Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cannot count on him in the 4th quarter of playoff games. He’s just a worthless player in real crunch time. But they will never trade him because it would make PATFO look even worse.

This team cannot gel as long as he dominates the ball in the 4th quarter because he is completely oblivious to the flow of the game and teammates around him. He constantly takes bad shots, or puts his head down and drives into traffic over and over. I’m not saying he’s selfish and trying to stay pad. Hes just a dumb player with horrible basketball iq.

It would be addition by subtraction if they got rid of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar, LMA, Pop, Patty, Beli - all of them would be addition by subtraction.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree. But LaMarcus Aldridge played the final 9 minutes of the game and did virtually nothing.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    was saying this the second the spurs traded for him tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs should've traded kawhi and patty to the rockets for cp3, pj tucker, and eric gordon.

harden would've irritated the f outta kawhi

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree. But LaMarcus Aldridge played the final 9 minutes of the game and did virtually nothing.
    Exactly. DeMar played well tonight tbh, he wasn't the problem. Heck even Lyles was great. Gay and Beli combined 5-20 but more importantly White and Murray were horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If would change the whole complexion of the game if DDR would shoot a 3 now and then. Whenever he gets the ball out at the arc, now, the defender sags off him. DDR wouldn't have to hit a high % - , look at Beli - but even if he only drew iron, it would keep the defender more honest, for fear he might make one, and open up the middle more. Give him a quota. Tell him if he doesn't try 5 threes in a game, he has to sit out the next game. Pop will never do it, of course.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. DeMar played well tonight tbh, he wasn't the problem. Heck even Lyles was great. Gay and Beli combined 5-20 but more importantly White and Murray were horrible.
    I dare you to watch video of him playing "defense" tonight. He just doesn't give a about playing D at all. I done understand how any long time Spurs fan can defend this dude.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well lets see. Demar dominates the ball. The other doesn't. Too many times DJ or DWhite are left not touching the ball at all when they share the court

Lamarcus can play off the ball, spread the floor and shoot . He did it for demar so he could post up today and also provided countless Pick n pops. Demar offers none of that. Doesn't know how to play off the ball or shoot from outside.

Defensively LA was active and offered adequate rim protection. I see Demar coasting on that end and getting burnt.

Do the math. Demar is a detriment to this team.

How bad? Addition by subtraction.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well lets see. Demar dominates the ball. The other doesn't. Too many times DJ or DWhite are left not touching the ball at all when they share the court

Lamarcus can play off the ball, spread the floor and shoot . He did it for demar so he could post up today and also provided countless Pick n pops. Demar offers none of that. Doesn't know how to play off the ball or shoot from outside.

Defensively LA was active and offered adequate rim protection. I see Demar coasting on that end and getting burnt.

That 4th quarter stretch was calling for LaMarcus to get down and dirty. Damion Jones was on the verge of fouling out and LaMarcus did absolutely nothing to get involved. He just let DeMar and dejounte do their thing. He played passive again and let everyone else try to win instead of earn his pay cheque.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is 1999 Ewing minus the defense and rebounding.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 4th quarter stretch was calling for LaMarcus to get down and dirty. Damion Jones was on the verge of fouling out and LaMarcus did absolutely nothing to get involved. He just let DeMar and dejounte do their thing. He played passive again and let everyone else try to win instead of earn his pay cheque.
    Which is the point of this thread. Some players need to be fed. Demar is oblivious to that and the flow of the game.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Could have had Ingram smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is the point of this thread. Some players need to be fed. Demar is oblivious to that and the flow of the game.
    and then he makes a boneheaded play and loses composure. he's mentally weak.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Which is why I don't disagree. But LaMarcus holds accountability as well. He gotta get down low and demand the ball when he has the advantage and he failed to do it. DeMar showed that he is a willing contributor, all LaMarcus has got to do is ask for it and he once again sulked and let everyone do work instead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His game is so ing ugly. You know how some players play at their own pace and are always in control? I think that's how DD views his game. He's actually an idiot for playing that way though since he has all the tools to play so much faster. I hate how slow he dribbles, and I hate his slow winding dribble as he backs up into his hideous fadeaway. So many times he has a step on the defender and instead of exploding to the rim he goes into that slow dribble for his fadeaway. Just a really low iq guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dare you to watch video of him playing "defense" tonight. He just doesn't give a about playing D at all. I done understand how any long time Spurs fan can defend this dude.
    They didn't. Spurstalk hated DD right up until he was a Spur. Then they reluctantly put their bib on for the sandwich PATFO were about to feed them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is why I don't disagree. But LaMarcus holds accountability as well. He gotta get down low and demand the ball when he has the advantage and he failed to do it. DeMar showed that he is a willing contributor, all LaMarcus has got to do is ask for it and he once again sulked and let everyone do work instead
    That's just not who he is. While capable, I truly don't think he wants to bang down low. This is why he settles for the turnaround fadeaway more often than not, and likely why he didn't want to play center before he came here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His game is so ing ugly. You know how some players play at their own pace and are always in control? I think that's how DD views his game. He's actually an idiot for playing that way though since he has all the tools to play so much faster. I hate how slow he dribbles, and I hate his slow winding dribble as he backs up into his hideous fadeaway. So many times he has a step on the defender and instead of exploding to the rim he goes into that slow dribble for his fadeaway. Just a really low iq guy.
    He's Walmart Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's Walmart Kobe.
    trader's village delonte west

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't. Spurstalk hated DD right up until he was a Spur. Then they reluctantly put their bib on for the sandwich PATFO were about to feed them.
    Remember when some including LJ were trying to convince themselves Derozan was an upgrade over Kawhi when he first got here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is the problem. It’s bigger than just this game. The guy even got benched in Toronto and the team performed better in the playoffs. He could have 45 pts through 3 quarters, he is still going to cost you the game on the biggest possessions in the 4th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

AND on top off all of this, LMA is the only PF/C in a positional weakness for us and Demar is yet another SG taking min away from white/walker (<haha)/murry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's Walmart Kobe.
    I was thinking about this the other day, he models himself after kobe....yet kobe shot 3s BEFORE the 3 point revolution, so wtf is demar doing not shooting threes post revolution. I heard sean say he wanted tape of andre miller this offseason to gain post moves....REALLY?@?@?!?! shooting from closer to the basket wont help our lack of spacing!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just not who he is. While capable, I truly don't think he wants to bang down low. This is why he settles for the turnaround fadeaway more often than not, and likely why he didn't want to play center before he came here.
    LMA has only been proving this for 12+ years now, yet there are still posters who don't get it.

Thread Information