Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a serious thread. Ask a serious question and a Sniffer gives you a serious answer. Please, serious inquiries only.

I'll start with a two-parter:

It's been 7 games, why hasn't Pop challenged a single call yet this season? Will he challenge one all season?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya he will challenge a play when one of our guys hits a winning shot. He will be like I don’t think he got it off in time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will challenge a play that goes against his pupils Kerr,Brown,Bud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Challenges are beneath a genius like him, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good serious responses, tbh.

Two clear plays that could have been challenged tonight: ball going off LMA and Poetl's foul on Bembry's dunk attempt.

Any Sniffer out there willing to throw out if/when they think Pop will challenge a call this season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously not a sniffer since I've always called out Poop, but to answer your question I think he'll do it on some random, inconsequential play at the end of the game to give the other team a hard time as a joke, and most certainly with his trademark eating grin on his face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously not a sniffer since I've always called out Poop, but to answer your question I think he'll do it on some random, inconsequential play at the end of the game to give the other team a hard time as a joke, and most certainly with his trademark eating grin on his face.
    That's actually the most plausible scenario tbh. Well done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's keep the party going tbh -

Why has Demarre Carroll played a total of 11 minutes over 7 games when the Spurs gave him 3 years/21 million this summer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's actually the most plausible scenario tbh. Well done.
    I'll also add: likely, as dasclicer said, to one of the Kerr/Brown/Bud teams.

I can already see the eating grin and thumbs up to the other bench now as Pop's Spurs trail by 15 with 2 minutes to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll also add: likely, as dasclicer said, to one of the Kerr/Brown/Bud teams.

I can already see the eating grin and thumbs up to the other bench now as Pop's Spurs trail by 15 with 2 minutes to go.
    tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a serious thread. Ask a serious question and a Sniffer gives you a serious answer. Please, serious inquiries only.

It's been 7 games, why hasn't Pop challenged a single call yet this season? Will he challenge one all season?
    Damn, I put on my bib and was ready to drop some truth bombs but this was the lame question you came up with with all the other possibilities? You watch dat game tonight?

There has been a total of 23 successful challenges all season long -- or less than one per team. How is challenges an issue right now, tbh, ?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    He should have used the challenge on the Derozan travel call. i mean that was the perfect time, big moment later in the fourth on a momentum shifting play. Dude is so ing old and senile he probably doesnt even remember that he can challenge a call.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I put on my bib and was ready to drop some truth bombs but this was the lame question you came up with with all the other possibilities? You watch dat game tonight?

There has been a total of 23 successful challenges all season long -- or less than one per team. How is challenges an issue right now, tbh, ?
    Tim - this is a serious thread tbh.

From the looks of it, we'll have plenty of opportunities to bump this thread with many, many, more serious questions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got one: Why did Poop settle on DumbMar and Jakob ing Poeltl?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That one has actually been answered by the Sniffers a lot tbh.

It was to punish Kawhi and Dennis by sending him to the frozen tundra. The problem was that the RC couldn't even get OG back let alone Siakam and Nephew was able to add a championship to his legacy along the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim, that’s a question that’ll only be answered in Pop’s memoirs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Because it's not fair to the other team. Basketball is a game of mistakes and when the refs make mistakes it reminds us that they're human. To overturn a call by an official is disrespecting the game of basketball and the way it's meant to be played, much like the three pointer. I hate the three pointer. What's next a four pointer? How about we award 5 points for half court shots? It's just not basketball. Get over yourselves.."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That one has actually been answered by the Sniffers a lot tbh.

It was to punish Kawhi and Dennis by sending him to the frozen tundra. The problem was that the RC couldn't even get OG back let alone Siakam and Nephew was able to add a championship to his legacy along the way.
    “Why have a cancer in the lockerroom when you can have several on the court, tbh.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Because it's not fair to the other team. Basketball is a game of mistakes and when the refs make mistakes it reminds us that they're human. To overturn a call by an official is disrespecting the game of basketball and the way it's meant to be played, much like the three pointer. I hate the three pointer. What's next a four pointer? How about we award 5 points for half court shots? It's just not basketball. Get over yourselves.."
    Wouldn’t put it past the old man to say exactly that lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should get COY if this team gets to the playoffs this year tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Maybe he should blame the guy who put the team together?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s the biggest reason this team is struggling right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a legit or logical answer as to why pop won't play Murray and white together? The one time he did the defensive backcourt duo got a stop to win the game. What's the hold up? Trying not to give other teams film of the two?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a legit or logical answer as to why pop won't play Murray and white together? The one time he did the defensive backcourt duo got a stop to win the game. What's the hold up? Trying not to give other teams film of the two?
    That might be the Sniffer answer tbh

Big Brain Pop not playing his two best young guys at the same time so teams can't scout the 10th seeded Spurs come May.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hey answer my Brian Wright question lol.

But I’ve been burned on this before but I’ll go ahead: it’s not that challenges are an “issue”. It’s that it seems symbolic of engagement. Look at these rotations. Look at the painfully obvious coaching mistakes. Look at the lifelessness of LMA and the team as a whole (constantly down double digits and no fight).

You don’t buy that challenges by a coach are a sign of engagement? He, like many players, seem to have very little fight left. His only fight is with Lonnie meanwhile I’ve personally never seen a more listless and lack of chemistry Spurs team in the past 20+ years.

There seems to be no accountability (look at LMA effort after a truly boneheaded decision to guarantee his deal early) as evidenced by no call out of LMA Beli or anyone but Lonnie despite completely unacceptable efforts from many.

Just more of waxing poetic with no real leadership right now.

Thread Information