Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've wanted this scrub off of the Spurs since they traded for him. He's a terrible fit both now and long term. I am definitely not a fan of overpaying a no defense, chucker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How bout now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is pathetic. He needs to go as soon as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defrozen has to be throwing games. I refuse to believe he's this goddamn garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defrozen has to be throwing games. I refuse to believe he's this goddamn garbage.

No he scores points. You don’t know basketball.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one's trading anything for this scrub. The best we can hope for is he's relegated to the bench, but it's obvious that will never happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't get the DD hate. Do I think he is ove payed? Yes. I'm pretty confident he is a top 10 sg and top 50 player in the league. And this year he is playing to that while LMA has not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But 21/6/6
    best Spurs player
    Etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he scores points. You don’t know basketball.
    I know that having him in the game late in the 4th is something Popovich needs to stop. I don't give a damn how many points he scores, he sucks and I'd be shocked if any team trades for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "but 20/5/5 bro"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dude is like a bigger Monta Ellis (a ing loser too) and will be out of the league soon as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing moronic take man. looks worse every day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing moronic take man. looks worse every day
    It doesn't age well and it sticks out like a sore thumb every time this thread gets bumped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that was bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that having him in the game late in the 4th is something Popovich needs to stop. I don't give a damn how many points he scores, he sucks and I'd be shocked if any team trades for him.
    Exactly the point of this thread. Just crazy how hard people were defending the guy when others could clearly see his issues and how they hurt the overall development of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't age well and it sticks out like a sore thumb every time this thread gets bumped.
    I’ll keep quoting it too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was by far, not even close, the best spur tonight. Where is the LMA threads or the White threads. Wtf is pop continually starting Lyle'
    s. Why is it that our bench gets us back in every game while our starting lineup does not. Why isn't Poeltl not getting more minutes? But no, it's all DD hate with a sprinkle of Mills. They were our two best performers tonight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was by far, not even close, the best spur tonight. Where is the LMA threads or the White threads. Wtf is pop continually starting Lyle'
    s. Why is it that our bench gets us back in every game while our starting lineup does not. Why isn't Poeltl not getting more minutes? But no, it's all DD hate with a sprinkle of Mills. They were our two best performers tonight.
    You’re not wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need more than DDR the highest paid player can offer. He does score points as the highest paid player and ball handler leading his team to another demoralizing loss though.
    The right two $15M players for DDR and the young guards mature maybe SA has a chance to be somebody.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. DeMar singlehandedly killed all Spurs momentum when he came in the 4th. Before he checked in, they were moving the ball around, getting open shots, playing defense. DDR comes in and ball hogs, doesn't play defense, turns it over, and seals the game for the magic. He's is the poster child of empty stats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. DeMar singlehandedly killed all Spurs momentum when he came in the 4th. Before he checked in, they were moving the ball around, getting open shots, playing defense. DDR comes in and ball hogs, doesn't play defense, turns it over, and seals the game for the magic. He's is the poster child of empty stats
    What a load. You know who was responsible getting Spurs back in the game after the starters yet again lost a 16 point lead? Mills. Your putting DD in the post with only one shooter. Gee, what would happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0-10. That's this guy's 3pt FG total for the entire calendar year of 2019.

DeRozan fans. All five of you still remaining. Explain to the rest of us how you're giving him a pass on that stat.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a Raptor fan it hurts seeing this much hate for Derozan. People just expect too much from him. Trading Kawhi for him is a comparison that he can never live up to.

That is not who he is. He is a smart team first player that makes those around him better. He was never a 3pt shooter, nor was he a player that dominated the game by himself, although there were plenty of 30+ point games.

The shooting guard position is a tough spot to expect defensive closure. The players that play that position need to be fast enough to be able to switch up on the opposing teams best guard, usually the main play maker and due to that these guys often lack the size and strength to properly guard PF, SF or Centers. That's why guys like Harden, Steph Curry, Bradley Beal and Lou Williams will never be known for their defense. In order to be able to keep up with guards and match that position these guys always are a mismatch against size and strength. I never understood fans that expected a defensive stopper at the SG position.

In the NBA, the SG is the position that traditionally a team loads up on offence with. No one uses that position for a stopper. There have been guys that play in Dleague that are great stoppers at that position, but if you can't score 20 day in day out, not a single team will give you a shot because that spot should be an automatic 20 points every single day.

That is why Harden, Steph Curry, Beal and Lou Williams are never judged on their defense. Derozan is still a much better defender than all of them. Only LBJ can defend any position at SG.

That said he lacks a 3pt shot. However, he kind of makes up for that by going to the line more often than any other player on your roster. He makes 3pt plays the hard way. I am surprised that he has not added the 3pt from distance to his arsenal yet, I think that might have something to do with Pop's telling him to just play his game and not to do things he does not feel comfortable with.

I guess the best thing to ask is who would you put in his position, that would automatically make you guys better? (aside from LBJ, I don't think that SG is your biggest problem.) Blaming Derozan for your teams woes does not seem right to me. He looks like your best player from what I have seen of you guys thus far. Too many bad nights from his supporting cast.
    Last edited by r2d2; 11-16-2019 at 02:56 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sort of liked DeRozan last year. This year he looks ty to me. He sort of fell off along with Rudy Gay.

Thread Information