Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im glad they decided to fully guarantee LMA's next season salary when they didnt have to only to have him return the "goodwill" by playing like a lethargic piece of

i know that's not in question form, but you can figure it out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im glad they decided to fully guarantee LMA's next season salary when they didnt have to only to have him return the "goodwill" by playing like a lethargic piece of

i know that's not in question form, but you can figure it out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "goodwill" and "signaling their plan to other players" as reasons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Q/A thread about pop and marco hasn't come up yet?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That one has actually been answered by the Sniffers a lot tbh.

It was to punish Kawhi and Dennis by sending him to the frozen tundra. The problem was that the RC couldn't even get OG back let alone Siakam and Nephew was able to add a championship to his legacy along the way.
    Still think they should have just suspended mute for the season and let him rehab in NYC again.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Q: Why hasn't DeRozan gotten his Gasol contract yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the pOp ShOuLd cHaLlEnGe edgelords out there, what do you think about this call against Lou Williams not being reversed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good on Doc for at least giving a enough to challenge tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good on Doc for at least giving a enough to challenge tbh.
    Probability-wise, the chances of a coach having a successful challenge through 7 games is about 50%. Edgelords really think that is a leading issue with the Spurs right now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probability-wise, the chances of a coach having a successful challenge through 7 games is about 50%. Edgelords really think that is a leading issue with the Spurs right now?
    Don't think anybody said it was a leading issue. Starting off with a layup for the Sniffers considering all the other Pop genius moves so far this season make no sense. was hoping there was an enlightening reason why Pop hasn't even thought about challenging.

So you're saying that a 50% chance of overturning a call isn't worth it for the old man? You think he actually challenges a call this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you creating this straw man? I addressed the issue in my post. It’s not “the issue” - it’s symbolic. It’s about engagement and focus. Is Pop getting extra timeouts next game for carrying them over? No. So what’s the big deal on using them to make a point and fight for your guys?

At this point the only challenge I’m expecting from Pop is if Lonnie draws a charge for Pop to challenge and ask the refs for it to be called a foul so he can yell at him and yank him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're saying that a 50% chance of overturning a call isn't worth it for the old man?
    It's actually a 36% chance, tbh. The 50% was the probability of having a call overturned in a 7-game stretch. Obviously, not a big deal outside of the edgelord delusions.

I addressed the issue in my post. It’s not “the issue” - it’s symbolic. It’s about engagement and focus.
    "I'm not going to try on defense or concentrate on this three-pointer because Pop isn't winning challenges!" - thought no Spurs player this year

At this point the only challenge I’m expecting from Pop is if Lonnie draws a charge for Pop to challenge and ask the refs for it to be called a foul so he can yell at him and yank him
    Why are you creating this straw man?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're either completely missing the point or being purposefully obtuse. Obviously the team has bigger problems than Pop thinking challenging a call is beneath him.....

I'm supposed to question why Beli is getting a ton of minutes? Why DJ/White aren't playing together? Frankly, those aren't that surprising to anybody that's followed the old man the last 5 years. His guys are getting the minutes, that's just Pop for you.

Back to the OT - even if it was a 10% chance of being overturned, it costs the Spurs a timeout at most. You don't think a coach should try to get ANY advantage he can for his team? 36% seems pretty f'n high to me tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His guys are getting the minutes, that's just Pop for you.
    Do edgelords find it weird that Pop is starting Trey Lyles, which goes against all of edgelord doctrine that says Pop only plays old players or "his" players or however the narrative goes? Real Q.

Back to the OT - even if it was a 10% chance of being overturned, it costs the Spurs a timeout at most.
    So you think a 10% chance of a random play being overturned is worth more than a timeout, particularly in the second half? Questionable strategy, even before digging any deeper than that, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do edgelords find it weird that Pop is starting Trey Lyles, which goes against all of edgelord doctrine that says Pop only plays old players or "his" players or however the narrative goes? Real Q.

So you think a 10% chance of a random play being overturned is worth more than a timeout, particularly in the second half? Questionable strategy, even before digging any deeper than that, tbh.
    1) You mean Trey Bogans Cunningham? Him starting doesn't surprise me in the least considering he was the tiest player the Spurs added this offseason
    2) Do you not remember Pop's garbage out of bounds plays for the last several years? A timeout so Patty can waddle out there and get 3 screens from Jakob, LMA, and the aforementioned Lyles and probably not even get a shot off in time? A Derozan iso so he can try that bull stepback 20 footer? If it's a 4-6 point swing, yeah I'd rather get that then some garbage timeout play from Pop.

