Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's keep the party going tbh -

Why has Demarre Carroll played a total of 11 minutes over 7 games when the Spurs gave him 3 years/21 million this summer?
    Sniffers would tell you that’s only a partial guarantee on the 3rd year and his salary is fair and tradeable

All inconsequential when you really can’t consider a trade of a guy absolutely not playing for you and get anything useful back... and the point is they spent that money and wedge of the budget on an old forward that’s injury insurance and about 11th-12th in the rotation any given night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Because it's not fair to the other team. Basketball is a game of mistakes and when the refs make mistakes it reminds us that they're human. To overturn a call by an official is disrespecting the game of basketball and the way it's meant to be played, much like the three pointer. I hate the three pointer. What's next a four pointer? How about we award 5 points for half court shots? It's just not basketball. Get over yourselves.."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is finished tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if more than 1 player requested a trade this season. I've said it a million times before, his coaching style/shtick does not work on today's NBA players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great serious discussion here but we need some actual Sniffers to share with us what their Sniffee is thinking with all these amazing coaching decisions. I mean even just a "Spurs have been the best organization the last 20 years is sufficient.

This is a Sniffer Safe Space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is finished tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if more than 1 player requested a trade this season. I've said it a million times before, his coaching style/shtick does not work on today's NBA players.
    Who did it work on in the past? What rookie has he treated like Lonnie that ended up being a star? Or borderline star?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sniffers would tell you that’s only a partial guarantee on the 3rd year and his salary is fair and tradeable

All inconsequential when you really can’t consider a trade of a guy absolutely not playing for you and get anything useful back... and the point is they spent that money and wedge of the budget on an old forward that’s injury insurance and about 11th-12th in the rotation any given night.
    I'm getting Gasol deal flashbacks. Slurpers said that deal would get something good back for 2+ years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really do not know if he is aware of the possibility to challenge a call in the game. If nobody from the assistant coaches give him a hint during the game it might never happen. I already stated it but I really would have liked to see a challenge in the Laker game when AD took a charge from Derozan. The refs took away a three point play from us and a foul from Davis. Even if it was not the fourth quarter a successful challenge would have been very beneficial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why has Demarre Carroll played a total of 11 minutes over 7 games when the Spurs gave him 3 years/21 million this summer?
    I haven't seen anyone attack this question yet unless I skipped the post.

Demarre Carroll has showed a lack of culture during training camp and preseason. He needs to understand that dressing yourself a certain style not only reflects on him but reflects on the team as well. Until he understands this and realizes who is in charge, he will not see any playing until he is ready to come to change his ways. This has nothing to do with basketball, it never has with Pop. It has more to do with what you do in the outside world. Basketball is just a game where a ball goes through a hoop for points. This is life. Get over yourself Demarre. Dress for Success!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over Mugen, I'll give you a challenge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's Pops last year so I will defend the dude. Carroll is washed. Way more washed than anyone thought. You can thank GM Wright for that. The 3rd year was to make room for Morris so that's inconsequential. Carroll can't guard anyone and can't hit anything. By all accounts, he was a bad teammate in Brooklyn which is why I'm surprised we signed him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude doesn't want to take 3 pointers at a high rate not because of pragmatism but because of aesthetics and taste, like Basketball is his own brand of ing wine. So I do believe he sees this new innovation as going against his high brow taste and is not using it for that reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over Mugen, I'll give you a challenge.
    Ed, you're my guy. You've Sniffed before but you know I can never stay mad at ya.

I'm just legitimately asking for answers on some really confusing Pop decisions in the most obnoxious way I know.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a legit or logical answer as to why pop won't play Murray and white together? The one time he did the defensive backcourt duo got a stop to win the game. What's the hold up? Trying not to give other teams film of the two?
    Thinking of it logically, because of the minutes restriction on Murray he wants to have at least one of them on The floor. I also understand people are pissed because of the current rotations but I can’t think of a time when the rotation at the start of the season was the same going into the playoffs so some might want to pump the brakes on the cliff jumping with 75 games left in the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ed, you're my guy. You've Sniffed before but you know I can never stay mad at ya.

