the coaches,” Popovich said. “So we try at times to get him to be (like), ‘Don’t listen to me. Tell me to go to . Just do what you want to do out there. Be a little bit more like Manu (Ginobili) and don’t worry about making a mistake.’

White has got to stop playing timid. He literally has the OK to do what he wants as long as he is confident about it and can speak to why he did whatever he did.

It's on him to actually take the reins, as Pop is trying to hand them to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll sign this pe ion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you, sir.

The full bit:

“Part of it is because he is so unselfish and he so wants to please the coaches,” Popovich said. “So we try at times to get him to be (like), ‘Don’t listen to me. Tell me to go to . Just do what you want to do out there. Be a little bit more like Manu (Ginobili) and don’t worry about making a mistake.’

White has got to stop playing timid. He literally has the OK to do what he wants as long as he is confident about it and can speak to why he did whatever he did.

It's on him to actually take the reins, as Pop is trying to hand them to him.
    Thanks for sharing this quote. Manu was quite the leader and those are big shoes to fill. White has to be very confident in himself and know better than the coach what is going on in the game and make his own judgment calls on plays and such. He is still developing tbh. Despite his age, his experience at this level is comparable to guys having played just one season. He has room for growth in his confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, let him play out the contract. I don't see any return on a trade worth it. People say "get a 3d sf" but fail to provide a compelling trade offer. No one wants a rental on a low upside late career player. Sucking this year will provide motivation for the post pop-aldridge years. Just as well were compelled to a higher level of professionalism after getting Tim and wasting Robinson's prime, the need to restore the playoff streak will provide some positive drama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, let him play out the contract. I don't see any return on a trade worth it. People say "get a 3d sf" but fail to provide a compelling trade offer. No one wants a rental on a low upside late career player. Sucking this year will provide motivation for the post pop-aldridge years. Just as well were compelled to a higher level of professionalism after getting Tim and wasting Robinson's prime, the need to restore the playoff streak will provide some positive drama.
    Aaron Gordon + fillers. DeRozan and Beli for Gordon and Fournier works for example

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaron Gordon + fillers. DeRozan and Beli for Gordon and Fournier works for example
    Gordon is strictly a 4 in this league and not playing very well this season. Otherwise I don't mind i because Gordon is locked up, not because he is an upgrade. Then Spurs would need to decide between the cheaper Forbes and leting Fournier go. All in the all, it would be DD for Gordon. I rather have cap space for 2021. I think the Spurs could do well in that free agent class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barnes + Bogdanovic
    Barnes + Bjelica
    Barnes + Ariza
    Gallo + Andre
    Iggy + Hill/Crowder
    Porter

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...ch-trade-style
    Last edited by r0drig0lac; 11-13-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Thread Information