Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is a good point you make, based on your perception as fan and you have watched more this season than I have.

Part of my thought is frankly what I hope. I'd hope that seeing the playoffs drifting out of reach, Pop is desperate enough to find that "help" and therefore he is now finally investing in the development of players that he had shoehorned into more limited roles bc LMA, Demar, Forbes, GAy and Mills were going to carry the offense. Perhaps Demar really is injured and this is just serendipity.

But Pop always gave expanded roles and opportunities to young players or newcomers in rest games in the past (or injury games) and that was how he developed many guys in support roles to the big 3. He was lauded in the past for the ability to be able to develop these role players. He may be trying to do the same thing here. That is a constant for him. The injury may be happenstance but it's su ious after that comment he made about finding help. And if he is going to be consistent to what he has done in the past and this is just developing the "help", after the All star break Demar will have his back rested and Pop is going to go back to what he has been doing all season with (he hopes) an improved and confident Murray, White and Walker. I hope he watches a lot of film and makes adjustments instead... hope.

There is something else to watch out for, and it's the fact that it's questionable mere support players is what the team needs at this point and the record reflects it and he should be aware of it. And developing youngsters is not without its own difficulty and challenge bc they need to be let loose at some point if you want not just the confidence but to see how far they can go. I would like to see if they can be consistent for example but that requires Demar sitting out more games, or coming back and deferring and he isn't going to do that in a contract year. And I suspect his presence changes the team anyway bc his game is not suited to play off the ball.
    I think it is not worthwhile to point to what the Old Asshole "always" used to do when he had the Big 3. They clearly covered for a mul ude of Pop's sins. Nobody can do that any more. (Ironically, I AM arguing that he has made THAT adjustment...)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they GAMBLED that there will be a sellers market in the summer like there clearly was one at the trade deadline by not trading him?

ING PAFTO FOR YOU
    Always gettin a Sack of Magic Beans in the Deals for one reason or another
    We are losing DDR for nothing. Would’ve been nice to get a pick or a good young talent out of him. Oh well. It’s no accident this team sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop once boasted that the Spurs didn't scout opponents in-season; they just concentrated on playing their game. In addition to preparing for an opponent, scouting enables a team to gather data on players around the league who might be trade/FA targets. The team's disinterest in trades and to a slightly lesser extent, FAs is probably further evidence of their lack of emphasis on scouting. The Dumbmar trade and Carroll signing would neatly fit that profile. Just another facet of the Spurs' arrogant insularity.
    I don't believe that. Pop was probably trolling. Same thing with "We don't look at the standings" but when you watch Spurs championship DVDs the WCF rankings were right there in the locker room. Besides that none of us have scouted DeRozan and everybody here knew who he was before he even got here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting takes from Windhorst here, saying Spurs weren't shopping DeMar or LA and he thinks it's very likely DeRozan will opt in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting takes from Windhorst here, saying Spurs weren't shopping DeMar or LA and he thinks it's very likely DeRozan will opt in

Gross. They are running it back. lmao

Thread Information