Did the F grade decrease Sniffer traffic that much because you're not making any sense tbh. You're smarter than this, Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) You mean Trey Bogans Cunningham? Him starting doesn't surprise me in the least considering he was the tiest player the Spurs added this offseason
    Bogans and Cunningham were both old so they fit the edgelord doctrine. Repeat, does the fact Lyles is young and inexperienced cause a philosophical dilemma for edgelords? No dodging.

2) Do you not remember Pop's garbage out of bounds plays for the last several years?
    Stats say Pop draws up some of the most effective plays out of timeouts. And it's been that way for years.

A timeout so Patty can waddle out there and get 3 screens from Jakob, LMA, and the aforementioned Lyles and probably not even get a shot off in time?
    This happened?

If it's a 4-6 point swing, yeah I'd rather get that then some garbage timeout play from Pop.
    So edgelord doctrine believes Pop should challenge every game because his timeouts are worthless? That's an interesting scripture update, to say the least.

Did the F grade decrease Sniffer traffic that much because you're not making any sense tbh. You're smarter than this, Tim.
    Tim, you should thank me for trying to drive traffic to your fledgling thread, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My man has been Sniffin something else besides the old man's behind tbh.

Can't believe anybody would want a Pop end of game special instead of a 4-6 point swing. He didn't even need a timeout to roll out this gem:

The edgelords are a big reason why this place isn't reddit.com/r/spurstalk so you're welcome tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He didn't even need a timeout to roll out this gem
    So your example is something that disproves your theory? Weird decision, tbh.

The edgelords are a big reason why this place isn't reddit.com/r/spurstalk so you're welcome tbh
    Well, I am posting in this thread, aren't I, Tim?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    For the pOp ShOuLd cHaLlEnGe edgelords out there, what do you think about this call against Lou Williams not being reversed?

So a call gets reversed and that vindicates our coaches senility? so we should just never challenge a call in fear it gets reversed? you're better than that tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a call gets reversed and that vindicates our coaches senility? so we should just never challenge a call in fear it gets reversed? you're better than that tbh...
    Try again, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually a 36% chance, tbh. The 50% was the probability of having a call overturned in a 7-game stretch. Obviously, not a big deal outside of the edgelord delusions.

"I'm not going to try on defense or concentrate on this three-pointer because Pop isn't winning challenges!" - thought no Spurs player this year

Why are you creating this straw man?
    You are just making that stuff up. Do you think the team as whole is giving supreme effort and playing focus and engaged this season? Do you think Pop has been truly engaged and focused?

No one is saying players will not try due to challenges; we are saying the lack of challenges seems to be a symptom of an overall lack of engagement even if the act itself might not impact any outcomes. I don’t think it’s that hard; you may not agree, but its like a player not paying attention in the huddle during a timeout in the 1Q. Does that mean the player isn’t going to try the rest of the game or that it’s the biggest issue facing the team? No, but it’s a sign of engagement.

Mine was an obvious joke, but it’s not a straw man considering Pop is actually yanking Lonnie and chastising him and no one else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So we have one example (Lyles) getting minutes to disprove some “theory” but the playing of Mils, Beli and less White/Murray, which is more prevalent doesn’t lend credence to that mindset?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So your example is something that disproves your theory? Weird decision, tbh.

Well, I am posting in this thread, aren't I, Tim?
    Use the search function() - Age/Experience have nothing to do with it, I've hated on Bryn for a while now and last I checked that loser is pretty young. It doesn't surprise me that Lyles is starting since him sucking on a basketball court + buying into the team culture punched his ticket to the starting lineup w/ the old man.

Speaking of dodging, do you think Pop will/should challenge a call this entire season? Or are you saying that you'd rather have an extra timeout instead of a possible 4-6 point swing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are just making that stuff up.
    What am I making up? You were the one making up some scenario about Walker. I'm just pointing at stats, tbh.

Do you think the team as whole is giving supreme effort and playing focus and engaged this season?
    I haven't argued that they are -- I've pointed out that it's weird to blame that on cHaLlEnGes.

we are saying the lack of challenges seems to be a symptom of an overall lack of engagement even if the act itself might not impact any outcomes.
    In less than a third of games has a coach used a challenge. Does that mean ~70% of the time NBA coaches lack engagement?

I don’t think it’s that hard; you may not agree, but its like a player not paying attention in the huddle during a timeout in the 1Q. Does that mean the player isn’t going to try the rest of the game or that it’s the biggest issue facing the team? No, but it’s a sign of engagement.
    "Whether a coach is engaged is based on if he uses a challenge." Weird theory but I guess we'll see how that plays out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is blaming the lack of challenges for why the team looks like .

Thread Information