I'm just legitimately asking for answers on some really confusing Pop decisions in the most obnoxious way I know.
    I was just messing around, brother. Seemed like an appropriate thread to throw that in.

I'm just as perplexed as you are about some of the coaching decisions being made this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey answer my Brian Wright question lol.

But I’ve been burned on this before but I’ll go ahead: it’s not that challenges are an “issue”. It’s that it seems symbolic of engagement. Look at these rotations. Look at the painfully obvious coaching mistakes. Look at the lifelessness of LMA and the team as a whole (constantly down double digits and no fight).

You don’t buy that challenges by a coach are a sign of engagement? He, like many players, seem to have very little fight left. His only fight is with Lonnie meanwhile I’ve personally never seen a more listless and lack of chemistry Spurs team in the past 20+ years.

There seems to be no accountability (look at LMA effort after a truly boneheaded decision to guarantee his deal early) as evidenced by no call out of LMA Beli or anyone but Lonnie despite completely unacceptable efforts from many.

Just more of waxing poetic with no real leadership right now.
    + 1 Could not have said it better

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who did it work on in the past? What rookie has he treated like Lonnie that ended up being a star? Or borderline star?
    Thats easy one Parker got bashed on a daily basis and he traded Sean Elliott to Detroit. Lol. But I get you that tough love don’t work with the new generation.

He is not treating Murray the same way he is treating White or Walker which is my biggest problem with Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    + 1 Could not have said it better
    Go ahead and hit that like button and click subscribe on the top right corner of the video

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats easy one Parker got bashed on a daily basis and he traded Sean Elliott to Detroit. Lol. But I get you that tough love don’t work with the new generation.

He is not treating Murray the same way he is treating White or Walker which is my biggest problem with Pop.
    Murray is a client of Klutch. They'll request for a trade if they feel his is disrespected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen anyone attack this question yet unless I skipped the post.

Demarre Carroll has showed a lack of culture during training camp and preseason. He needs to understand that dressing yourself a certain style not only reflects on him but reflects on the team as well. Until he understands this and realizes who is in charge, he will not see any playing until he is ready to come to change his ways. This has nothing to do with basketball, it never has with Pop. It has more to do with what you do in the outside world. Basketball is just a game where a ball goes through a hoop for points. This is life. Get over yourself Demarre. Dress for Success!
    Underrated post.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Really hope the young Holts tell Pop to quit being such a little and remind him who is actually in charge of the Spurs org. They cant be happy seeing this lifeless on court play.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop hasnt challenged because its pointless
    carroll hasnt been playing because he sucks, and pop is waiting to see how much longer belli sucks before he puts in the new/vet sucky guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm getting Gasol deal flashbacks. Slurpers said that deal would get something good back for 2+ years.
    Same thing I thought...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey answer my Brian Wright question lol.

But I’ve been burned on this before but I’ll go ahead: it’s not that challenges are an “issue”. It’s that it seems symbolic of engagement. Look at these rotations. Look at the painfully obvious coaching mistakes. Look at the lifelessness of LMA and the team as a whole (constantly down double digits and no fight).

You don’t buy that challenges by a coach are a sign of engagement? He, like many players, seem to have very little fight left. His only fight is with Lonnie meanwhile I’ve personally never seen a more listless and lack of chemistry Spurs team in the past 20+ years.

There seems to be no accountability (look at LMA effort after a truly boneheaded decision to guarantee his deal early) as evidenced by no call out of LMA Beli or anyone but Lonnie despite completely unacceptable efforts from many.

Just more of waxing poetic with no real leadership right now.
    Gonna frame this one.

Sadly this is the perfect interpretation of this once great team and great coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude doesn't want to take 3 pointers at a high rate not because of pragmatism but because of aesthetics and taste, like Basketball is his own brand of ing wine. So I do believe he sees this new innovation as going against his high brow taste and is not using it for that reason.
    pop had no problem leading the league in 3's during the early and mid 2010s ... suddenly when the warriors/rockets did it better he complained about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember watching Woody Hayes get senile while coaching until he tackled a player running down the sidelines. Pop reminds me a lot of how Hayes acted and coached leading up to that moment.

Thread Information